Scottish Fitba'

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
Just watching highlights of the OF game and so pleased that a moment silence was held prior to kick-off. I’m not a fan of moments applause, for me they just don‘t convey the same level of contemplative reflection that is a moments silence for any event worthy of the moment - and delighted that it was impeccably observed by all.

Clearly trolling to the highest degree, glad you think it’s amusing.

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
I just watched the highlights.
The vast majority of people in the ground were respectful to those who passed away in 1971 or recently.
There was clear booing by some morons which is a disgrace.
Hopefully @SwingsitlikeHogan will explain his post...

It’s always a minority Ken, but to say you can’t hear that is clearly someone on the wind up.

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Just watching highlights of the OF game and so pleased that a moment silence was held prior to kick-off. I’m not a fan of moments applause, for me they just don‘t convey the same level of contemplative reflection that is a moments silence for any event worthy of the moment - and delighted that it was impeccably observed by all.
They must have edited out the moronic Celtic fans shouting on the highlights.
On live it was only a few at the end but very noticeable.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I just watched the highlights.
The vast majority of people in the ground were respectful to those who passed away in 1971 or recently.
There was clear booing by some morons which is a disgrace.
Hopefully @SwingsitlikeHogan will explain his post...
Sorry. As i honestly never heard any booing, maybe it wasn’t broadcast in the highlights, I was highly complementary of the crowd for their impeccable observation of a silence. It’s easy for applause to drown out the idiots, but in a silence they would be all clearly heard…and there was nothing…well not in the highlights.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Sorry. As i honestly never heard any booing, maybe it wasn’t broadcast in the highlights, I was highly complementary of the crowd for their impeccable observation of a silence. It’s easy for applause to drown out the idiots, but in a silence they would be all clearly heard…and there was nothing…well not in the highlights.
There was on the the BBC highlights and massive booing after the ref blew to end the silence.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Pictures always look different.
The analysts on Sportscene seemed to agree with the decisions.

Rubbish. McCann and Maloney both said it should have been a penalty against Goldson for handball.

The Starfelt challenge was stupid but the replays clearly showed he made no contact with Sakala who stood on Starfelts foot and fell over.

It's also a clear handball with his hands in an unnatural position.

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

The booing was from the Rangers fans aimed at the small number of Celtic fans shouting.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Anyway…apologies for upsetting Rangers fans for me not spotting the shouting and booing on the highlights. There was me being pleasantly surprised and being complementary, unfortunately missing disgraceful booing by one side of the OF fence, and getting accused of God only knows what by the other. Is it any wonder that non-OF fans think of the OF and their fans as we do. Sorry but it really pi55es me off.

Last edited:

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I’m sorry but that makes my point precisely.

I missed the booing and was attacked for being complimentary to the fans, and in this context that’s Celtic fans. But my apology for not criticising the booing is that I get a scornful response for being pi55ed off that I made a mistake and was attacked for it. You couldn’t make it up.

MACM85

Visit site
bit.ly/3GBMRsk This suggests Goldson penalty decision was right.

The issue here is that earlier in the season we had penalties given again O'Riley and Bernabei when the hand was at a natural angle. Then this penalty isn't given. I don't think the penalty Celtic gave away was a penalty. Starfelt didn't touch Sakala. The player stoon on Starfelt and that led to the contact.

If VAR gives those then why not the Goldson one? Those hands in front of the face pushing a ball away isn't a natural position. If it is a penalty for one incident then it should be the same for all of them.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
The issue here is that earlier in the season we had penalties given again O'Riley and Bernabei when the hand was at a natural angle. Then this penalty isn't given. I don't think the penalty Celtic gave away was a penalty. Starfelt didn't touch Sakala. The player stoon on Starfelt and that led to the contact.

If VAR gives those then why not the Goldson one? Those hands in front of the face pushing a ball away isn't a natural position. If it is a penalty for one incident then it should be the same for all of them.

I don't think what happened earlier in the season is relevant.

On the penalty that Rangers got, it would be good to hear why it was given. Does VAR get more camera angles than the one we saw, perhaps there was contact prior to Sakala's foot landing on the defenders?

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
Sakala one was a penalty, no doubt, Starfelt should never of went to ground.
The Goldson one was a penalty as well with the current stupid rules, although I personally don't like how handball is getting interpreted these days.

MACM85

Visit site
I don't think what happened earlier in the season is relevant.

On the penalty that Rangers got, it would be good to hear why it was given. Does VAR get more camera angles than the one we saw, perhaps there was contact prior to Sakala's foot landing on the defenders?

Course irregularities with VAR is relevant. How can less blatant handballs be given where there was no movement of the hand towards the ball but Goldson raises his hands and pushes the ball as he was a goalkeeper.

You can check all the camera angles and replays on the penalty that was given and see there was no contact until the attacker put his foot down on Starfelts leg and that is what made the contact. The lunging in was daft and even though I do not agree it was given I can see why they ref thought it was a penalty but surely VAR should have watched the replays and correct the decision?

I appreciate you see them with blue tinted glasses on but you can't disagree that VAR in Scotland has not been favourable on decisions and less favourable to other teams based on who is playing.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Course irregularities with VAR is relevant. How can less blatant handballs be given where there was no movement of the hand towards the ball but Goldson raises his hands and pushes the ball as he was a goalkeeper.

You can check all the camera angles and replays on the penalty that was given and see there was no contact until the attacker put his foot down on Starfelts leg and that is what made the contact. The lunging in was daft and even though I do not agree it was given I can see why they ref thought it was a penalty but surely VAR should have watched the replays and correct the decision?

I appreciate you see them with blue tinted glasses on but you can't disagree that VAR in Scotland has not been favourable on decisions and less favourable to other teams based on who is playing.

Sorry, I am not seeing things with blue tinted glasses!

I posted a link to an interpretation of why the Goldson one wasn't given.

VAR is not good for the game in my opinion.

On Sakala, the majority of pundits think it was a penalty, as did the referee.

As to your suggestion of bias, I wouldn't know as I don't generally watch Celtic (or anyone really) unless they are playing Rangers.

MACM85

Visit site
I will just leave this in here about how VAR doesn't seem to play fair to all teams in the SPFL - Penalties awarded in 22/23 season so far.

27a177ae6dbd7b3e419a6019a189d38f.png

Amazing that there is just one team with none conceded. Must just be very good at not giving away fouls or handling the ball in the box