Scottish Fitba'

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I will just leave this in here about how VAR doesn't seem to play fair to all teams in the SPFL - Penalties awarded in 22/23 season so far.

Amazing that there is just one team with none conceded. Must just be very good at not giving away fouls or handling the ball in the box
I am very dim I know but as far as I can see no team has conceded 0 penalties. And if I read it right, for instance, St Mirren have conceded 8 penalties and the opposition have converted 7, hence only 1 has been missed by the opposition.

Pretty good work by the Staggies defence…only 1 pen conceded so far…?. Except they are bottom of the league.?

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
I am very dim I know but as far as I can see no team has conceded 0 penalties. And if I read it right, for instance, St Mirren have conceded 8 penalties and the opposition have converted 7, hence only 1 has been missed by the opposition.

Pretty good work by the Staggies defence…only 1 pen conceded so far…?. Except they are bottom of the league.?

I think the inference is that there's only 11 teams listed, meaning that 1, (not listed), have had 0 given against...

God I love a good Cellik Tinfoil hat conspiracy and was surprised that it took at least a couple of hours for a green tinged photo showing that they, once again were always cheated, never defeated!

I still hope for the days that Anastasia and Drizella are whisked away by their Atlantic League prince charming!

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site

Wrong, Rangers have been awarded 5 penalties but have not conceded any.

Celtic have been awarded 2 and have conceded 5 which you have to say is pretty unusual for a team well clear at the top of the league.

It's not a one-off -

5 seasons (2018-19 to 2022-23) League penalties awarded v conceded net:

Rangers = +28
Hearts = +9
Celtic = +8
Kilmarnock = +7
St Johnstone = +2
Hibs = +1
Aberdeen = -1
Hamilton = -1
Dutd = -3
Livingston = -6
Dundee = -9
Motherwell = -10
St Mirren = -12
Ross County = -12

Given that Celtic have been by far the most successful side during the above period, those stats are pretty staggering.

No doubt the usual deflection merchants will come out with their paranoia mantra, but the facts don't lie, one club is consistently refereed to a different standard than the rest.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I think the inference is that there's only 11 teams listed, meaning that 1, (not listed), have had 0 given against...

God I love a good Cellik Tinfoil hat conspiracy and was surprised that it took at least a couple of hours for a green tinged photo showing that they, once again were always cheated, never defeated!

I still hope for the days that Anastasia and Drizella are whisked away by their Atlantic League prince charming!
Ah..never spotted that one of the sisters was missing from the table.

MACM85

Visit site

Celtic have been awarded 2 and have conceded 5 which you have to say is pretty unusual for a team well clear at the top of the league.

It's not a one-off -

Rangers = +28
Hearts = +9
Celtic = +8
Kilmarnock = +7
St Johnstone = +2
Hibs = +1
Aberdeen = -1
Hamilton = -1
Dutd = -3
Livingston = -6
Dundee = -9
Motherwell = -10
St Mirren = -12
Ross County = -12

Given that Celtic have been by far the most successful side during the above period, those stats are pretty staggering.

No doubt the usual deflection merchants will come out with their paranoia mantra, but the facts don't lie, one club is consistently refereed to a different standard than the rest.

The stats will just show that we have a Celtic conspiracy theory on our hands!

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

It's not a one-off -

Rangers = +28
Hearts = +9
Celtic = +8
Kilmarnock = +7
St Johnstone = +2
Hibs = +1
Aberdeen = -1
Hamilton = -1
Dutd = -3
Livingston = -6
Dundee = -9
Motherwell = -10
St Mirren = -12
Ross County = -12

Wow, those are quite astonishing facts.

No real indication to me that Rangers had an extraordinary efficient defense during that period.
Hearts probably had a better defense than the sisters.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Wow, those are quite astonishing facts.

No real indication to me that Rangers had an extraordinary efficient defense during that period.
Hearts probably had a better defense than the sisters.

Apologies, the figures don't include post split penalties.

Amended top 4 with post split pens included for and against net:
Rangers = +33
Kilmarnock = +10
Hearts = +9
Celtic = +8

Red cards for and against would be another interesting set of stats.

MACM85

Visit site
Apologies, the figures don't include post split penalties.

Amended top 4 with post split pens included for and against net:
Rangers = +33
Kilmarnock = +10
Hearts = +9
Celtic = +8

Red cards for and against would be another interesting set of stats.

Morelos single handily is good for 2 a season. I would expect that to be on a level playing field with the two Glasgow teams.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
BBC Scotland Slayer (@Naefearrfc) tweeted at 2:55 pm on Thu, Jan 05, 2023:
These handballs.....eh!!! https://t.co/M0drqjF9ZY
( )

Pre VAR so irrelevant in the context of this week's game and his arms are not in an unnatural position. Would probably be a pen now right enough unless of course it was a Rangers player?

Nor sure what the point of the post is tbh, haven't we already established you get far more than your fair share of penalties in any case? ?

MACM85

Visit site