Rugby Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
When did rugby players start throwing themselves on the ground at the lightest touch, to convince the ref they've been obstructed?
Never seen it before today.

I blame Wales :)

As for Sexton - you lost. Suck it up. Don't look to blame one moment in the game. Still 20 mins with All Blacks down a man. His on field dissent was out of line - we don't need that in rugby.

Grizzly

Visit site
As for Sexton - you lost. Suck it up. Don't look to blame one moment in the game. Still 20 mins with All Blacks down a man. His on field dissent was out of line - we don't need that in rugby.

It may not be a popular opinion, but I think the game of rugby will be the better for seeing the back of Sexton and his entitled schtick.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
It may not be a popular opinion, but I think the game of rugby will be the better for seeing the back of Sexton and his entitled schtick.

With you 100%. He's been like it for years. Funny enough when you google him quite quickly you see reference to him being the biggest cheat in rugby! Feigning injury etc.

Grizzly

Visit site
With you 100%. He's been like it for years. Funny enough when you google him quite quickly you see reference to him being the biggest cheat in rugby! Feigning injury etc.

You see, this is something I've noticed with Ireland in the last couple of years, an almost Premier League soccer level of play acting.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
You see, this is something I've noticed with Ireland in the last couple of years, an almost Premier League soccer level of play acting.

Sadly it's creeping in and I've moaned about Wales doing it for some time. It's become more prevalent since the rule changes as players are literally trying to con the ref into red cards. Over exaggerate the impact and for sure the TMO will be bound to have a look.

I suspect refs are wising up though and in the Wales game the player who almost gave himself whiplash to make impact look worse had to then leave the field for a HIA.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Oh and yesterday he and the Irish number 1 showed dissent a number of times and were never called on it. They need to stamp it out. It would be a tragedy if rugby went the way of football.

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
What’s with all the hate for the Welsh, never realised they were disliked so much!!

Fancy England and South Africa to win comfortably today, think DuPonts injury might effect his performance and in turn the French.

Got to say the pitches and stadiums have been A1 as well.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
What’s with all the hate for the Welsh, never realised they were disliked so much!!

Fancy England and South Africa to win comfortably today, think DuPonts injury might effect his performance and in turn the French.

For me it's the fact that historical success seems to invoke a sense of entitlement despite more recent squads not being even close to the once-had talent. Is it something about the colour red...

Lights touch paper and retreats :cool:

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Perhaps their fans "anyone but the English" attitude has finally caught up with them (and that applies to the Scots, Welsh and Irish)

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Before we get to the rugby, what a fabulous stadium, the roof in particular. We need more like that over here.

It's a while since England inspired or excited. Let's hope today is the day.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Intelligent and controlled from England so far, Curry excepted of course 🙄. They are playing their game, not Fiji's.

More of the same and they will be in the semi's.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Think I might just give up following English sport today. I’m clearly a harbinger of doom.

From being comfortable at half time it’s all gone rather Pete Tong.