Scottish Fitba'

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
The one I think is very underrated is Holt at Livingstone. He's working well with a limited budget and getting the most out of his players.

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
The one I think is very underrated is Holt at Livingstone. He's working well with a limited budget and getting the most out of his players.

I think his assistant runs the team though, that's why Kenny Miller shipped out fast.

Great win for Celtic, that 15 minute spell at the start of the second half was absolutely superb.

ger147

Tour Winner
Visit site
Fantastic result against Lazio this evening...

As for Keano...best midfileder in his position of his generation.

People love to hate :)

Brilliant result for Celtic, qualifying for the last 32 with 2 games to spare and I think the first time they've ever beaten an Italian side away from home in Italy.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Aye away wins in Europe are rare for Celtic. Last minute injury time winners are the best :)

A wee result for the gers this evening keeps everybody happy :)

As much as it might just about please me - well done to both Celtic and Rangers. Scottish football needs a boost. We don't need our two most recognised and famous clubs been totally rubbshi we need then a bit better than that and the results are encouraging.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
While the Celtic result in particular was very good, what happens going forward in the knockout especially when the CL teams drop in. I really can't see either side really making much forward progress in the competition and it they will still continue to improve on a European stage when the quality of opposition is so poor each week

ger147

Tour Winner
Visit site
While the Celtic result in particular was very good, what happens going forward in the knockout especially when the CL teams drop in. I really can't see either side really making much forward progress in the competition and it they will still continue to improve on a European stage when the quality of opposition is so poor each week

If either win their group I think they get seeded for the Last 32 and thus avoid the CL drop outs, so deffo scope to make further progress.

D

Deleted member 15344

That Win for Celtic Was one of the most impressive this week

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site

What do you suggest. Just jack it in now?

I assume same rule for fa cup, if not realistic semi finalists then just spend Saturdays at margate beach and give a walkover?

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Great night for both of them. Good for the coefficient of Scottish teams in Europe

Just a shame Aberdeen and Kilmarnock couldn't get any further than they did.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
What do you suggest. Just jack it in now?

I assume same rule for fa cup, if not realistic semi finalists then just spend Saturdays at margate beach and give a walkover?

Very poor post at best. I am simply saying lets not get carried away with one VERY GOOD result and not forget Celtic are only in the Europa League because they weren't good enough to win their CL qualifier against Cluj (hardly a big name in Europe). Simply highlights to me that aside from Rangers what realistic opposition is there week in week out

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Very poor post at best. I am simply saying lets not get carried away with one VERY GOOD result and not forget Celtic are only in the Europa League because they weren't good enough to win their CL qualifier against Cluj (hardly a big name in Europe). Simply highlights to me that aside from Rangers what realistic opposition is there week in week out

There isn't, what's your point?

It's like Liverpool/Man City what serious challenge is there.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
I would say in most seasons both of those sides are challenged more often to produce results than the top two in Scotland

The gulf in finances up here is huge from the old firm to the rest of the club's. Celtic spent £10 million, Rangers (allegedly) paid £7 million for a player.

Aberdeen spent £125k!!!

It's insurmountable for any team outside of Glasgow to put up a realistic and sustained challenge.

ger147

Tour Winner
Visit site

Glad you acknowledge your previous post was poor.

Stick to posting about stuff you know sonething about, might mean quite a few less posts of course...

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site

Who's "carried away"? Are you really seeing the press and media in England losing their pee over the old firm results?
(somehow I'm a tad dubious you regularly spend time reading the daily record or Scottish fan forums)

Read Your post #188 again and it's "simply saying" nothing... other than the Scottish game doesn't have depth at the highest level.... Well thanks for the breaking news, a quote worthy of the real Homer Simpson.

You don't think those of us that don't support the 'cheeks' already know that little nugget of info and have done for all our lives. We really don't rely on blokes dan sarf for analysis on the status of the game in Scotland.... thanks for the news but we already know

Sometimes you might just forget the post count now and again and just move along

Next week Homer tells us Tiger has had back problems! 😅

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

Here we go again.o_O
Gap between 1st and 2nd in EPL is six points
Gap between 2nd and 3rd in SPFL is six points.

Stats then make SPFL more competitive than the EPL.
Don't think there has been a 9-0 result in the SPFL for quite a while.:unsure: