Rugby Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 15344

Eh? Fingers in the eye socket isn't a red?

Can't believe the France yellow didn't result in a penalty try. Less than 2 yds from the try line moving forward at a rate of knots...

I believe you replied to his post about Bundee Aki getting a red card

AliMc

Visit site
Never really played or got into rugby much, happy to watch a few games without understanding all the rules but it seems to me that the referee's are having as much influence on the results as the players, happy to be shot down ?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Never really played or got into rugby much, happy to watch a few games without understanding all the rules but it seems to me that the referee's are having as much influence on the results as the players, happy to be shot down ?
Players push the boundaries, play on and often go over the edge. Do refs influence or are they simply penalizing players who go over the boundary line?

I think the speed of play now is such that tipping over occurs more often and the refs are good enough to spot it. Fault is with the players, imo.

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
This is my problem. Could never grasp the rules. Had one game at school many, many years ago and everybody said I would be in the 1st 15 as I was in cricket and football 1st 11. Played fullback and came off without my knees touching the ground. Stuck to Football and cricket and still no wiser on the rules!

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Watched the Wales v France game on catch up this morning.
That must beat the time record of the longest ever game of rugby.
So many contentious decisions and interventions.
At one point I counted 11 yellow vest types on the pitch.
There was a great game in the middle of that though.
Looking forward to Scotland finishing second.;) on Friday.

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
Two grandparents from Aberdeen and two from Ferndale. The idea of Scotland beating France to do Wales a favour appeals to me in a very big way.

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Two grandparents from Aberdeen and two from Ferndale. The idea of Scotland beating France to do Wales a favour appeals to me in a very big way.

Yes my Welsh side of the family will be delighted, but aren't Wales uncatchable unless Scotland lose by about 76-0.

Just checked.......21 point gap and a bonus try point will be enough.
Oooh dear I'm nervous now:love:

Last edited:

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Yes my Welsh side of the family will be delighted, but aren't Wales uncatchable unless Scotland lose by about 76-0.

Just checked.......21 point gap and a bonus try point will be enough.
Oooh dear I'm nervous now:love:

Should at least be an entertaining match as France have to head out all guns blazing

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Watched the Wales v France game on catch up this morning.
That must beat the time record of the longest ever game of rugby.
So many contentious decisions and interventions.
At one point I counted 11 yellow vest types on the pitch.
There was a great game in the middle of that though.
Looking forward to Scotland finishing second.;) on Friday.
You forget the 100minute France v Wales match a few years ago...

D

Deleted member 1147

MY take on this years 6 Nations:

- Italy: should be dropped to a lower level competition, with the likes of Georgia, Japan, Canada, etc
- Scotland: improving, but only really managed one result, against a very poor England (and only just managed that). Need to turn performances into results.
- Ireland: too reliant on the old heads (Sexton, Murray, etc), but in Beirne have found a new star, and Furlongh is the best prop I've seen in a long time.
- France: brilliant except for the England game. The new management are showing signs of turning them into a team capable of winning anything, with added stamina.
- Wales: you could say they got lucky with some reffing decisions, but they kept putting themselves in positions to win - they're doing what Scotland can't, winning close calls.
- England: as bad as I've ever seen them. Too reliant on how well Ben Youngs plays, and he never starts tournaments well. Several players should have played their last matches for England. You can blame Farrell & Ford as much as you like, but Youngs was getting ball on a plate and taking an age to get it to his playmakers, who are then immediately under pressure.

Wales or France deserve the title, which ever ends up with it.