Scottish Fitba'

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
Funny, I seem to recall us playing a knockout tie less than 2 months ago, and also playing Valencia, Inter Milan and Copenhagen in knockout ties in the last couple of years. But don’t let the truth get in the way of a good story.

I’m pretty sure he meant since you’ve won a knockout tie…..
Which for a club like Celtic shouldn’t be acceptable?

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I’m pretty sure he meant since you’ve won a knockout tie…..
Which for a club like Celtic shouldn’t be acceptable?

No idea what he meant, but don't forget that to get to a knockout round, you need to come through the group stages which is a big ask given where Scottish clubs are when it comes to budgets and seedings.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Despite what I often feel about Rangers and the behaviour of some of their support, I genuinely wish the team well in the Europa semi. Their success is important for Scottish football and I can look past my ‘misgivings’ to the bigger picture.

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Despite what I often feel about Rangers and the behaviour of some of their support, I genuinely wish the team well in the Europa semi. Their success is important for Scottish football and I can look past my ‘misgivings’ to the bigger picture.

I think Gerrard did an excellent job of restoring what was left of Rangers reputation.
He kept the sectarian nonsense to an absolute minimum and was a good ambassador for the club.

AliMc

Visit site
Penalty to Rangers !
I'm sorry (and I don't support either CFC or RFC) but if that's a penalty fitba it finished, joke of a decision, no Rangers players appealed for it

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
Penalty to Rangers !
I'm sorry (and I don't support either CFC or RFC) but if that's a penalty fitba it finished, joke of a decision, no Rangers players appealed for it

If you don’t get the ball it’s a penalty….
He was also lucky to stay on his feet before hand.
Motherwell in fairness were poor all over the park.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
Anyone explain why the Rangers tackle was red but the Motherwell one was only yellow?
Both seemed very poor and dangerous to me.
Bring on VAR, hopefully, more correct decisions, BTW I bet the penalty today but sadly I bet too early when the score was 1-1 :cry: but a good result in the end.

chico

Club Champion
Visit site
Just watched the highlights of today's game. Could have went either way but probably the correct result on balance.

Suits Celtic more and likely a very unexpected league victory. A turnaround I certainly did not expect 9 or 10 months ago.

Reactions: Val

Springveldt

Visit site
What a week for Glasgows greatest football club, A win in Europe and spanked the Manky mob on Sunday. Someone mentioned it was way back in 2004 the last time Celtic got to a knockout stage in Europe, mind you Eiropean football isn't for every club.
Greatest or newest club? :p

Looks like winning more than 1 league title per decade isn't for every club either.

Springveldt

Visit site
Hats off to this Rangers team. The amount of games they have had recently and the amount of effort they have put in has been unbelievable. I gave them no chance last night, Leipzig are a very good team. What a result that was.

With such a thin squad, to make it to a Euro final and run Celtic all the way in the league is some achievement. Fitness levels of some of the players are off the charts.

I think they should actually be favourites for the final now, they have beaten much better teams than Frankfurt to get there.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
had to pick the missus up at the railway station last night. by the time we got back, it was 2-0 and I couldn't bear to put the tv on and watch it. Score alert came up on my phone at 2-1, tv on, back off 10 minutes later :D

The final is a massive game, winners go into CL group next season. Financial implications are enormous for Rangers.

Reactions: Val