Scottish Fitba'

chico

Club Champion
Visit site
Easily Maeda's best game. Hopefully he can give Hatate his training regime, might be the fittest player I've ever seen in the hoops. Man can run all day while Hatate is blowing out his arse after 50 minutes.

It was a great save from McGregor but in reality Abada's got to put that away. He has the whole left side of the goal gaping at him, just slot it over there and my fingernails would have survived. :)
Got to remember the Japanese players gave already played a full season. Hatate seemed fitter when he arrived maybe just a long season catching up on him. He travelled back to Japan for the international games as well.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
My resident Rangers-supporting Facebook friend posted just after half-time claiming the person throwing a broken bottle into the penalty area must have been a Celtic fan in the Rangers end. And he was serious about it too.
We are now posting on his page taking bets on when he comes back on line. The over/under is Wednesday.
Indeed, that's what is depressing about certain high profile elements of Scottish football! Cultural grudges from past centuries just keep reappearing! And I've seen it in my own family!
Well deserved from the 'highlights' I saw and should seal another Championship win.
Hart's rejuvenation seems to have been an essential part of the process too!

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Does anyone know why Rangers are pushing the Old Firm brand so much? Its a new one on me.

Rangers are using it to pander to the fans and to perpetuate the "unbroken history" line. Same reason they keep mentioning 55 and 150 years every 5 minutes. Celtic are making a point by now calling it 'The Glasgow Derby". The Australians were also using "The Glasgow Derby", Rangers have cited this as their reason for pulling out which is either petty or convenient depending on how you look at it.

Last edited:

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
There is also a theory that Rangers went overboard with the OF branding at the weekend so they could use it as "evidence" should the Aussies sue them for pulling out on such a spurious pretext!

casuk

Head Pro
Visit site
There is also a theory that Rangers went overboard with the OF branding at the weekend so they could use it as "evidence" should the Aussies sue them for pulling out on such a spurious pretext!
100% there also trying to claim compo from Columbia for there star striker, even though he's been hobbling off and strapping/icing his leg the past 4 games

azazel

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Aye, there's no Old Firm except when Celtic and Rangers jointly own the trademark. Football supporters will believe anything a club says even when its actions are diametrically opposite.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Aye, there's no Old Firm except when Celtic and Rangers jointly own the trademark. Football supporters will believe anything a club says even when its actions are diametrically opposite.

The CEO of Celtic said the following when asked about why they had renewed the trademark - "The cost of renewal was low and the purpose of renewal was not to hitch ourselves to a brand, but to enable us to control the benefits of its use, not for the purposes of using it."

Owning a trademark isn't the same as saying that an entity still exists. I'm sure there are plenty defunct trademarks owned by companies who don't want to see them misused.

Reactions: Val

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Hey my Rangers' friend on Facebook has rediscovered his password in the last few hours and is posting everywhere about his team.
I'm waiting for the rush to die down before I weigh in.