Ryder Cup 2023 - Italy

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

4LEX

Visit site
Depends where though Alex 👍🏻
Poor comment from me anyway.

Not at all, just friendly banter.

I share your opinion, the record books show it's ours but anything can happen on a golf course. If we head out there tomorrow thinking it's a given we could run into trouble.

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Banned
Visit site
That’s brutal. I can understand now why he was so mad. Bang out of order
Caddies are bag mules, no more no less. Old fashioned versions of the steel frame and wheels that the rest of us use. Invisible deferential lackeys of old. They should hump bag, and neither be seen nor heard. Once they are noticed, they are doing a bad job, and any criticism is valid.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
What will Scotty's state of mind be like tomorrow?
After getting a hefty rogering today will he be trying too hard to make his mark? Or is his mind a complete mess?
Or will he shrug it off..?
He could get pumped again if Rahm gets in front early.
That could set the tone for the day....

Grizzly

Visit site
Hopefully Justin sets him straight tomorrow. No need for it.

I'd be tempted first time he's putting under pressure to get my caddy to walk really aggressively down the line of his putt (maybe with accompanying thunderclap) and when he complains say "oh, sorry, I thought that was a thing now!"

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Banned
Visit site
Talk earlier that EU might win without the singles.
Didnt happen obvs.
But what is the possibility that EU might win tomorrow before the last group tees off ? Tight. But do-able !

TigerTime

Visit site
Think the crowd will be fairly fired up tomorrow now. Can’t see many of the yanks getting any sort of respectful reception.

Which they might feed off to be fair.

At the same time, a fired up Rory is not a player you want to mess with. Burns might get seriously burned tomorrow.

Looking forward to it. Europe should have this in the bag comfortably.

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Looking at the matchups, I make it 9-3 USA 😱

Of course I am the world's biggest pessimist
Ha, know what you mean. Back to singles you can think about world rankings and what they've done on tour and in majors. Plus a few US players did play better today.
Should have enough in the tank though 👍

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Banned
Visit site
While we do know now what we didnt know before, before, most were calling overall an even contest or clear but small advantage USA. Within that, a recognised weakness down the batting from Europe below the first 7 or 8, but that superior parnerships combinations, and the fact that you only need to field 8 at a time for 16 of the 28 points. So building in an advantage to Europe of a point or two after the two days. So question of having enough lead to handle a loss of 7-5 in the singles yet still be in with a chance. Europe has generally gone to form. Bob and Hojgaard are weaknesses. But balanced by the shocker that is Spieth. And that our top 5 are probably edging their top 5.

So I would go 7-5 or 7.5-4.5 to USA.

And would be happier with that than a landslide, as almost a more legitimate and less freak result. If Eu were to push out the lead and crush them, 18-10 or so it would look more like a self-imploded USA, or have the 'congestion' cloud hanging over it always. A clearcut but not steamrolling 16-12 would have the best optics I think. Nobody really believes Eu are truly an 8 point gap team superior to the USA, and having it their would raise more question marks, taking the credit from the Europeans.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Looking down the singles - the US team still looks dangerous, but I still feel a 2 point advantage would have been enough for Europe going into the last day, so we should still take an easy victory with the points already on the board.

I hope the home fans push the boundary of acceptable hostility, and help send the Americans home battered, bruised, and ashamed of the job they've failed to even get close to achieving in Rome.

Bababoohoo baby.

The Lion

Visit site
Well well well. Cat among the pigeons!

USA definitely battled back this afternoon, stealing a point thanks to Patrick “The Hat” Cantlay’s now (in?)famous one-man birdie-birdie-birdie finish. Not even an iconic drive onto the 16th green and worldie chip at the next by Rory could stop him.

Homa, Harman, Burns & Morikawa also brought a bit more than the Z Game the US has shown so far. Justin Rose shepherded Bob Mac to a career-making 3&2 win to limit the damage for Europe.

So the gap narrowed, yet it’s still the same as last night. Tho after the US grabbed the momentum, a late bust up involving their caddie interfering in Rory’s crucial putt on the last green may yet fire up the Euros for a big victory tomorrow…