Rugby Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 1147

I think we’re over doing how good Scotland were...England were woeful and still only lost by 5 points.
Hogg was at his best and others played well.
But I don’t see Scotland getting that much help from the other top teams (Fra, Ire, Wal), and I don’t see them holding onto that slender a lead against them.

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I think we’re over doing how good Scotland were...England were woeful and still only lost by 5 points.
But I don’t see Scotland getting that much help from the other top teams (Fra, Ire, Wal), and I don’t see them holding onto that slender a lead against them.

Agree that England were poor but with their strength in depth they are still a decent side.
Townsend in his pre match interview said England could put out a dozen back rows of that standard and about 5 front fives.
Scotland should have had more points but it was a tight game and chances were few.
France look good with a young side, should be a good tournament this year.

azazel

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Every beaten team thinks they lost because they were bad, whereas the winners think they won because they were great. Scotland didn’t give England a second’s peace right from the kick off and didn’t allow England to play.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Every beaten team thinks they lost because they were bad, whereas the winners think they won because they were great. Scotland didn’t give England a second’s peace right from the kick off and didn’t allow England to play.

hardly explains Englands horrendous game plan, awful kicking game or complete lack of discipline throughout the game. If you think that was all Scotlands doing then youre going to get a shock in some other games

azazel

Assistant Pro
Visit site
hardly explains Englands horrendous game plan, awful kicking game or complete lack of discipline throughout the game. If you think that was all Scotlands doing then youre going to get a shock in some other games
The only “shock” I’ll get from the other games is if we don’t have at least one bad one ourselves and give more weight to that as a reason for losing than giving credit to the winners as it’s generally what sports teams and fans do.

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

England gave away somewhere in the region of 10 penalties in the first 20 mins. Ref was quite kind to them as well and should have sin binned at least a couple of players for persistent fouling.
Was that Scottish pressure, England being tardy or as I think a mixture of both.

D

Deleted member 1147

England gave away somewhere in the region of 10 penalties in the first 20 mins. Ref was quite kind to them as well and should have sin binned at least a couple of players for persistent fouling.
Was that Scottish pressure, England being tardy or as I think a mixture of both.
Included in the first 7 or 8 penalties were: Curry went in at the side at a ruck when we were putting a kick receiver under pressure, and also changed his bind in a maul right under the refs nose, Itoje jumped through a ruck when Scotland were in their own 22, and Hill went over the top and sealed off when Itoje had won the ball after his charge down, on the Scotland line.
So it wasn’t all Scotland putting England under pressure, and wasn’t all in the England half.

Captainron

Big Hitting, South African Sweary Person
Visit site
This Wales v Ireland game should hopefully be a good one.

Back lines of both teams like to run strong and they have some skills to back it up.

I do wish that Ireland had developed a new flyhalf that could take Sextons spot and build to the future.

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Well, I've sobered up at last.

Yesterday was the most complete performance I've seen from Scotland and we thoroughly deserved the win. England's game plan was obvious from the team selection, bish bash bosh and kick and it failed because Scotland didn't let them get any time qith the ball.

That win will mean nothing if we don't win our home games, Wales at Murrayfield next.............time to dream of our first 6 Nations championship?