Rugby Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
If only the pubs were open and if Scotland were to beat France tonight, any scot in a welsh pub would get free beer for the last hour of opening time!

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
The right result. Scotland put in another performance of the level they put in against England, unfortunately for France, they also put in a similar performance to the one they put in against England

D

Deleted Member 1156

What was that French guy thinking 4 mins into red time?!?!? Still I'm happy he tried to play the ball out. Brilliant performance from Scotland :)

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
What was that French guy thinking 4 mins into red time?!?!? Still I'm happy he tried to play the ball out. Brilliant performance from Scotland :)

Crazy. He seemed to be trying to run into touch?! I thought I must have got the time wrong as none of the commentators or pundits seemed to focus on it. It was their full back and by his face at the end he knew he'd cost them the win.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Crazy. He seemed to be trying to run into touch?! I thought I must have got the time wrong as none of the commentators or pundits seemed to focus on it. It was their full back and by his face at the end he knew he'd cost them the win.
If I can hunt among the weeds and find some sort of rationale - he knew that the French win they had wasn’t enough so he thought a final flourish of French flair scoring a dazzling try from their own line would see the critics drooling. That’s the best i can come up with. Ha ha ????????

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
If I can hunt among the weeds and find some sort of rationale - he knew that the French win they had wasn’t enough so he thought a final flourish of French flair scoring a dazzling try from their own line would see the critics drooling. That’s the best i can come up with. Ha ha ????????

You may well be pretty close to the truth!

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Yeah but Serge Blanco retired years ago...;)

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Jeez - some Scots are real miserablists - France outplayed us in the rugby and we didn’t deserve to win; and their footballing cousins were poor at home against a 2nd rate Austria. You know what. Even if partly true I don’t care...????????

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
Given the perceived impossibility of scoring 18 points after the 80 minutes, I think he may have distracted himself with pondering which “wazzo” would best describe a hole-in-one on a par five or that 147 is not the maximum break. Anyway, dropped his team dans la crème anglaise or maybe even merde.
Scotland gave Wales a good lesson on how to play a last five minutes (plus five more) against France. Wales had their chance at a Grand Slam and failed. France had their chance at a Six Nations win and failed. A lead and a man-advantage at the start of second half and the knowledge of exactly what was required. The French were completely and utterly thwarted by an excellent Scottish performance.

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
What a cracking weekend for watching rugby.
Scotland game on Friday.
Glasgow v Benaton on Sat, and Edinburgh v Dragons yesterday.
Fantastic fight back from a 'weak' Edinburgh team.