Royal Cinque Ports - Kent Links Tour

D

Deleted member 1418

Hi Chris

Glynn and I are volunteering to go off in the first group

Very brave! :thup:

Actually Chris, if I'm helping with the cards, probably best that I go out in one of the early groups too.

D

Deleted member 21258

I'm staying in Canterbury with the wife, so happy to go out early or mid or last, what helps you out or works.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Thanks guys, I shall work out groups etc soon nut I'm hoping Wookie and Blue in Munich and I will soon come up with a master plan so that those doing more than one meet get to play with some different forum members during the tour

So, who doesn't want to play with us 3?

chris3081

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Later tee time would be good as I’m driving down on Monday morning.

Cannot wait!

Thanks guys, I shall work out groups etc soon nut I'm hoping Wookie and Blue in Munich and I will soon come up with a master plan so that those doing more than one meet get to play with some different forum members during the tour

So, who doesn't want to play with us 3?

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Latest update guys

Chrisd. PAID £70 IN FULL
Dando. PAID £70 IN FULL
Mikejohnchapman PAID £70 IN FULL
Blue in Munich. PAID £70 IN FULL
Fish. PAID £70 IN FULL
Badger. PAID £70 IN FULL
PieMan. PAID £40 DEPOSIT
Hooker. PAID £70 IN FULL
Swingalot. PAID £70 IN FULL
Captainron. PAID £70 IN FULL
LQ. PAID £70 IN FULL
Paddyc. PAID £70 IN FULL
Rosecott. PAID IN FULL
2Blue. PAID £70 IN FULL
94tegsi. PAID £70 IN FULL
Radbourne2010. PAID £70 IN FULL
Jobr1850. PAID £70 IN FULL
Chris3081. PAID £70 IN FULL
Wookie. PAID £70 IN FULL
Moquillo19. PAID £70 IN FULL
Jon. (Moquillo) PAID £70 IN FULL
Darren Williams. PAID £70 IN FULL
The Rod. PAID £70 IN FULL

All details will be posted up soon

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
In true forum tradition I've got my pet to do the draw for the RCP meet. Croc, my pet alligator, drew the following knowing that we are trying to mix up players over the 3 days. I hope everyone is ok with the groups.

Lincoln Q, Captain Ron, Chrisd, 2 Blue

Mike Chapman, 94Tegsi, Jobr1850

Blue in Munich, Pieman, Radbourne, Badger

Rosecott, Darren Williams, Moquillo, Jon

Hooker, Paddyc, Dando, Wookie

Swingalot, Fish, The rod, Chris3081

We will play a Stableford comp off full handicap and if everyone pays in £5 I will give £60 to the winner, £35 to the 2nd and £20 to the 3rd place - countback will used if necessary. Mike Chapman has kindly agreed to do the cards after so please get them to him as soon as possible.

Please have a good look at the RCP web site and be sure to follow their dress code and rules, they are a very laid back club when you're there but the rules are the rules

Any questions please ask.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 17920

Nice work Chris.

Now can you get RCP to make sure the heating is turned up a notch.

-8 windchill is going to be really fun :eek:

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Nice work Chris.

Now can you get RCP to make sure the heating is turned up a notch.

-8 windchill is going to be really fun :eek:

The only other option left when I booked was "peeing down like it's going out of fashion" we chose that last year and, to be fair, they did over egg it a bit, but I'd rather have option 5 "isn't it a tad on the chilly side" if you don't mind. 😁

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I've chatted to RCP staff about the weather and the fact that it looks like RSG are likely to be closed. RCP policy is that they stay on main greens all the year round and will guarantee that. They get a lot of trade when RSG is closed for weather problems. However, they are aware this is a 3 day meet and RSG being closed gives us a logistical problem with people staying over etc etc

They are going to chat their end and see what solution they can offer, especially if Princes closes too, although they dont think that will happen. I am due to speak with them again tomorrow to see where we are at.

So, no real answer yet but hopefully we'll know more tomorrow

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
I've chatted to RCP staff about the weather and the fact that it looks like RSG are likely to be closed. RCP policy is that they stay on main greens all the year round and will guarantee that. They get a lot of trade when RSG is closed for weather problems. However, they are aware this is a 3 day meet and RSG being closed gives us a logistical problem with people staying over etc etc

They are going to chat their end and see what solution they can offer, especially if Princes closes too, although they dont think that will happen. I am due to speak with them again tomorrow to see where we are at.

So, no real answer yet but hopefully we'll know more tomorrow

I've just phoned Princes; they have no plans to shut on Sunday so that shouldn't be an issue. I also asked about Tuesday to give us another option; they have plenty of availability and the deal would be £160 per 4 ball including either lunch or breakfast (which would be as a group, not an either/or individual option). I'd imagine that they would honour £40 per head if we had sufficient but weren't complete 4's as they offered for the Sunday booking. They said they could include the Himalayas loop on the Tuesday so if we went any of Sunday's attendees would see 9 new holes. Food for thought if RSG falls through.

D

Deleted member 1418

Appreciate all the efforts being made by the 3 organisers - top work guys.

I'm going to just enjoy being away from home for 2 days and 1 night!! So what if it's cold!

Will obviously be gutted if RSG falls through but happy with whatever we come up with whilst down there.

Blue in Munich

Visit site
Walmer & Kingsdown was mentioned as a potential alternative. The good news is it's £80 per four ball in the winter, the not so good news is that is for rigid 4's only although I'd hope cash on the day would get a kind response if we had numbers under a straight 4, the bad news is that they are struggling to accommodate us until 12.30 ish at the earliest.

Blue in Munich

Visit site
London Club, as Dando mentioned it; £80 per head if there is availability before midday, £70 after midday (from the website, I haven't contacted them). Personally I feel that there are better deals to be had at Princes or RCP, especially as it's a links tour, but I throw it open for consideration or observations.

94tegsi

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I've just phoned Princes; they have no plans to shut on Sunday so that shouldn't be an issue. I also asked about Tuesday to give us another option; they have plenty of availability and the deal would be £160 per 4 ball including either lunch or breakfast (which would be as a group, not an either/or individual option). I'd imagine that they would honour £40 per head if we had sufficient but weren't complete 4's as they offered for the Sunday booking. They said they could include the Himalayas loop on the Tuesday so if we went any of Sunday's attendees would see 9 new holes. Food for thought if RSG falls through.
Happy with any of the options given if RSG falls through, so at least it looks like all wont be in vein. Good work gents.

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Banned
Visit site
I’d be happy returning to either princes or rcp and as my 2 guests haven’t played either of them so I’m sure they’ll be ok