Scottish Fitba'

D

Deleted member 15344

Here we go again.o_O
Gap between 1st and 2nd in EPL is six points
Gap between 2nd and 3rd in SPFL is six points.

Stats then make SPFL more competitive than the EPL.
Don't think there has been a 9-0 result in the SPFL for quite a while.:unsure:

I’m not sure what stats you use but this helps

Last 8 years - one winner in Scotland

In England 4 different winners

Smallest gap in Scotland is 9 points with Celtic regualry being 20 points ahead of second place in England it’s 1 point

Celtic over the same period have regualry handed out 5 , 6 nil thumpings , recently 8-1 was one score

Celtic have dominated the Scottish Prem for a decade and alongside Serie A it’s the league where you know will win it before the season starts

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I’m not sure what stats you use but this helps

Last 8 years - one winner in Scotland

In England 4 different winners

Smallest gap in Scotland is 9 points with Celtic regualry being 20 points ahead of second place in England it’s 1 point

Celtic over the same period have regualry handed out 5 , 6 nil thumpings , recently 8-1 was one score

Celtic have dominated the Scottish Prem for a decade and alongside Serie A it’s the league where you know will win it before the season starts

I am in the present whilst you seem to be stuck in the past.

D

Deleted member 18588

As an Englishman who, for over 50 years, has always liked to keep a "watching brief" on Scottish football can I ask the protagonists in this latest episode of this recurring and boring argument "Who cares?"

This is a thread about Scottish football and the relative competitiveness of the two Premier Leagues is irrelevant.

The massive difference in finances cannot be ignored and will always make such comparisons meaningless.

D

Deleted member 15344

I am in the present whilst you seem to be stuck in the past.

🤦‍♂

It’s always the same with yourself - it’s no surprise that the person who brought in the English Premier League and trying to compare is yourself and only you would attempt you use the current tables as some comparison , when at the end of the day it’s irrelevant

There are only two teams that have a chance of winning in Scotland - the Premier League is a good number more and it also has a number of others teams battling around

Celtic have dominated the league for a long time and it’s to the detriment of the rest of the league - they get all the money , they get the players etc - it’s Celtics league to lose each season.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Going by Wright's comments he's desperate to go!!!
Oh - hadn’t heard that...pity - he’s done a fantastic job with our wee club. Will always be grateful to him that he and the team created life memories for me on May 17th 2014 when I took my lad and my now departed mum - Saintees all -to the Scottish Cup Final - and did the team not go and win the damn thing for us. First time in the final and we win it...😀

So if he’s off then many thanks Tommy - it’s been a great ride.

D

Deleted member 15344

In what way.
Surely any refund will be awarded to the previous owners of the 'old' club. It would be decent of them to trickle down the moneys to former creditors, if that is still possible.
People like are always very vocal when it comes to Rangers and what happened , you appear to take delight in the issues they suffered - where as it seems that it could have all be avoided and someone has messed up significantly somewhere and potentially some sort of reimbursement may happen.

I suspect if the news was the opposite you would have taken seconds to post it on here

ger147

Tour Winner
Visit site
People like are always very vocal when it comes to Rangers and what happened , you appear to take delight in the issues they suffered - where as it seems that it could have all be avoided and someone has messed up significantly somewhere and potentially some sort of reimbursement may happen.

I suspect if the news was the opposite you would have taken seconds to post it on here

Rangers FC as it is now will not be impacted in any way one way or the other based on today's news.

So to answer your original question, no it's not a game changer.

And there will be no reimbursement due to anyone since the bill was never paid...

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
I can't see anything "concrete" that suggests that there is any substance to these claims yet, possibly a smoke screen from the club.

Fact still remains that the old club cheated, they didn't pay tax, they hid contracts and they lied. There is no £50 million windfall coming their way like some clowns on Facebook believe as they didn't pay any tax.

Begging bowl.out further to get them through the season? Play the poor us card?

Who knows.

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

The question was, in what way is it a game changer?
A reply would be good.

D

Deleted member 15344

The question was, in what way is it a game changer?
A reply would be good.

Change people’s attitude to what happened with Rangers - but I guess even if it’s found to be correct some will still harbour nasty feelings

It seems that a club potentially was ripped apart through the fault of someone else - don’t you think that’s big news

casuk

Head Pro
Visit site
Mate you need to read more into this than just one article that was picked up by a questionable outlets, the story is almost 5 months old and by no means affects the newco, my main question is why now, why wasn't it reported when bdo made the claim, 5 months ago for me there is some very bad news coming out and this is a timely distraction