Scottish Fitba'

smange

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Why couldn’t we have finished the season behind closed doors?

To be relegating teams with 8/9 games to go and announcing teams as champions and gaining promotion is just wrong!

Then of course the SPFL put the chairman of the club who are bottom of the Premier league, and at risk of early relegation, in charge of league reconstruction talks!!

When Rangers went bust and were kicked down the league’s Dunfermline were still relegated from the premier league in the name of “sporting integrity”! But yet here we are a few years later and “sporting integrity” now means nothing?

After this latest SPFL farce of the voting mess up its time a few heads rolled and people who are interested in helping our game grow and try to move forward were put in place

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Why couldn’t we have finished the season behind closed doors?

To be relegating teams with 8/9 games to go and announcing teams as champions and gaining promotion is just wrong!

Then of course the SPFL put the chairman of the club who are bottom of the Premier league, and at risk of early relegation, in charge of league reconstruction talks!!

When Rangers went bust and were kicked down the league’s Dunfermline were still relegated from the premier league in the name of “sporting integrity”! But yet here we are a few years later and “sporting integrity” now means nothing?

After this latest SPFL farce of the voting mess up its time a few heads rolled and people who are interested in helping our game grow and try to move forward were put in place

So you are happy not to risk fans getting Covid 19 but are willing to have two squads of footballers come together, be confined within small changing facilities, have physical contact with each other, have Aberdeen travel to Motherwell, have Dundee go to Dumfries, Partick travel to Inverness etc??

Also it will cost the club's more to travel to games and put games on without any fan income.

Nightmare scenario which really isn't feasible in any way that I can see.

smange

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
So you are happy not to risk fans getting Covid 19 but are willing to have two squads of footballers come together, be confined within small changing facilities, have physical contact with each other, have Aberdeen travel to Motherwell, have Dundee go to Dumfries, Partick travel to Inverness etc??

Also it will cost the club's more to travel to games and put games on without any fan income.

Nightmare scenario which really isn't feasible in any way that I can see.

So are you happy that clubs are relegated which in turn costs them a lot of money next season in gate money and prize money at end of next season even though there are still 8/9 games of the season to go?

For example Partick were 2 points behind with a game in hand and (barring league reconstruction) are relegated?

I appreciate we are in unprecedented times but we are talking sport here and any decisions made should be made with sporting integrity!

Then to put Ann Budge in charge of league reconstruction talks is absolutely bizarre considering it’s her club who have the most to lose if they do indeed stick with the same plan to relegate teams based on current positions in the premier league!!

Of course “absolutely bizarre” decisions are part and parcel of the decisions made by the clowns supposedly in charge of Scottish football!

Grant85

Head Pro
Visit site
A few points.

while it is not at all appropriate for clubs to have been voting on something like this (i.e. it's clear clubs have to vote with their own interest in mind) it should be noted that the they are effectively voting on changing the rules of the league. As such they require overwhelming approval - not just a simple majority.

Ultimately the main motivation for clubs voting the way they did was for to disperse prize money now, rather than wait until potentially finishing the season in August. Not really sure the impact this will have, likely clubs are just deferring financial issues to a later date and many will still enter administration or have significantly reduced budgets.

The big issue is with the Premier teams. Ultimately they have far greater reason to finish their season due to TV monies they'd no doubt contractually give up as well as the fact they will all have more season ticket holders and potential ticket sales from getting these games on post lock-down.

We are now seeing UEFA attempting to end the European season at the end of August and they seem to be encouraging the other top leagues to finish their domestic seasons before the next season starts. I'd actually be very surprised if the Scottish Premier doesn't end up finishing their season at some point.

I'd guess their thought process from UEFA will be that clubs are effectively having their close season now and the intention will be to start up June or July again and run two seasons into one. Perhaps have a load of ties as single leg only in order to catch up by February / March.

ferenezejohn

Visit site
Two choices
1 null and void the season
2 finish it as it stands.
You can't crown Celtic champions then reconstruct the premier League to avoid relegation, then relegate Thistle who are 2 points behind with a game in hand.
Even as it stands if Thistle were relegated it will end up in court.
So let Thistle play there game in hand on FIFA console then end it as it stands.
Sounds crazy yes! But I don't see these clowns in charge coming up with a viable solution.??
I will add that I will congratulate my Celtic supporting friends at the golf club whenever that opens, gives me time to practice getting the words out of my mouth through gritted teeth☹️☹️☹️

Last edited:

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Two choices
1 null and void the season
2 finish it as it stands.
You can't crown Celtic champions then reconstruct the premier League to avoid relegation, then relegate Thistle who are 2 points behind with a game in hand.
Even as it stands if Thistle were relegated it will end up in court.
So let Thistle play there game in hand on FIFA console then end it as it stands.
Sounds crazy yes! But I don't see these clowns in charge coming up with a viable solution.??
I will add that I will congratulate my Celtic supporting friends at the golf club whenever that opens, gives me time to practice getting the words out of my mouth through gritted teeth☹️☹️☹️

Firstly you can't null and void. That's a non starter.

Thistle have already said they will not take legal action, again even if they could have they're on paper now saying that they accept the decision and won't challenge it.

Those "clowns" in charge are stuck between a rock and a hard place. Damned if you do - damned if you don't scenario.

We're all still waiting for the "exclusive evidence" that is going to be produced, this whistleblower who is going to topple the "clowns". When is this coming or is it just another pathetic rant simply because they're not getting their own way. From what I've read both Rangers and Celtic are happy to continue playing IF it's safe to do so. Celtic will ultimately cruise to the league. It's going to be more interesting who gets 3rd and 4th spot to be honest.

Today we're being warned re up to six more repeat waves of Covid 19. That tells me we're not going to be watching football for a considerable period of time.

Call it.

Celtic champions, Hearts relegated.

All that can be done.

smange

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The fact Partick have said they won’t take legal action and the silence from other clubs such as Falkirk leads me to think there is a “promise” of league reconstruction on the table

Bet your bottom dollar it’s a one season quick fix to save Hearts from relegation and to avoid court cases from other clubs who have been hard done by

The clowns in charge will not do anything long term that the big two don’t want and we all know that

ferenezejohn

Visit site
Firstly you can't null and void. That's a non starter.

Thistle have already said they will not take legal action, again even if they could have they're on paper now saying that they accept the decision and won't challenge it.

Those "clowns" in charge are stuck between a rock and a hard place. Damned if you do - damned if you don't scenario.

We're all still waiting for the "exclusive evidence" that is going to be produced, this whistleblower who is going to topple the "clowns". When is this coming or is it just another pathetic rant simply because they're not getting their own way. From what I've read both Rangers and Celtic are happy to continue playing IF it's safe to do so. Celtic will ultimately cruise to the league. It's going to be more interesting who gets 3rd and 4th spot to be honest.

Today we're being warned re up to six more repeat waves of Covid 19. That tells me we're not going to be watching football for a considerable period of time.

Call it.

Celtic champions, Hearts relegated.

All that can be done.
Your half right Celtic will be champions. Hearts will not be relegated.
For Thistle to be relegated would be a joke.
It will all come out in the washing, if there has been skulduggery going on.
So we shall have to wait and see.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
It's hard to say as the whole process has been rather opaque and Rangers statements have amounted to a lot of bluster without much detail. However, I think they are aggrieved that their suggestion was rejected as being contrary to the SPFL's constitution when that isn't actually the case and that clubs were effectively blackmailed into accepting the SPFL's proposal.

If they do have the sort of damning evidence they claim then I agree with the need for an independent inquiry but I fear they may just have "gone off on one" again.

It does affect them, though, because the SPFL now have the power to end the premiership whenever they like. Whether their championship chances are realistic or not is another matter.
...and of course the StJ supporter that I am cynically observes that Rangers don't want Celtic to be awarded the title this year as that will make them 9iaR - and only one short of 10iaR. Rangers* want as much time as possible to build a team to challenge Celtic over a season to prevent 10iaR - thereby beating Ranger's record 9iaR of 1988/89 to 1996/97.

Or maybe Rangers* have the best for all of Scottish football at heart.

casuk

Head Pro
Visit site
Keep hearing sporting integrity, sporting integrity from either rangers or hearts fans funny enough I didn't here a peep from them when rangers had side letters (which constitutes a 3-0 defeat) for over 12 years if any titles are tainted we can start with rangers 9iar

casuk

Head Pro
Visit site
...and of course the StJ supporter that I am cynically observes that Rangers don't want Celtic to be awarded the title this year as that will make them 9iaR - and only one short of 10iaR. Rangers* want as much time as possible to build a team to challenge Celtic over a season to prevent 10iaR - thereby beating Ranger's record 9iaR of 1988/89 to 1996/97.

Or maybe Rangers* have the best for all of Scottish football at heart.
Celtic have won 9 in a row before the first club to ever do it infact, there is nothing that celtic needs to equalise with rangers bar league titles, every other aspect on and off the pitch rangers have been playing catch up to celtic while celtic break record after record

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Celtic have won 9 in a row before the first club to ever do it infact, there is nothing that celtic needs to equalise with rangers bar league titles, every other aspect on and off the pitch rangers have been playing catch up to celtic while celtic break record after record
...and so if this year's title isn't won by Celtic or awarded to them, then Rangers* have two more years to stop Celtic winning 10iaR as Celtic will still be on 8iaR at start of next season.

ger147

Tour Winner
Visit site
...and so if this year's title isn't won by Celtic or awarded to them, then Rangers* have two more years to stop Celtic winning 10iaR as Celtic will still be on 8iaR at start of next season.

Knock the asterisks on the head. Told you before, you wouldn't be so wide in real life, and don't trot out your brother in law tripe, just knock it on the head.

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I get Rangers don't want to hand Celtic the title but what was it they wanted? As far as I was aware all they were asking for was league position money dished out

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Can anyone enlighten me as to what Rangers beef is with all this? They haven't been affected by anything as it stands.

Basically they see themselves as saviours of Scottish football and it's integrity (I know can't make it up!) They claim that the SFA has acted illegally by threatening to withhold prize money if the teams didn't accept to end now. Rangers claim they could still have given the prize money and continued the league if and when it resumes and readjust the final payouts. They are also claiming Dundee vote was not lost and Dundee have been bullied into changing their mind.

Bizarre accusations when "their man" sat on the board!