RRP of balls. Is it getting beyond ridiculous?

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
Now before all the keyboard warriors on here jump all over my post, I know it’s a choice to pay it etc. etc. but I’ve just seen that the RRP for a dozen Pro V balls is now up to £50! How much is too much for something that usually lasts less than a round for most mere mortals?

Bobthesock

Visit site
The trick is to find more than you lose. Think I have bought 2 dozen all year and that was more to treat myself than anything.
But yeah over 4 quid for a golf ball is ridiculous!

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
The trick is to find more than you lose. Think I have bought 2 dozen all year and that was more to treat myself than anything.
But yeah over 4 quid for a golf ball is ridiculous!
In all honesty I buy from premier lake balls as their Pearl/A mix are very good and I fall in the same category as I’ve won more than I’ve used and I only use the new ones in comps.

Grizzly

Visit site
Definitely ridiculous. I mean, where we used to use the Pro v1s others had lost, now you're lucky to find anything better than a Top Flite! ?

Mandofred

Visit site
https://www.snaintongolf.co.uk/callaway-supersoft-golf-balls
Perfectly good balls. Unless you are really really good....I don't think people can tell the difference....except in this guys case....
michael-rosen-shaking-head.gif

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Haven't bought golf balls for years. Always find a few whilst playing. A handful of lovely Srixons and Callaways yesterday.
Gonna have to start hitting my ball way offline into the rough. Used to find loads in the gorse not far off line or that we have to hit over - but we’ve gone and taken most of it out ?

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The price of Titleist balls has always been much higher simply because they can get away with it. All the time players fall for the advertising or remain brand obsessed it will remain thus.

At one time the reason behind the higher price for Titleist balls was a lawsuit for patent infringement they lost to Bridgestone. The rumoured settlement was that Titleist had to pay a royalty fee to Bridgestone for every ball they sold.

I note the some other manufacturers seeing Titleist get away with it raised their prices to match, probably to say we think our ball is as good as Prov1 and we will charge the same, This is probably because of players mentality that says because the price is cheaper it must be an inferior ball.