Kent Links Tour; Princes on Tuesday

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
One learns to stay one step ahead... like... have just filled up with neat screen-wash.... packed the snow-chains.... sleeping-bag etc Hav :De taken out.. shorts & t-shirt..... see you'se soon

I did the same the other day when the advice was to take a shovel, boots, snow chains, flask with hot drink and some food, de icer, hat, gloves, spare can of fuel, scraper and maps - I looked such a wally on the bus !

wookie

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Just spoken to them; they see no issue in getting us out between 9 and 10 on Tuesday and including the Himalayas lop. However they won’t hold a tee time without a deposit and I’m reluctant to shell out until RSG confirm the position. I reasonably confident we will get out early Tuesday and will speak further on Sunday. If Simon gets early confirmation that RSG is shut then I will book tee times and advise. Looking at lunch after 18 holes as the food option.

Have just spoken to RSG and they are saying no go so you may as well crack on with this Richard

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Gents,

I have just booked 8.30, 8.40 & 8.50 on the Dunes/Himalayas combo; deposit has been paid, they are ours and if there is sufficient interest then 9.00 is currently free. It would help no end if I can confirm exactly who is coming. So far I have:

Definites;

BiM

PieMan
Fish
Rosecott
Badger
jobr1850
Swingalot
94tegsi
mikejohnchapman
Dando
backwoodsman

Possibles;

Dando's mate
Dando's other mate

Anyone else please add yourself to the list with the usual cut & paste anyone now not doing it please amend. Thanks. I'd like to have a definitive list for tomorrow so that we can confirm everything then. It's too close to start buggering about with bank details so it will need to be cash to me on the day.

Last edited:

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Gents,

I have just booked 8.30, 8.40 & 8.50 on the Dunes/Himalayas combo; deposit has been paid, they are ours and if there is sufficient interest then 9.00 is currently free. It would help no end if I can confirm exactly who is coming. So far I have:

Definites;

BiM

PieMan
Fish
Rosecott
Badger
jobr1850
Swingalot
94tegsi
mikejohnchapman
Dando
backwoodsman
Chrisd

Possibles;

Dando's mate
Dando's other mate

Anyone else please add yourself to the list with the usual cut & paste anyone now not doing it please amend. Thanks. I'd like to have a definitive list for tomorrow so that we can confirm everything then. It's too close to start buggering about with bank details so it will need to be cash to me on the day.

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Not sure if this is the right place to post- as if true, may affect the Sunday of the tour as well as Tuesday....

Played with someone today who had played Princes recently. He said that "one of the nines was being renovated" - he was not sure which nine but thought it was the Himalaya nine. When i said l was going on Tuesday he said "if you're going, it would be worth checking you're playing the two nines that aren't affected.

I got the impression it was three or four weeks ago he was there?
""

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Not sure if this is the right place to post- as if true, may affect the Sunday of the tour as well as Tuesday....

Played with someone today who had played Princes recently. He said that "one of the nines was being renovated" - he was not sure which nine but thought it was the Himalaya nine. When i said l was going on Tuesday he said "if you're going, it would be worth checking you're playing the two nines that aren't affected.

I got the impression it was three or four weeks ago he was there?
""

The Himalayas has been redesigned but I'm pretty sure it's fully open now

D

Deleted member 1418

Chrisd, Wookie, BIM - phenomenal effort guys what you've done to get us all playing some golf over the next 3 days; very much appreciated 👍👏👏

If it eventually ends up 1 day of golf then so be it - will still have been an enjoyable and memorable trip.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Chrisd, Wookie, BIM - phenomenal effort guys what you've done to get us all playing some golf over the next 3 days; very much appreciated 

If it eventually ends up 1 day of golf then so be it - will still have been an enjoyable and memorable trip.

Cheers mate, much appreciated. :thup:

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Got here an hour ago.... tough enough standing in the current wind, let alone swinging a club...

You've traveled the night before, bit keen aren't we? Your only 2.5hrs max drive away, you'll be looking for a range and practice area to warm up next :whistle: