Scottish Fitba'

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Don‘t really care…I guess I expect Sellick to win by two, but tbh I don‘t follow the fortunes and misfortunes of the ugly sisters so no feel for how each is playing at the moment.

Will watch on Sky (though whether I bother with the whole 90mins I don’t know) despite finding the commentary style of the commentator just…simply…irritating…its…just…his…way…you’ve…got…to…accept…it.

Most SPL live games I’ll ignore because his style irritates me so much, but as he also does the Sky live Scotland games I’m stuck with my irritation. Thank the Lord that on Scotland days we get the genuine passion of Ally McCoist to compensate. And I don’t Boyd and Faddy doing the punditry.

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Not so sure…if Killie win the league it’s likely to be one the two thistles or arbroath…with the Accies also possibly in contention. Anyway. We win two matches and St Mirren or Aberdeen lose two and we’ve caught 3rd bottom.
Still can't get my head around the possible chance of Dick Campbell leading Arbroath to the Scottish Premier League.

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
My resident Rangers-supporting Facebook friend posted just after half-time claiming the person throwing a broken bottle into the penalty area must have been a Celtic fan in the Rangers end. And he was serious about it too.
We are now posting on his page taking bets on when he comes back on line. The over/under is Wednesday.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
My resident Rangers-supporting Facebook friend posted just after half-time claiming the person throwing a broken bottle into the penalty area must have been a Celtic fan in the Rangers end. And he was serious about it too.
We are now posting on his page taking bets on when he comes back on line. The over/under is Wednesday.

Celtic fan in Rangers end throwing a bottle at the Celtic keeper? Very plausible!

Celtic back room member of staff needed stitches after being hit by a bottle when Celtic scored their second goal. Grim stuff.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
good first half but delay to start of 2nd half reminds me, if I needed reminding, why I view these two clubs with disdain as Scottish footballl is yet again in the news stained by a disgraceful act by a supporter - aided and abetted in his actions by others not immediately identifying him or her to the police (at least that we are aware of).

I want these clubs to do well for Scottish football but their supporters do make it difficult at times...and I thought the 'no surrender' and 'billy boys' stuff was being stamped on by the club...going by the racket it appears that 10s of thousands haven't heard that request. I do not doubt that those in the green corner were responding in kind...:(

Last edited:

Springveldt

Visit site
Celtic fan in Rangers end throwing a bottle at the Celtic keeper? Very plausible!

Celtic back room member of staff needed stitches after being hit by a bottle when Celtic scored their second goal. Grim stuff.
You could see a plastic cup and a coin being thrown at Jota just after half time when he was taking a corner as well.

Didn't think Celtic were capable of that kind of defensive performance to be honest, thought it was only a matter of time before we conceded from a header somewhere. CCV and Starfelt were outstanding, not often I've said that.

Really tight game overall. I've got no fingernails left after that second half.

Reactions: Val

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site

ger147

Tour Winner
Visit site
And...? Yes of course. Just the same. So just to be clear. Such actions by the supporters of any club are unacceptable...

Nice of you to confirm you view your own club's fans with the same contempt, and presumably you will refrain from your pathetic trolling in future.

Enjoy your jog...

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
You could see a plastic cup and a coin being thrown at Jota just after half time when he was taking a corner as well.

Didn't think Celtic were capable of that kind of defensive performance to be honest, thought it was only a matter of time before we conceded from a header somewhere. CCV and Starfelt were outstanding, not often I've said that.

Really tight game overall. I've got no fingernails left after that second half.

I was the same, but if you had watched it as a neutral, Rangers only created a couple of chances after the early goal. Celtic defended very well after a nervy start and were pretty comfortable. Just a pity Abada didn't put one of his chances away, that would have settled my nerves towards the end. Thought Maeda had his best game so far and Bitton did a great job when he came on.

Springveldt

Visit site
I was the same, but if you had watched it as a neutral, Rangers only created a couple of chances after the early goal. Celtic defended very well after a nervy start and were pretty comfortable. Just a pity Abada didn't put one of his chances away, that would have settled my nerves towards the end. Thought Maeda had his best game so far and Bitton did a great job when he came on.
Easily Maeda's best game. Hopefully he can give Hatate his training regime, might be the fittest player I've ever seen in the hoops. Man can run all day while Hatate is blowing out his arse after 50 minutes.

It was a great save from McGregor but in reality Abada's got to put that away. He has the whole left side of the goal gaping at him, just slot it over there and my fingernails would have survived. :)