Scottish Fitba'

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Sat watching Celtic v Aberdeen.

It's not very good. 5 mins to go.

Celtic have had 30 shots. No goals yet.

Aberdeen got what they deserved. 3rd in the league with a great home record, thought they would have a go, but instead were incredibly negative, only had 2 shots in the whole game.

Hopefully they will be a bit more adventurous against Rangers on Tuesday.

chico

Club Champion
Visit site
If GG does want away from Celtic hopefully we will get a "fox in the box" type in to replace him. The was Celtic play with the right striker the goals will flow.

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Aberdeen got what they deserved. 3rd in the league with a great home record, thought they would have a go, but instead were incredibly negative, only had 2 shots in the whole game.

Hopefully they will be a bit more adventurous against Rangers on Tuesday.

If they sat any deeper they'd have been out at the rigs

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Broken leg for Craig Gordon today. Looks like a really bad break on the picture which is doing the rounds. Will be very hard for him to come back at his age. Shame for the big guy.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Terrible news about Craig Gordon especially if it’s a break…he’s been brilliant for both Hearts and Scotland - almost totemic for Scotland.

Puts any disappointment I might feel about StJ 4-1 defeat by the green weegies into perspective…though it was always likely to be thus.

Last edited:

chico

Club Champion
Visit site
Very scrappy. Strange selection from Ange, Forrest has done nothing to merit a start and was predictably terrible. Taylor injury didn’t help and JJ had a nightmare at LB.

A much better point for Celtic than Rangers.
They said a lot of players had been unwell, probably shaped the team today more than anything.

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
Rangers should of won that game today, apart from the first 20mins they were the better side, Celtic never gave up though and Mooy made a big difference when he came on, Forrest needs to find a new club and try to kick on, he was brilliant a few years ago but looks laboured these days.
Hatate looks class and is absolutely lightning quick as well.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
As a Rangers fan, I'm happy with a draw.
Celtic are a better team at the moment and Rangers are lacking a little in fitness.
Beale seems to be improving them so happy with that.
I didn't see the game, just listened on the radio.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Every Jan 2nd Old Firm game my thoughts seem to always go back to the terrible events of that dark and foggy late afternoon in 1971. I can still recall listening on the radio to events unfolding, and going upstairs to tell my mum (she was having a bath and so must have been going out) of what was being reported. A very sad and awful day.

Last edited:

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Just watching highlights of the OF game and so pleased that a moment silence was held prior to kick-off. I’m not a fan of moments applause, for me they just don‘t convey the same level of contemplative reflection that is a moments silence for any event worthy of the moment - and delighted that it was impeccably observed by all.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Just watching highlights of the OF game and so pleased that a moment silence was held prior to kick-off. I’m not a fan of moments applause, for me they just don‘t convey the same level of contemplative reflection that is a moments silence for any event worthy of the moment - and delighted that it was impeccably observed by all.
Are you deaf?