Kent Links Tour; Princes on Tuesday

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
I'll speak to Princes tomorrow to see what we can do about provisionally booking some tee times for Tuesday as a back up to RSG which looks like we are going to miss out on.

When I spoke to them earlier with this in mind it looked like we would all be able to get out by 11am, if not earlier. I would look to use the Himalayas as a change for those who have played the other 18 on Sunday. The deal was £160 per 4 ball including breakfast or lunch, for Sunday they offered a per head price for numbers above 8 and I'd imagine they would do the same on Tuesday.

With that as the intention, who is interested in going? I think I've picked up the following from the other threads;

BiM
PieMan
Fish
Rosecott
Badger
jobr1850
2blue
Swingalot
94tegsi

Apologies to anyone I've missed, please cut & paste the list and add yourself.

paddyc

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Although I would like to play on Tuesday, I do not wan to commit just yet and would rather see how the course plays Sunday. Are Princes expecting payment before Tuesday or can we pay on the day.

Thanks for organising Richard and all your time and effort

Blue in Munich

Visit site
They wanted a deposit per head for the Sunday, when I speak to them I'll find out but I'm hoping to persuade them to reserve enough tee times without deposit on the basis that until RSG tell us we can't come we've got a booking elsewhere. I'd be hopeful that we'd get cut a bit of slack on deposits in the circumstances and they are prepared to help.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Not sure if it has to be declared or if its a variable choice or we all have to choose the same, but I'd prefer lunch if we go with this as an alternative to RSG as I'd have already had breakfast at the hotel.

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Banned
Visit site
BiM
PieMan
Fish
Rosecott
Badger
jobr1850
2blue
Swingalot
94tegsi
mikejohnchapman - Lunch but as early a TT as possible please.
Dando - as for food I am equally happy if I have to have another breakfast or wait and have lunch
Not sure what my 2 guests are planning on doing at the moment but will confirm as soon as I hear from them

Blue in Munich

Visit site
Just spoken to them; they see no issue in getting us out between 9 and 10 on Tuesday and including the Himalayas lop. However they won’t hold a tee time without a deposit and I’m reluctant to shell out until RSG confirm the position. I reasonably confident we will get out early Tuesday and will speak further on Sunday. If Simon gets early confirmation that RSG is shut then I will book tee times and advise. Looking at lunch after 18 holes as the food option.

Last edited:

94tegsi

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Just spoken to them; they see no issue in getting us out between 9 and 10 on Tuesday and including the Himalayas lop. However they won’t hold a tee time without a deposit and I’m reluctant to shell out until RSG confirm the position. I reasonably confident we will get out early Tuesday and will speak further on Sunday. If Simon gets early confirmation that RSG is shut then I will book tee times and advise. Looking at lunch after 18 holes as the food option.

What size deposit do they need? What would that work out if we split it equally??

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Banned
Visit site
I know its not overly helpful with your planning, but at the moment my 2 friends have every intention of coming down Monday afternoon and playing on Tuesday unless the weather takes a serious turn for the worse over the weekend/early Monday

Blue in Munich

Visit site
What size deposit do they need? What would that work out if we split it equally??

The numbers we're looking at I'd have to drop £160 to secure enough places. They are reasonably confident that there's not going to be a rush of bookings between now and then, and we're seeing them on Sunday so we may get a better response when we are face to face and handing over a large lump of cash.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
probably the only saving grace is that we should have the courses to ourselves, nobody else will be bloody mad enough to be outdoors !

RCP told me that they get busy when RSG closes as any one wanting to play then goes to there or Princes

Blue in Munich

Visit site
Is there space for one more?

Given that i was having the day off any way for RSG would be a shame to waste it ...

BiM
PieMan
Fish
Rosecott
Badger
jobr1850
2blue
Swingalot
94tegsi
Dando - as for food I am equally happy if I have to have another breakfast or wait and have lunch
Not sure what my 2 guests are planning on doing at the moment but will confirm as soon as I hear from them
backwoodsman

Welcome aboard. :thup:

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
BiM
PieMan
Fish
Rosecott
Badger
jobr1850
Swingalot
94tegsi
backwoodsman

Sorry BIM ... journey time/disruption etc means I'm OUT for the Tues golf

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Sorry BIM ... journey time/disruption etc means I'm OUT for the Tues golf

There's only a 30 minute variable, tee's originally from 08.30 at RSG and now here if we end up at princes with the new 9 holes, from 09.00?

Knowing the dining experience at RSG, I'd even say that even with slightly later tee times at Princes we'll still be finished and away earlier than we would be at RSG.

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
There's only a 30 minute variable, tee's originally from 08.30 at RSG and now here if we end up at princes with the new 9 holes, from 09.00?

Knowing the dining experience at RSG, I'd even say that even with slightly later tee times at Princes we'll still be finished and away earlier than we would be at RSG.

That's as maybe, however, my highly refined 6th sense is telling me that, under the circumstances, it makes very good sense to gain 6hrs of travel time during daylight hours.
One learns to stay one step ahead... like... have just filled up with neat screen-wash.... packed the snow-chains.... sleeping-bag etc Hav :De taken out.. shorts & t-shirt..... see you'se soon