Scottish Fitba'

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I think any of the clubs threatened by missing out on promotion or bring relegated would have quite a strong chance of winning any court case, where does that leave us.
Hearts basically holding a loaded gun.
This is all about sponsorship money for next year, for once they seem to have managed a decent TV deal.
The Auchinleck decision seems crazy...…..does anyone know if average points per game was applied to any of the other decisions.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I think any of the clubs threatened by missing out on promotion or bring relegated would have quite a strong chance of winning any court case, where does that leave us.
Hearts basically holding a loaded gun.
This is all about sponsorship money for next year, for once they seem to have managed a decent TV deal.
The Auchinleck decision seems crazy...…..does anyone know if average points per game was applied to any of the other decisions.

yes, they were 12 points behind with 9 games in hand, but it was decided on average points per game.

smange

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The only reason the Prem hasn't been called is the SPFL are waiting for UEFA to give national associations the go ahead to do that. If they jump the gun, there is a risk Scottish clubs will be barred from Europe.

However, I agree that talk of restructuring the leagues is a pathetic attempt to appease Hearts after Budge threatened to sue.

Yeah it’s right about waiting on UEFA but to even consider the premier league having a different rule implemented to the rest of the country is wrong! Why not hold off on all leagues then? Yes I know the clubs in the lower leagues were needing the prize money but it worked out the same for every club (except my team) I believe as in how they finished with or without the average points so nobody (other than Dunfermline) lost out on money and in fact Arbroath gained money! So the SPFL could have paid prize money out on current or average points and said we will hold off the season until UEFA tell us what we can do and then we will implement a season ending plan across all of Scottish football.

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Looks like England are considering a North South divide for leagues 3 and 4 [old money] for next year.
Makes a load of sense. 4 leagues of 12 [probably playing as per the Scots leagues] then play offs for promotion.

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
If you think these legal threats were bad, the ones coming in the Premier League are going to be insane. Any team that does not get its own way in terms of avoiding relegation/not being promoted/missing out on a playoff etc is going to sue until the cows come home.

casuk

Head Pro
Visit site
I'm sure there are rules already in place to end the season early and clubs agreed on it years ago, these threats of court cases are just that, still waiting on this evidence from the rangers aswel as
Alleged racism 29/12/19
Alleged car tampering
Alleged assault on Jabba

smange

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I'm sure there are rules already in place to end the season early and clubs agreed on it years ago, these threats of court cases are just that, still waiting on this evidence from the rangers aswel as
Alleged racism 29/12/19
Alleged car tampering
Alleged assault on Jabba

Give it a rest with your petty and typically boring old firm bickering which has ruined many a thread on Scottish football on here over the years!

If you were really interested in the subjects you mention about Rangers you would know that they’ve already addressed the alleged racism and car tampering subjects.

User20204

Visit site
Give it a rest with your petty and typically boring old firm bickering which has ruined many a thread on Scottish football on here over the years!

If you were really interested in the subjects you mention about Rangers you would know that they’ve already addressed the alleged racism and car tampering subjects.

Have they produced the evidence they said they had from a whisteblower about the voting system from the other week ? (I don't follow things that closely so no idea if they have or not)

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
Alleged racism 29/12/19
Alleged car tampering
Alleged assault on Jabba

Get a grip of yourself, your not a bloody child.

smange

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Have they produced the evidence they said they had from a whisteblower about the voting system from the other week ? (I don't follow things that closely so no idea if they have or not)

Not that’s been put out in the public domain as of yet and I think they have said they will only disclose it to an independent enquiry so we may have to wait a while

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Looks like three leagues of fourteen teams is the only possible way forward for league reconstruction.
I suggested that a few weeks ago.
How they going to do the Top 6 Bottom 6 split then...err ;) Ach - it was always a bit of a mess anyway...Top 7 Bottom 7? Top 6 Bottom 8? I am sure they'll have worked it out iin full detail covering all possible issues and questions the clubs might have...