How many balls.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Off on me Jols on Wednesday. Missis Ts choice for her 60th. Anyway when I usually go away I will sometimes have a look at the courses around to see what’s what. There is a course about 40 minutes away https://www.top100golfcourses.com/golf-course/four-seasons-peninsula-papagayo

Suffice to say it looks gorgeous.

Firstly I am massively torn re can I justify paying a large green fee. To me it’s a lot. Others not so. I know all to well “ you cannot take it with you” but well being a Rochdale/ Mansfield lad I always look at the price. I am gobsmacked at the dress codes out there. Apparently Dockers and trainers are ok so shoes are not a worry. But if I do play I have this flippin nagging question “ How many balls do I need”. Might seem trivial and am sure I could buy some on the course but I dread to think how much a box of Dunlop 65,s are.
So how many balls would you take on a top 100 Course with plenty of water and 100 yards of Jungle either side of the hole.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
15, based on your description.

You wont need that many but do you really want to get down to your last 2-3 and start panicking. Take 5 good uns, 10 okay balls and leave the 10 okay ones behind if you want to keep the weight down on the way back. Swap okay balls for holiday souvenirs :cool:

(I rarely lose more than a ball a round now, frequently keep the same ball, but I still have about 25 in my bag. The above advice might therefore be overly cautious :LOL:)

Tashyboy

Visit site
15, based on your description.

You wont need that many but do you really want to get down to your last 2-3 and start panicking. Take 5 good uns, 10 okay balls and leave the 10 okay ones behind if you want to keep the weight down on the way back. Swap okay balls for holiday souvenirs :cool:
Ave already checked out the decent Costa Rican rums.?

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I've never lost more than 3 in a round even when I was 20's handicap, so I usually just have 7 or 8 balls in my bag - couple of sleeves and 1 or 2 odds and sods I might have picked up. If I did ever lose as many 3 balls on a round again I'd probably just start picking up some others that I find (usually don't pick up strays unless it is a ball I would buy).

If I genuinely lost 7 or 8 balls in one round I'd probably walk in anyway, that would be an absolutely horrendous round. :ROFLMAO:

Tashyboy

Visit site
I've never lost more than 3 in a round even when I was 20's handicap, so I usually just have 7 or 8 balls in my bag - couple of sleeves and 1 or 2 odds and sods I might have picked up. If I did ever lose as many 3 balls on a round again I'd probably just start picking up some others that I find (usually don't pick up strays unless it is a ball I would buy).

If I genuinely lost 7 or 8 balls in one round I'd probably walk in anyway, that would be an absolutely horrendous round. :ROFLMAO:
Unfortunately Ave had a couple of them ?

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site

Can tell you have never played at Cooden when the wind is up. I was comfortably into double figures last year :ROFLMAO:

D

Deleted member 23270

Don't bother playing, the course will be full of yanks a-hooterin and a-hollerin and it will take 6 hours to get round. Stay in the bar instead*

*Free but excellent consumer advice.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The most balls I have lost is 8 in a 9 hole round.

However it was on our newly opened 9 hole course and I was experimenting with how much of the doglegs I could cut off by going over the trees and could I reach the other side of the weir pool.

Tashyboy

Visit site
Just a quick update. I enquired re playing the course and the concierge at our place said basically they don’t want our need my $300 off mere commoners. ?
He did recommend another couple of courses 90 mins away but another factor has stopped me from playing. When it is hot it’s melting hot and humid. When it rains. Sweet mother, it’s biblical.

North Mimms

Tour Winner
Visit site
Dunno, but I made the mistake of packing light when heading for The K Club last month and had to dash into the Proshop after 9 holes to buy an emergency box of balls.
The bloke at the till hesitated, then asked me if I was sure a single box would be enough...

RRidges

Visit site
Just a quick update. I enquired re playing the course and the concierge at our place said basically they don’t want our need my $300 off mere commoners. ?
He did recommend another couple of courses 90 mins away but another factor has stopped me from playing. When it is hot it’s melting hot and humid. When it rains. Sweet mother, it’s biblical.
It's a Four Seasons Resort, so resort residents only.
Don't bother with golf as, like you stated, conditions for golf in Central America can be extreme. There's a reason there's plenty of jungle! Plenty of other things to see and do.

Tashyboy

Visit site
It's a Four Seasons Resort, so resort residents only.
Don't bother with golf as, like you stated, conditions for golf in Central America can be extreme. There's a reason there's plenty of jungle! Plenty of other things to see and do.
Totally agree
? Had a car for two days and drive 600km to La Fortuna and Arenal Volcano etc. We loved it. However a 4x4 is a must if you want to get off the beaten track. Not me best idea to go through a river in a two wheel drive Toyota. ? That’s another story. Got a 4 x 4 booked for Monday so having a
Drive down to Samara and back along the coast.