Rugby Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
Had to laugh. Sat in Newport Golf Club at lunchtime today. One of the blokes said to me, "I assume you'll be supporting Wales?"

I replied, "No chance, I hope you get done by 50 points."

To say he took offence is the understatement of the year. Then he asked why.... well, I said, "Are you supporting England tomorrow?

You can imagine the reply!

Anyway, I'm sat here laughing my blooming head off!!😊

Last edited:

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Truthfully Wales are pretty much my least favourite rugby team. For a long time they've play acted and got away with so many fouls. The play acting was prevalent today. Made me chuckle when the HIA was enforced - initial recoil from the contact followed by a premier league whiplash reaction. Well ok then fella you clearly took one hell of a blow there so off you go....

Plus Biggar and Williams constant appealing and gesturing to the ref. I know all teams do it but they take it way further and it is constant.

I'm pleased they're on the way home.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Had to laugh. Sat in Newport Golf Club at lunchtime today. One of the blokes said to me, "I assume you'll be supporting Wales?"

I replied, "No chance, I hope you get done by 50s points."

To say he took offence is the understatement of the year. Then he asked why.... we'll, I said, "Are you supporting England tomorrow?

You can imagine the reply!

Anyway, I'm sat here laughing my blooming head off!!😊

Perhaps mention we beat them with 14 men just to make him feel better!

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Truthfully Wales are pretty much my least favourite rugby team. For a long time they've play acted and got away with so many fouls. The play acting was prevalent today. Made me chuckle when the HIA was enforced - initial recoil from the contact followed by a premier league whiplash reaction. Well ok then fella you clearly took one hell of a blow there so off you go....

Plus Biggar and Williams constant appealing and gesturing to the ref. I know all teams do it but they take it way further and it is constant.

I'm pleased they're on the way home.
But no HIA for when the 2 Welsh tacklers missed the target and went head to head.

TimShady

Banned
Visit site
Ireland popping a lot of short passes forward so far and NZ happy to pick off early points. Have to wonder if Ireland’s continual failure at this stage will haunt them or if they’ll shake off this rusty start.

TimShady

Banned
Visit site
That try as I posted that already makes it feel difficult for Ireland. To be world champions you need to show something special and it’ll take that from here.

TimShady

Banned
Visit site
Ireland could still well win of course but your quote is solid. Growing into a tournament is something Germany used to do superbly in world cups, football. You don't win a tournament in the group stage.
I’ve seen too much from NZ down the years to ever write them off. At this stage of a tournament, mentality really matters.