Rugby Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
A cracking game in Cardiff. Not sure anyone will come off the pitch with much left in their legs. Players are dropping like flies.

Has Alun Wyn Jones ever had a bad game? He is immense.

D

Deleted member 15344

Are you serious Amanda,
He is recognised by many as the best No10 in the world at the moment.

Matt Dawson comparing Scotland to New Zealand, steady on now Matt:eek:

Reckon Mo’unga Barrett and Ntamack may have something to say about that

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
On yesterday's performance - yes serious!

I thought Russell was pretty average yesterday, kicked poorly, put a couple straight into touch, missed a pretty easy penalty, stupid last minute play going for the drop goal when the sensible thing was to hold on to the ball and recycle until time up. The trip that saw him in the bin was pretty stupid as well.

I am a fan of his, but he did not have a great game yesterday.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
I thought Russell was pretty average yesterday, kicked poorly, put a couple straight into touch, missed a pretty easy penalty, stupid last minute play going for the drop goal when the sensible thing was to hold on to the ball and recycle until time up. The trip that saw him in the bin was pretty stupid as well.

I've not really paid much attention to him/Scottish rugby but saw his name and recalled a bust up with Townsend so googled that and then felt he did some stupid things and his reaction to them was a bit "oh well". I guess when a player is called "maverick" and "mecurial" they can sometimes fall on the wrong side of that and actually be a liability.

D

Deleted member 15344

I've not really paid much attention to him/Scottish rugby but saw his name and recalled a bust up with Townsend so googled that and then felt he did some stupid things and his reaction to them was a bit "oh well". I guess when a player is called "maverick" and "mecurial" they can sometimes fall on the wrong side of that and actually be a liability.
He reminds me of exactly what Townsend is like , on his game no one can touch and he appears to be exactly what you say - mercurial , but you would have him in your lions team etc because he will produce magic

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
On Russell's trip...
I'm not certain and I know rules change but I have a feeling a few years ago it would been a red card offence.
Anyone able to confirm or deny?

D

Deleted member 1147

I imagine the cover behind would have saved him from a red.

I don’t remember if a trip has ever been an automatic red.

Grizzly

Visit site

Changing tack slightly, he always makes me wistful for what England missed out on with Cipriani. Yes, both have the occasional moments of madness, but their perception of what is possible is on a different level.

I don't think he will start for the Lions. Gatland is naturally safety first and Russell does have a frailty with the boot. But I reckon he will be the ultimate bench player.