Ryder Cup 2023 - Italy

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Oh do shut up you insufferable cretin.

Zach himself said this morning that illness was not an excuse, it was just the Europeans playing better.

Does take the shine off a little tho? I'm not doubting it's true just when the news gets out there it makes it less glossy

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
Guess what, I was hoping there'd be a good "should some of the LIV players have been selected" story line, and it's happening isn't it.

Luke has got a cigar on while his players take advantage of an unprecedented and totally unexpected situation. Hopefully he's enjoying every single moment of it.

I’m not sure I’d be asking that question, when the 1 LIV player who has been selected is getting his ass handed to him

Swango1980

Visit site
Does take the shine off a little tho? I'm not doubting it's true just when the news gets out there it makes it less glossy
Not that I wanna talk about LIV, but as it is relevant to US team selections, let the following sink in:

Just paired one of LIV'S best golfers with the World Number 1, and they suffered a Ryder Cup record defeat. Horrific in every way, shape and form. Perhaps Scheffler and Bradley would have been a better pairing.

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
And remains as classless as ever.....or does he use hat pins to stop his cap coming off......

I’m not really that bothered by the whole take your cap off to shake hands thing, but he does lack the class to lose with grace from what I have seen.

I don’t think he’ll be nominated for the Nicklaus/Jacklin award

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Not that I wanna talk about LIV, but as it is relevant to US team selections, let the following sink in:

Just paired one of LIV'S best golfers with the World Number 1, and they suffered a Ryder Cup record defeat. Horrific in every way, shape and form. Perhaps Scheffler and Bradley would have been a better pairing.

They were truly awful

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site

There will be plenty of the " should have picked him, should have paired him with him" etc etc
The fact is that it's a waste of time even thinking about it.
Would BDC have played better than Burns..? Etc etc
Maybe , maybe not..there is no way to tell.
BdC could have played just as poorly as the rest. As could DJ or Read....
It comes down to this
The European team is playing better than the US team....Full stop.

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
I’m not sure I’d be asking that question, when the 1 LIV player who has been selected is getting his ass handed to him
And the Europeans seem to be doing pretty well without any LIV golfers.
Very well.
Outstandingly well.
In one case, 9&7 well!
End. Of. LIV. Relevance. To. This. Thread. Now. Achieved.

AddisonRoad

Visit site
This is what happens when you are picking players based on an innacurate ranking system, and influenced by the politics in the game guys.

I've questioned Johnsons captaincy enough, this goes beyond him, and it's quite right to look at those who are ruling the game as to how the sum parts of the American team can be in this position.

9&7 - should have left Brooks at home

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Banned
Visit site
Lowry/Straka. How embarrassing are they. Really letting the side down. Benched for the afternoon for sure. You just cant lose again against these Americans, but somehow this pair have found a way.

Last edited: