Scottish Fitba'

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
Obviously, as a Rangers fan, I am hoping for a Rangers win, especially after the heartache of Wednesday.
Having said that, I really hope it is a good game and that the best team wins.
(y)(y)Fingers crossed, but even if we don't win, We've come a long way over the last few years.
Onwards and upwards FF55 :D

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Come on Inverness.
Well - given the dire stuff Perth Saints have served up this season, an away draw against anyone. and scoring two goals into the bargain - is a result. Fingers crossed for a repeat of today's first half performance on Monday.

Saints have fallen away largely because we sold our two king pins, our captain and defense organiser, and our best (by a mile) box-to-box midfielder, and clubs like St Johnstone can't easily replace that spine of organisation and skill. And St Johnstone failed despite lots of signings. Just how it is in a league that is very tight when you look beneath the top 2 or 3 clubs. Unearth a couple of goodies, and you do well. Lose a couple, and you are scrapping.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Win two cups for their best ever season then sell their best players. That's poor and shows a lack of ambition.
Well - that's how it is for small clubs who aim to live within their means...and St Johnstone live within their means and balance the books or they go bust. To do that the club needs to sell assets when they are attracting significant interest. It's not so much a case of lack of ambition. Living within their means and balancing their books is something that other clubs do not make much, if any, attempt to do and we know where that can lead.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Well - that's how it is for small clubs who aim to live within their means...and St Johnstone live within their means and balance the books or they go bust. To do that the club needs to sell assets when they are attracting significant interest. It's not so much a case of lack of ambition. Living within their means and balancing their books is something that other clubs do not make much, if any, attempt to do and we know where that can lead.

Perhaps they'll go bust if relegated? Or, maybe they'll get more support in a lower league if winning?

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Perhaps they'll go bust if relegated? Or, maybe they'll get more support in a lower league if winning?
Wouldnt go bust as Saints have 'money in the bank' plus they will cut their cloth accordingly and will not spend beyond their means chasing promotion. Doubt attendances will go up. I have decent, though not high, hopes Saints will stay up in any case.

Springveldt

Visit site
Well deserved win I thought today for Rangers.
Two great goals for Rangers.
Craig Gordon was immense as usual..???
Well deserved win, should have been 3 or 4 before extra time. The 1 Rangers fan amongst the 12 of us enjoyed it. :)

So, how much does Bassey go for in the summer? £20M or more? Unbelievable fitness levels for a guy his size.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
Sorry, I need an explanation...
Back in 2012 Craig Levine played a 4-6-0 Scottish international team formation and was defeated 0-1, ATM I can't recall the opposition :confused:
Unlike Giovani he did have all his best strikers available for selection and was sacked not long after if I remember correctly.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Back in 2012 Craig Levine played a 4-6-0 Scottish international team formation and was defeated 0-1, ATM I can't recall the opposition :confused:
Unlike Giovani he did have all his best strikers available for selection and was sacked not long after if I remember correctly.
Yes, I remember that - dark days.

chico

Club Champion
Visit site
Think it was away to the Czech Republic who were a very decent team.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
4-0 for Perth Saints vs Cally Thistle last night sees them stay in SPL, but despite the scoreline it was not a great watch, in fact the first half was abysmal as was much of the second half. That said, 7500 in McDiarmid Park for it and goals 3 and 4 near identikit very neat little dinks over the keeper. COYS, let's not again see anything like that shambles of a season.