Royal Cinque Ports Monday 27th February 2017

mikejohnchapman

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
It was brutal today but made better by good company and very enjoyable.

Somewhat soured as after lunch I returned to find my 6 month old galvin green waterproof trousers have disappeared from the changing room:confused:

So anyone at the meet please check if you have accidentally picked up a pair of short arsed black galvin greens!

They were on the top of the lockers in the left hand end after lunch when I went down to collect my stuff. Thought they were mine until I checked the lable.

D

Deleted member 1418

Great day!

Still in the King's Head with a group of hardy Forummers!

LiverpoolPhil has left to slip into something more comfortable and warm up the bed for him and RI chart!

And the Fish has also made a very quiet and stealthy exit leaving 3/4 of a pint!!

Poor show from 2 Forum stalwarts!! 😂😂

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Great day!

LiverpoolPhil has left to slip into something more comfortable and warm up the bed for him and RI chart!

And the Fish has also made a very quiet and stealthy exit leaving 3/4 of a pint!!

Poor show from 2 Forum stalwarts!! 

Someome wants the title a little be too much me thinks!

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Great day!

Poor show from 2 Forum stalwarts!! 😂😂

I was knackered & yawning my head off all night & just couldn't get the drink flowing, thought having something to eat would help but I left half of that also and just made me more tired and the real ale on offer wasn't great also.

Slipped away and was out like a light as I hit the pillow before the match even finished, yesterday took a lot out of me, must be an age thing 😳🤔🏌️

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
I was knackered & yawning my head off all night & just couldn't get the drink flowing, thought having something to eat would help but I left half of that also and just made me more tired and the real ale on offer wasn't great also.

Slipped away and was out like a light as I hit the pillow before the match even finished, yesterday took a lot out of me, must be an age thing 樂️

I'm not surprised as they all went to bed early as their lightweights 

:whistle: :rofl:

Enjoy the day Robin, looks a little tamer up here today, hope you're enjoying the same down there. :thup:

Hooker

Assistant Pro
Visit site
They were on the top of the lockers in the left hand end after lunch when I went down to collect my stuff. Thought they were mine until I checked the lable.

Mike just been and checked they weren't there. I saw a very wet pair on top of the lockers yesterday. But mine were on the rail by the big bay window. In my trousers place were a pair of wet dress trousers.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Well after a dry but very windy (gale-force) day at littlestone followed by a nice curry and a few beers in the King's Head, I opened the curtains in my room and wow, I thought Doris had buggered off but the bitch was back with a vengeance, just like most women, they like the last word and like to make an entrance, I'm sure I could see the pier swaying :eek:

5.jpg

6.jpg

Nice breakfast in the hotel and it was off to Royal Cinque Ports for day 2 (or 1 for some of the lightweights :smirk: ).

We gathered upstairs and immediately introductions with new forumites on their first meet were taking place. It was obvious from watching people teeing off on the 1st just outside the clubhouse that it was going to be a difficult day with the wind being in the opposite direction to that of last year, and I struggled last year!

So I was layered up, Waterproof bottoms & MacWets on and we headed for the 1st tee in pretty awful conditions. As seems to be the norm just lately I hooked my first tee shot into a very tough wind, I took my medicine to get back on the short stuff and then made the green, a silly 3-putt (very rare for me) meant for a double on the 1st but a point all the same :(

We then all teed off on the 2nd and started to walk up the fairway when we heard a thump and groan behind us, MAN DOWN, Murph had slipped over and was rolling around in the mud like a Sow on heat :rofl:

I scrambled my way up the 2nd for a nett par and was already drenched, I'd kept my Galvin Green Soft Shell WindStopper on even though it's not fully waterproof, but the wind was cold and cutting and I wanted to get as far round as possible before changing into another jacket, of which I had 3 in the bag) :eek:

4.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

The par first par 5 came quite early (3rd) and I was chuffed to make it in regulation, my trusty 4w was cutting through the wind when needed, I got my putter out and noticed the gel like insert on the face of my Odyssey was gone :eek:

15.jpg

14.jpg

Not sure how the ball was going to react I played my shot a little softer as I was hitting of the metal face rather than a gel like insert, but it rolled up nicely for a 2-putt and first par :thup:

With Ash (MashleyR7) my partner for the day coming out the traps quick my par took us to 3-up against Murph and Rupert (Swingalot), and then what happened over the next 5 holes was, well great for me but not those on the other end of it :mmm:

From the 3rd through to 8 I put 6 gross pars together, turned on 23 points to put Ash and I 6-up in the match bananadance.jpg

A quick cup of tea at the halfway hut was much needed, although it went cold very quickly when I left it on my bag whilst I teed off :(

Another par on the 10th then put me 4 over gross after 11 holes, I'm not sure what all the fuss about the weather was snigger.gif

But then it all changed, I had to swap my Soft Shell jacket now or it was going to leak through to my other dry layers so I put on a normal Galvin Green WindStopper on that coped in the wet around West Hill when I played with Rick Shiels & Peter Finch but wasn't sure how it was going to cope with what we were enduring now, it was like being shot-blasted, icy horizontal rain with 40mph+ wind and standing on the 11th elevated tee was a struggle just to stand their never mind take a drive.

Still full of confidence I stepped up only to duck hook a ball into the rough just short of a digger & driver clearing some scrub which the lads before us managed to hit :rofl:

I just lost my 1st ball of the meet, it had got me around Littlestone and all the way to the 11th at RCP, not bad in the circumstances but disappointing all the same when on such a good run.

I then made the cardinal sin and chased that hole meaning I blobbed the 12th also but the conditions now had really deteriorated and my WindStopper only lasted 2 holes before I had to change it as it couldn't cope with the cold and forceful icy rain.

1.jpg

Rupert & Chris started to make a comeback, Ash tried to force a couple of drives with his 5w as he hadn't brought his driver but that led to a great bit of club chucking which I think went further than the ball :rofl: I was on a run of bogeys but we still shook hands I think with a 7&5 win.

Cheers Murph 16.jpg :thup:

Although I let a few holes slip on a very tough back 9 in atrocious conditions which got very cold for the last 3 holes I was chuffed with my 35 points, even though I was beaten back into 3rd by my good friend Peter (Liverbirdie) aggressive.gif

Thanks to my partner Ash who I hadn't played with before along with Murph & Rupert who without the banter made for a great round of golf in what could have been a tortuous mind numbing round if we hadn't have laughed and just ignored the weather the best we could, thanks lads :thup:

Thanks to Chrisd for the organising and Mike for the scoring, I was happy to pull back 3 shots on Charlie for the accumulative scoring but was still sitting in 2nd place, however, I came 3rd on the day on countback and was in the winning blind team for some dosh also, what a great but testing day :whoo:

Bring on RSG :D

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Here are the scores from RCP :smirk:

Boxman 37
LiverBirdie 35 (countback :mad: )
Fish 35
Bogie Boy 34
Hooker 32
Trojan 31
Richart 30
PN Wokingham 30
Dave MC 30
Badger 29
Pieman 29
Lee Nixon 29
Liverpool Phil 28
Radbourne 28
Chris3081 28
Swingalot 25
Wookie 25
Mike Chapman 25
Another Double 25
Mashley R7 25
Papas 23
Chris D 23
Jason 21
Odd Socks 20
Mike Friend 18
Murph the Mog 15
Paperboy 11

Ave Score 26

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Banned
Visit site
I was asked to put up the scores so I did, but on the same theme, what about people reporting about going to bed early, leaving drinks etc?

Going to bed early and leaving beer should mean a ban from the next trip! Did you get tucked in and have a bed time story as well?

Radbourne2010

Challenge Tour Pro
www.mmksolutions.co.uk
42 Putts :rolleyes:
Here are the scores from RCP :smirk:

Boxman 37
LiverBirdie 35 (countback :mad: )
Fish 35
Bogie Boy 34
Hooker 32
Trojan 31
Richart 30