Scottish Fitba'

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
That goes without saying but, to be honest, Celtic probably have more to lose because if they are awarded 9iaR under these circumstances it will always be questioned.

Circumstances are less than cheating your way to titles though so I don't really understand this attitude. A global pandemic is less of a slight than illegally paying and funding a squad to gain an illegal advantage surely??

Reactions: Val

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Basically they see themselves as saviours of Scottish football and it's integrity (I know can't make it up!) They claim that the SFA has acted illegally by threatening to withhold prize money if the teams didn't accept to end now. Rangers claim they could still have given the prize money and continued the league if and when it resumes and readjust the final payouts. They are also claiming Dundee vote was not lost and Dundee have been bullied into changing their mind.

Bizarre accusations when "their man" sat on the board!

So, let me get it right and how I'm reading it, the SPFL did 3/4 of what Rangers asked by paying out on the lower leagues but aren't happy about Premiership?

In terms of voting, I'm led to believe the vote excluding Dundee was 34/41? An absolute majority regardless?

Stinks of stamping feet hard because you didn't get your own way.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
I agree with the Ann Budge point - a clear conflict of interest. She's also on record as stating the premiership was large enough and shouldn't be increased but clearly is changing her mind now out of self-interest. To my mind, if they are going to restructure the leagues they should be doing so for a better reason than simply mitigating the impact on the teams that have been screwed over by this decision.

Wasn't the initial vote the same conflict of interest though, every club just voting for what best suited their club

Actually who else could you possibly put in charge, a club chairman that by voting to end the season now actively voted not to consider any other options including reconstruction? They're just not gonna put any effort or thought into it so it had to be someone with motive to properly look at options

ferenezejohn

Visit site
Keep hearing sporting integrity, sporting integrity from either rangers or hearts fans funny enough I didn't here a peep from them when rangers had side letters (which constitutes a 3-0 defeat) for over 12 years if any titles are tainted we can start with rangers 9iar
Give it a rest.
I for one gave up my season tickets at Ibrox 4 years ago because I got sick of listening to the bigoted element of the support.
When it comes to that both clubs are as bad as each other.
If you want this thread to decend into the loyalist scum terrorist's, sevco, v IRA scum terrorist's and big jock knew crap your on the wrong web site.
So for that reason I will take no further part in this thread.
Whatever decisions are made and if any wrongdoings and I repeat if, they will all come out in the fullness of time.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Knock the asterisks on the head. Told you before, you wouldn't be so wide in real life, and don't trot out your brother in law tripe, just knock it on the head.

well they are not the same club that previously won 9iaR. My brother in law has zero interest in football. But I will desist in the interests of social harmony ?

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I think the clubs have already cobbled up a re-structure plan and Doncaster shenanigans were only to allow the sponsorship money to be paid out to stop clubs going under.
Strange how Hearts, Partick and Falkirk are all so quiet about it all.
I recon the two clubs will come in at the lower end of the leagues with maybe and adjustment next season.

smange

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I think the clubs have already cobbled up a re-structure plan and Doncaster shenanigans were only to allow the sponsorship money to be paid out to stop clubs going under.
Strange how Hearts, Partick and Falkirk are all so quiet about it all.
I recon the two clubs will come in at the lower end of the leagues with maybe and adjustment next season.

Hearts, Patrick & Falkirk all have a representative on the “reconstruction panel”! So yes a reconstruction plan will be implemented which is as you say why they’ve all gone quiet on it.

But I think it will be a one season plan to keep the peace and let this season end without legal actions, going forward after that will see the current set up return as that’s what the “self preservation premier league” clubs want! The old firm want to play each other 4 times a season and the tv sponsors want that as well so it will remain that way for as long as Scottish football is around. Also remember for any changes to the premier league there needs to be an 11-1 vote which isn’t going to happen when clubs in the premier are all looking out for themselves

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Hearts, Patrick & Falkirk all have a representative on the “reconstruction panel”! So yes a reconstruction plan will be implemented which is as you say why they’ve all gone quiet on it.

But I think it will be a one season plan to keep the peace and let this season end without legal actions, going forward after that will see the current set up return as that’s what the “self preservation premier league” clubs want! The old firm want to play each other 4 times a season and the tv sponsors want that as well so it will remain that way for as long as Scottish football is around. Also remember for any changes to the premier league there needs to be an 11-1 vote which isn’t going to happen when clubs in the premier are all looking out for themselves

You win 4 games all season (even cut short) you deserve to be relegated. Hearts going to cheat relegation?

smange

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
You win 4 games all season (even cut short) you deserve to be relegated. Hearts going to cheat relegation?

Yes I believe Hearts will “cheat” relegation but it will be through reconstruction and nothing more.

I don’t like that the season has been cut short and clubs are (at the moment) being promoted/relegated on an average points basis but that what the clowns in charge have came up with so we have to go with it but as I say there’s a reason that Hearts, Falkirk & Patrick have all gone quiet about their own personal misfortunes from the way the season has ended!

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Yes I believe Hearts will “cheat” relegation but it will be through reconstruction and nothing more.

I don’t like that the season has been cut short and clubs are (at the moment) being promoted/relegated on an average points basis but that what the clowns in charge have came up with so we have to go with it but as I say there’s a reason that Hearts, Falkirk & Patrick have all gone quiet about their own personal misfortunes from the way the season has ended!

What do you propose? We just wait till whenever to play games. You have the contract situations that will arise, you also have predicted further waves of Covid 19.

How long do you wait?

Reconstruction to save the bacon of a side who have played atrociously all season is a nonsense and not a reason to change. Also if you look back at what Budge has said previously this stinks of hypocrisy all day long.

Moral high ground is not a reason for reconstruction. If anything it's knee jerk.

smange

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
What do you propose? We just wait till whenever to play games. You have the contract situations that will arise, you also have predicted further waves of Covid 19.

How long do you wait?

Reconstruction to save the bacon of a side who have played atrociously all season is a nonsense and not a reason to change. Also if you look back at what Budge has said previously this stinks of hypocrisy all day long.

Moral high ground is not a reason for reconstruction. If anything it's knee jerk.

I didn’t say I agree with reconstruction happening to save Hearts skin! I said I think it will happen to save their skin!
The Premier league doesn’t want to lose Hearts as I’m guessing the 3rd or 4th largest support and be replaced with ICT. The premier league clubs are thinking about their own finances and rather have whatever travelling support Hearts bring over whatever ICT bring!

As much as I’m against the way the season has been ended early it surely has to be ended early across all leagues and not just the lower leagues which I’m sure you agree on. Why then do you think the clowns in charge have allowed the premier league to remain at the minute undecided?

Yes Budge is full of hypocrisy and I think we all know none of this would be happening if it were Hamilton or St Mirren in the league position Hearts are in

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
I didn’t say I agree with reconstruction happening to save Hearts skin! I said I think it will happen to save their skin!
The Premier league doesn’t want to lose Hearts as I’m guessing the 3rd or 4th largest support and be replaced with ICT. The premier league clubs are thinking about their own finances and rather have whatever travelling support Hearts bring over whatever ICT bring!

As much as I’m against the way the season has been ended early it surely has to be ended early across all leagues and not just the lower leagues which I’m sure you agree on. Why then do you think the clowns in charge have allowed the premier league to remain at the minute undecided?

Yes Budge is full of hypocrisy and I think we all know none of this would be happening if it were Hamilton or St Mirren in the league position Hearts are in

Your last paragraph is 100% spot on.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Didn't the same thing happen years ago when Aberdeen were supposed to be relegated ? :confused:

No Falkirk (I think (Brockville from memory) didn't have a stadium that met SPL criteria. A criteria that was already in place.

Also at that time it wasn't an automatic relegation but it would have been a play off.

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
No Falkirk (I think (Brockville from memory) didn't have a stadium that met SPL criteria. A criteria that was already in place.

Also at that time it wasn't an automatic relegation but it would have been a play off.

Correct. Falkirk as a club would not pay for the stadium they couldn't afford unlike Airdrie who chased that dream and died as a club.

smange

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Scottish football officials getting more and more ridiculous now!!

The average points per game played has also been applied to the junior leagues and Auchinleck Talbot have been named as champions despite being in 3rd place and having played 9 games less but yet the premier league is still up in the air!!

Why are we operating a whole pyramid system for our football and applying rules all over the country yet one league still remains undecided all because one of their precious “big teams” would be relegated?

What is the point in it all if they are just (yet again) going to have different rules for different leagues/teams!

If reconstruction is implemented and Hearts saved from relegation I can’t see myself ever setting foot inside a ground again when I’m back home, no way am I going to help line the pockets of idiots and incompetents like Neil Doncaster and his cronies!! I will, as I do already still contribute to my club but only in ways the clowns in charge don’t get a penny of my hard earned.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Scottish football officials getting more and more ridiculous now!!

The average points per game played has also been applied to the junior leagues and Auchinleck Talbot have been named as champions despite being in 3rd place and having played 9 games less but yet the premier league is still up in the air!!

Why are we operating a whole pyramid system for our football and applying rules all over the country yet one league still remains undecided all because one of their precious “big teams” would be relegated?

What is the point in it all if they are just (yet again) going to have different rules for different leagues/teams!

If reconstruction is implemented and Hearts saved from relegation I can’t see myself ever setting foot inside a ground again when I’m back home, no way am I going to help line the pockets of idiots and incompetents like Neil Doncaster and his cronies!! I will, as I do already still contribute to my club but only in ways the clowns in charge don’t get a penny of my hard earned.

The only reason the Prem hasn't been called is the SPFL are waiting for UEFA to give national associations the go ahead to do that. If they jump the gun, there is a risk Scottish clubs will be barred from Europe.

However, I agree that talk of restructuring the leagues is a pathetic attempt to appease Hearts after Budge threatened to sue.