Rugby Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I had to chuckle at the var ref when he told the on field ref after a 5 minute push and shove, including one guy going over a hoarding, that he had reviewed the footage and saw nothing 😳. Even the on field ref did a double take at that 😆

HeftyHacker

Visit site
I had to chuckle at the var ref when he told the on field ref after a 5 minute push and shove, including one guy going over a hoarding, that he had reviewed the footage and saw nothing 😳. Even the on field ref did a double take at that 😆

Hahaha I had the same reaction. I got binned for doing exactly the same thing a few years back (putting someone over the hoardings) 😂.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
My only worry for Ireland is that they have had the first team on the pitch since match one. Risk of them getting leggy by the later stages. Plus beating NZ is never an easy task

Captainron

Big Hitting, South African Sweary Person
Visit site
Scotland have been bloody shocking tonight.

Ireland are a quality outfit. Playing brilliant rugby which is a thing of beauty.

They can play both slow and dirty as well as fast and expansive with a seamless switch between the two.

HeftyHacker

Visit site
My only worry for Ireland is that they have had the first team on the pitch since match one. Risk of them getting leggy by the later stages. Plus beating NZ is never an easy task

The break after the SA game will have been very welcome I imagine.

Teams who beat NZ in the knockouts don't tend to do so well in the next round - it generally requires a WC final performance from them to best the all blacks and its hard to replicate that the following week. See England in 2019, France in 07 as examples.

That said this ireland team looks something special and they've brought off all their big guns already.

bladeplayer

Money List Winner
Visit site
Good few got rested early tonight . We have more strenght in depth than we ever had. But Irl , NZ ,SA, France will all fancy winning this and on their day theres only a bounce of a ball , yellow/red card between them

Grizzly

Visit site

There are two ways of looking at this; beating New Zealand will in some way be their final - Ireland have never got past the QF stage, and the All Blacks, rightly or wrongly, are still perceived as being the pinnacle. It would be entirely reasonable to see a tail off in performance/adrenaline levels for the next game.

On the other hand, the quirks of the draw mean the next game is likely to be either Wales or Argentina...neither of whom are the 2019 Boks!

HeftyHacker

Visit site
This Fiji v Portugal game isn't the most clinical but my god its breathless. Both sides looking to play from absolutely everywhere. Cracking to watch.