Scottish Fitba'

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Sorry to ask but what is EBT/EBTS
A way to avoid paying income tax. Pay the money into a trust rather than taxing at source.
Ridiculous really when you think what players earned.
I don't think the process is actually illegal, and that was why Rangers tried to use this to their advantage.
Found out in the end though!

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
A way to avoid paying income tax. Pay the money into a trust rather than taxing at source.
Ridiculous really when you think what players earned.
I don't think the process is actually illegal, and that was why Rangers tried to use this to their advantage.
Found out in the end though!
What was illegal was Rangers giving players “side letters” saying the ‘loans’ they were giving them would never need to be repaid. That’s tax evasion.

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Scott Brown now manager of Ayr United.
Quite a good move for him I think, they still have the bones of a good team who for some reason did not follow on from last years success.
Improved ground and decent fan base.

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Just a brief message to all you Scottish fans on here wishing you a "Happy Burns Night". Have a great night and enjoy.
Thank you.
We are off for a nice meal at Soutar's tonight, their locally caught haggis is quite superb.

BBC Scotland Burns celebration was very good last night, giving a modern twist to his words and music with mainly young artists.
[Perhaps excepting the rendition of Scots Wa Hae in a male weedy whispering voice.]

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Love a bit of Burns…organised and hosted a Burns Supper and Ceilidh at my club for three years but not this or last and getting a few requests for next year. Must set things in motion.👍