Scottish Fitba'

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Hmm, I would probably be OK with that. He would get the team fitter, one of their problems at the moment.

More importantly, would the support accept that? A lot were really unhappy with him walking out mid-season. Rodgers is reviled by a lot of Celtic fans for doing the same.

I guess desperate times call for desperate measures. What you don’t want is the scenario Celtic had with Lennon who was allowed to stay in charge for months despite things going from bad to worse on a weekly basis.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Great win for SAINTEES (y)(y)(y)
And a great win for Hearts 0-0 at 40 mins. have a guy sent off and win 3-2 :whistle:
Though plse can you explain how it was that Gordon wasn't sent off...notwithstanding whether or not his first booking was merited - he was booked and then brought the Well forward down in the box for the penalty. No...me neither. I suspect that Billy's mate may have a thing or two to say about it.

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Yes they can.

What makes you so sure? Recruitment has been dreadful, sold their best players and didn't reinvest. I was told back in August that Dougie Park was calling in his loans and all CL money and transfer fees will be earmarked for him and other director loans.

Looking accurate currently.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
What makes you so sure? Recruitment has been dreadful, sold their best players and didn't reinvest. I was told back in August that Dougie Park was calling in his loans and all CL money and transfer fees will be earmarked for him and other director loans.

Looking accurate currently.
That's the rumour I heard too and why I asked the question.

Reactions: Val

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Another bad result for wee Gio yesterday. I caught the second half and thought they looked lethargic and lacking ideas.

9 points behind now, surely the end is nigh?

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
They've been lethargic for weeks. Seems he'll be removed during the break.

Incredible to think it's only 6 months since they were in a European final. It's been a hellish season, reminds me of Lennon's last few months. It does look like the players have given up trying for the manager.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Incredible to think it's only 6 months since they were in a European final. It's been a hellish season, reminds me of Lennon's last few months. It does look like the players have given up trying for the manager.
Agreed. Selling our best players and the injuries hasn't helped but there clearly other problems.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Meanwhile in non-OF Land ? StJ continue their comeback from last year’s hellish season…a point against Motherwell is no bad thing, even when at home. They are no shabby bunch are the Well. And so StJ climb to =5th albeit in a very tightly bunched middle six.

Last edited:

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Another bad result for wee Gio yesterday. I caught the second half and thought they looked lethargic and lacking ideas.

9 points behind now, surely the end is nigh?
And you would be right. Not the worst time to be moving a manager on. Time to get someone new in, they will have a couple of weeks training with them etc before the next game.

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Never a good look to be managing a team that struggles, or too often these last weeks and months fails, to beat diddy teams.
Not so sure if there are too many diddy teams in the SPL these days.
Teams with a small fanbase yes, but some of them like Livingstone are far from walkovers.
The Uglies seem to have had quite a few last minute winners/equalisers v the Diddys this season.

PS in the pub last night a fitba fan challenged us to name 3 Qatar players.
Easy ....George Harrison, Eric Clapton and the Bert Weedon :sneaky: