Royal Cinque Ports - Monday 22nd Feb 2016

TopOfTheFlop

Head Pro
Visit site
So just got home from a great day at RCP.
Getting there was a bit of a pain in the backside and the weather wasn't helping matters on the roads. Once there we had a decent breakfast and copious amounts of tea & coffee (which wasn't included and OxfordComma (Ben) picked up!!! We owe you for that one sir.
We were first out with myself, Ben and Phil.
1st tee nerves weren't so engrained i guess because we were all pretty casual and leaving it until the last minute to get to the 1st tee.
The rain was present over about 6 or 7 holes and then with Phil's optimism and constant asking it eventually stopped!!!!
The first half of holes were playing with a soft left to right breeze which I've never encountered at RCP only into or with and it didn't play a big factor all day in our rounds really!
If it was a team comp I think we would of done great, it was a tale of two halves! I was 2 over gross with mega scoring on the front 9 and Phil had a brilliant back 9!
Sorry I had to rush off and couldn't stay over and enjoy tonights festivities but leaving Sandwich at 4:50pm i was expecting a nightmare for my 2hr (with no traffic journey!) I got home in 1hr 45min, the M25 was a ghost town, very very strange sight at 6pm!!!!!
Great organising by Ben and I hope everyone else had as good a time as we did.
Ben and Phil were upstanding gents with healthy banter but big respect so thoroughly enjoyed your company.
Enjoy tonight and tomorrow golf!!!!

D

Deleted member 1418

Well done Ben for organising - great day yesterday on a lovely, challenging course. And most of the round spent without any rain or breeze - wonderful golfing weather!

Thanks to BiM, Fish and Dando for their company going round - very enjoyable game; and to the 'Deal Massive' for a good evening in the Kings Head :cheers:

D

Deleted member 15344

Cheers for organising a great day out Ben

Course was in lovely condition and the company was cracking - it won't be long until Craig is in single figures

SaintHacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Unfortunately my round ened on the 12th when my back went as I was teeing off, gutted as I was playing quite well up until then, doubly gutted as I had to cut short the trip and head home crocked and miss out of RSG today. Thanks (and apologies) to the organisers, and to Rich Phil and Murph, who were great company to play 12 hols with, and walk the last 6!

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Many thanks to Ben for organising this, to Pieman, Fish and Dando for their company; don't think the old hands damaged the newbie too much, he should be back. :D actually managed to keep the same ball all the way round which is a novelty item these days. Liking the idea of the three days next year as suggested by Pieman. Sorry to lose SaintHacker, hope the back recovers soon mate, then we can work on your dodgy taste in ball markers………… :whistle:

wookie

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Thanks again to Ben for organising this. The weather was so much better than expected - brollies for the first 6 or so holes but the lack of wind meant you weren't struggling with them.

Thoroughly enjoyed the course again and the company of Therod (who played like a dream on the front 9 - shame about the tee shot and subsequent lost ball from hacking out on 10) and Craggles89 who was out for his first, and hopefully not last, forum meet.

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Banned
Visit site
Thanks for organising a great day Ben and to Pieman, Blue in munich and Fish for an enjoyable round and taking it easy on a newcomer!

D

Deleted member 15344

Money winners on the day

Front 9 - Top of the Flop - 23 points
Back 9 - Richart - 19 points

2nd - therod - 38 points
1st on CB - Liverpoolphil 38 points

Some great golf from a number of people - therod and topoftheflop front 9's were superb

TopOfTheFlop

Head Pro
Visit site
Super!

Richard don't go spending my winnings before next week!!!

Money winners on the day

Front 9 - Top of the Flop - 23 points
Back 9 - Richart - 19 points

2nd - therod - 38 points
1st on CB - Liverpoolphil 38 points

Some great golf from a number of people - therod and topoftheflop front 9's were superb

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Thanks to Ben for organising, and for nearly getting the weather right. Going off last meant we only had about five wet holes.

Enjoyed the company of Murph as usual, and nice to play with Blundell and Sainthacker for the first time. Hopefully not the last. We did have a laugh, and didn't let the golf get in the way too much. Chris was on fire again on the front nine, but let in slip on the back (again.;)) Phil took nine holes to warm up, but was pretty hot on the back. Not sure that sounds right.:mmm: Paul was playing well until his back went. He did hit the unluckiest shot of the day. Great drive that hit a marker post on the edge of the fairway, and shot straight into the deepest bunker. To compound his misery it rolled up against the rake that was right at the back on the down slope. Perhaps we should have a thread on where to leave rakes.:whistle:

Managed 36 points which was respectable.

Really looking forward to next years trip. Have you booked the course yet Ben ?;)

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Thanks to Ben for organising this, the weather wasn't as bad as expected but it was still raining for the first 8 holes for us, I came out the traps flying with 10 or 11 points from the first 4 holes but then had a major wobble on the 5th SI 2 and picked up before realising I still had another shot which would have been a tap in :( I then lost all my concentration and blobbed the last 2 holes on the front 9 turning with a miserable 13 points!

I started the back 9 strong again with a couple of pars but blobbed the 12th losing a ball off the tee which hit the boundary fence disappearing into the abyss, I then scrambled my way home to return 16 points on the back 9 for an overall disappointing 29 points.

It was a very tough and unforgiving course, huge undulations on the fairways, you thought you were in good shape when finding the fairway only to have a downhill lie and still 180 yds plus to go, the rough was extremely penal, deep folding grass not that far off the fairways either, so miss it or knob it off the tee, which I did twice on the same hole, and you were toast, the greens may have been the biggest I've seen but the undulations on them were bigger than on the fairways at times, and even though it was wet, they were still pretty fast, but my putter was quite hot so i scrambled well when I needed to with some decent up & downs.

My thanks go to Pieman, BIM and Dando (call him James :smirk:) for the company, we really did have some laughs whilst trying to put some decent golf together, which is what it's all about, your company was very enjoyable, thank you :thup:

I lost 4 balls but only on 2 holes, 2 off a par 3 tee and 2 on the 12th losing my provisional with my 2nd (4th) shot :eek: but you gotta laugh, well I did :rofl: