Royal Cinque Ports - Monday 22nd Feb 2016

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Still looking forward to it. I'd rather be a bit wet and wind blown on a great golf course than be at work on a Monday!! Besides a nice pub, a few beers, hearty grub, and good company in the evening will more than make up for it!

Hear hear ⛳️

That's 3 of the four ball in favour then!! Dando?

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Not sure mate - got to speak to Blundell. Not sure whether to leave early and avoid traffic.

With the schools back and poor weather conditions so accidents are likely, I'm starting out well early, I'd rather be sat down there relaxing for a couple of hours than fighting through the traffic worrying about being late if I get held up

Oxfordcomma

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
It is looking a bit soggy, isn't it? First test for the new H2NO bag coming up I suppose, and the wind is going to be a lot gentler than today so hopefully the brolly that came with it as a free gift can get some use as well.

I'm heading over tonight, couldn't face the thought of the M25 south on return to school day and in potentially bad weather so I called the pub yesterday and booked in for tonight as well.

Swingalot

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Gutted to say I'm out of this and also RSG on Tuesday. Played today and have twisted my knee, can't put any weight on it at all. Ben, will drop you a pm to sort out money if you can't find a replacement. Gutted

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Hate to say it, but with the remnants of this cold/flu and the predicted forecast for tomorrow, I'm out.
If anybody wants a free place tomorrow, you are welcome to mine.
xxxxx

You'll be missed :(

Gutted to say I'm out of this and also RSG on Tuesday. Played today and have twisted my knee, can't put any weight on it at all. Ben, will drop you a pm to sort out money if you can't find a replacement. Gutted

Sorry to hear this Rupert, wishing you a speedy recovery.

12:00
Available Spot
Available spot
Oxfordcomma
TopOfTheFlop

Don't let the paranoia get to you, it's nothing personal :rofl:

12:10
Pieman
Blue in Munich
Dando
Fish

12:20
Liverpoolphil
therod
Craggles89
Wookie

12:30
Richart
murphthemog
Blundell
Sainthacker.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site

That's a real bummer mate. I hope you recover soon

Oxfordcomma

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
That's bad news, hope you're back golfing soon. Will flutter my eyelashes at Laura when I get there tomorrow about the money, as my deposit was actually paid for 14 I'm hoping we're OK and I can send it back over. From the chat I had with her last week I think she's used to this kind of last minute change.

If anyone who lives close fancies coming along, maybe a former H4H champion who's obviously keeping an eye on the thread, then let me know. Will be in the car for a bit but online later. I'll re-do the draw tonight as well, will take the opportunity to separate Therod and LP as neither of them deserve two days together like that. :D

Have to say I thought it was Richart pushing for a solo spot but perhaps it's me after all?

wookie

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
That's bad news, hope you're back golfing soon. Will flutter my eyelashes at Laura when I get there tomorrow about the money, as my deposit was actually paid for 14 I'm hoping we're OK and I can send it back over. From the chat I had with her last week I think she's used to this kind of last minute change.

If anyone who lives close fancies coming along, maybe a former H4H champion who's obviously keeping an eye on the thread, then let me know. Will be in the car for a bit but online later. I'll re-do the draw tonight as well, will take the opportunity to separate Therod and LP as neither of them deserve two days together like that. :D

Have to say I thought it was Richart pushing for a solo spot but perhaps it's me after all?

Ive just PMd Trojan615 and ArnoldArmChewer who were down as reserves for RSG on the off chance they can swing the time off at late notice.

I should be there for 1030 - 11. Allowing an hour on top of listed satnav time to get there. See you all for what looks like a soggy round of golf tomorrow but as above at least the wind looks fairly calm.

richart

Major Champion
Visit site

Happy with last off Ben. Will leave home at 9.00 to miss A3 traffic, so will not be there before 11.30 at best. If breakfast is finished will get a roll so no problems.

Fish

Banned
Visit site

If you don't get any replacements you only need to move 1 of them to the first group and then you've got 2 x 3-balls going out before the 4-balls moving the 3rd group up to second, which makes sense IMO.

Last edited:

User20205

Money List Winner
Visit site
If you don't get any replacements you only need to move 1 of them to the first group and then you've got 2 x 3-balls going out before the 4-balls moving the 3rd group up to second, which makes sense IMO.
Shame I was looking forward to 2 days with Phil, your ears would have been burning;)

Can I stay off 3rd as I have an extensive pre round routine involving a paper and a warm seat:eek:

It will give me more time to straighten my attire

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Banned
Visit site
You're all getting lie-ins, some of us will be up before the Larks :(

no sure if I'll get a lie in as I've been awake and up at 3am every day for about a week and I dont even do shift work!
Think that's a bit too early to leave!