Scottish Fitba'

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Hats off to this Rangers team. The amount of games they have had recently and the amount of effort they have put in has been unbelievable. I gave them no chance last night, Leipzig are a very good team. What a result that was.

With such a thin squad, to make it to a Euro final and run Celtic all the way in the league is some achievement. Fitness levels of some of the players are off the charts.

I think they should actually be favourites for the final now, they have beaten much better teams than Frankfurt to get there.

It hurts me to admit it, but Rangers are a very decent team. Gerrard walking out obviously threw them out their stride for a few weeks. League table would have looked very different otherwise.

Springveldt

Visit site
It hurts me to admit it, but Rangers are a very decent team. Gerrard walking out obviously threw them out their stride for a few weeks. League table would have looked very different otherwise.
Definitely. I gave them no credit at all for last year as Celtic handed it to them as Lennon shouldn't have been there but this year, I can see it. What they have done over the last month is hugely impressive. Both games against us they were the better team, the fitter team and the team that looked like they wanted it more. They pressed us non stop in both games, 210 minutes and didn't look tired. Their midfield looked much more mobile than ours and Lundstram was excellent in both games. Throw in their efforts against Braga and Leipzig, it's like the team are full of EPO, they just don't stop running or pressing.

In a way it makes Ange's job even more impressive. Coming in to what he did, turning it around and beating that team to the league title. Both teams should make the Champions League groups next year and you would hope that might improve the co-efficient to make sure Scotland can retain not only the Champions League places but the champions going straight into the group stages.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
..................and Dundee are relegated, Karma for the missing/late email.:cool::love::ROFLMAO::p(y):D;)
Meanwhile a few miles up the Tay the Perth Saints decide it’s worth playing a little bit of football like they haven’t been for weeks, to do a job on Aberdeen and dump Dundee down. Mind you great goal by Charlie Adam.

Thinking it might be Arbroath who Saints have in the play-off. Tough, but at least/last we showed some drive and spirit Wed night.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Would love to see the Lichties in the SPL, but sorry - not at the expense of Saints.

Bizarrely way back in the day I acquired ‘Arbroath‘ as a Subbuteo team so have a many decades long wee affection for them.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Rogic and Bitton leaving Celtic after tomorrow's game.

Sad to see Big Tom go, one of the finest and most skilful players I've seen in the hoops. Bitton has also been a great servant. Good luck to both of them.

Reactions: Val

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Would love to see the Lichties in the SPL, but sorry - not at the expense of Saints.

Bizarrely way back in the day I acquired ‘Arbroath‘ as a Subbuteo team so have a many decades long wee affection for them.
And so…after penalties it’s ICT for Saints - really though, Arbroath should have been able to beat a 9 man ICT…

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Ok then - I think I'll off and see if I can find a pub showing the Rangers game. And of course I will be cheering them on - well I wouldn't want my Bears supporting brother, nephew and niece to be disappointed would I. Besides - would be really good for Scottish football if they won.

So come on the Blue Weegies - Get Right Intae Them.