Kent Links Tour; Princes on Tuesday

D

Deleted member 21258

I decided to leave straight after golf yesterday to pick up Joanne in Essex and head home and not stay for the meal or tuesday, felt a bit rude doing it tho:eek: but given the weather forecast didn't wish to risk it. Snowing here but only a light covering so far.

Hope the midlands/north lads like fish and 2blue, managed to get back all okay, have a good drive and take care chaps.

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Yes good work Richard - I’m sure Princes will be fine with the deposit.

Looking at the travel news and the traffic jams showing on my maps app I think I’m going to hold off for a while before leaving rather than go and sit in it.

Doing the same..... traffic delays seem to be easing on google maps & those final, numerous whiskys with Charlie & Simon, being diluted with coffees ... still in my room at Kings trying to decide M2 or M20..... not to choose. Will try ringing Fish as I saw he left 90mins ago heading W.
Need a good run thro Kent as Google currently saying 6hrs Home.
Good luck to all travelling

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Doing the same..... traffic delays seem to be easing on google maps & those final, numerous whiskys with Charlie & Simon, being diluted with coffees ... still in my room at Kings trying to decide M2 or M20..... not to choose. Will try ringing Fish as I saw he left 90mins ago heading W.
Need a good run thro Kent as Google currently saying 6hrs Home.
Good luck to all travelling

I understand the M20 is blocked junction 9 to 8

Best of luck with the journey

User2021

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Thanks for everyone’s efforts in arranging the trip, thourghly enjoyable.

Roads are awful, I got off the m20 at Ashford to go a20.

Been hit hit head on, car possibly a right off, not driveable.

Farmer gave me me a lift to Charing near Ashford. Trying to get a train in to London then out again to get home.
But in some pain from the crash.

D

Deleted member 17920

Farmer gave me me a lift to Charing near Ashford. Trying to get a train in to London then out again to get home.
Blimey,

Hope you are OK.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site

That's awful, sorry to read that but I hope you're ok.

D

Deleted member 21258

OMG John :(, hope you are okay and get home all okay. Take care.

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Banned
Visit site
John, thats awful mate. Hope your not too badly damaged and get back home incident free.

on my journey the a2 had a few abandoned and crashed cars and there were the usual idiot drivers.

took about 2hrs 45 to get back so about an hour longer than normal but that was down to going cross country from the m20 to m2

thanks to those who arranged the games and to my playing partners who made 2 brutal rounds of golf enjoyable

Fish

Banned
Visit site
It’s a nightmare out here on roads.

Heard early on the radio & TV that the M20 & M2 were both buggered and warned to stay away so I headed away from the weather (I thought) West through Dover only to hit worse weather and loads of diversions due to more closed roads.

Ended up driving to Rye even though the A259 was almost impossible to drive on and the A21 was closed and I was forced down back roads through villages which were almost impossible to drive through.

Managed to get to the north part of the A21 10 miles south of the M25 now but it’s took nearly 3 hours and lots of scary moments sliding down hills unable to steer at the bottom of one of them into a fence, managed to reverse out and get back going again but navigating around all the abandon vehicles is hard, especially when your halfway down a hill, can’t stop and someone comes up the other way!

Just pulled over on the A21 to catch my breath as the concentration on those back roads was immense.

And it’s still bloody snowing heavy!

I’m hibernating over the winter in future.

Last edited:

94tegsi

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Just having a coffee at South Mimms services before jumping back on the M25 which seems ok at the moment.

Stuck in traffic and poor roads in the A/M20 for 90 mins or so. Seem to be making good progress now.

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. Safe journeys and I hope you’re feeling ok Jobr.

Keep your eyes on the roads fellas.

Martin

Fish

Banned
Visit site
5hrs to Beaconsfueld, stopped for a couple of Red Bulls for the final push.

Just read your post John, hope your ok pal.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site

Not good news. Hope you're ok

Badger

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Sorry to hear that John, hope you are ok. I managed to safely negotiate four hours of the M20/M26/M25 and got within half a mile from home before two idiots in front refusing to give way to one another on a steep hill led to me having to swerve left into a conifer bush to avoid them as there was no stopping, still not sure how the bloke behind missed me, he somehow pulled right into someone's driveway.

Big thanks to Richard, Chris & Simon for all their efforts which given the circumstances were even more considerable than usual, playing partners for the camoradery (particularly 2Blue for the Glayva halfway round Princes) and the King's Head crew for two enjoyable evenings.

wookie

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Hope youre OK John - nightmare end to the trip.

I've just landed having taken the option of heading West from Dover as well. Went pretty much all the way along to Brighton and then up which was an extra 40 miles or so but relatively safe and no traffic issues.

Thanks Chris for organising yesterday - enjoyable despite the weather and a good laugh in the Kings Head last night.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Just home, 7 friggin hours, I’ll post some pics off my dash cam of what seemed like being in a slowmo of the Lombard Rally, every time I got to an island of the A21 the police wouldn’t let me on so had to go through more villages and B back roads which were a nightmare, I averaged 15mph for about a 40 mile detour, should have gone all the way to Brighton but thought it ok once I got to Rye to head north.

Dent in my nearside wing from a fence post I slid into and all my bumper scratched from reversing out whilst spinning & sliding.

What a journey 😜

Swingalot

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Just home, 7 friggin hours, I’ll post some pics off my dash cam of what seemed like being in a slowmo of the Lombard Rally, every time I got to an island of the A21 the police wouldn’t let me on so had to go through more villages and B back roads which were a nightmare, I averaged 15mph for about a 40 mile detour, should have gone all the way to Brighton but thought it ok once I got to Rye to head north.

Dent in my nearside wing from a fence post I slid into and all my bumper scratched from reversing out whilst spinning & sliding.

What a journey 😜

Glad to hear your home safely :thup:

Sounds like you had a more near misses than that Titliest with the blue Fish marking had around RCP, which is saying something. :whistle:

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site

So sorry to hear that - at least you're not badly hurt by the sound of it - hope there were trains running.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Glad to hear your home safely :thup:

Sounds like you had a more near misses than that Titliest with the blue Fish marking had around RCP, which is saying something. :whistle:

With the help on a couple of holes from some ‘Eagle’ eyed partner/s, that 1 ball made it all the way around 😎🏌️

But what a round of 2 halves, it felt like I couldn’t miss a fairway on the front 9, other than not making it over that large mound to the dog legged green in front of the sea, but once I’d sat down in the halfway hut and had the coliflower soup, my legs were like jelly and just couldn’t get going again!

Great company though Rupert, thank you 👍👏

D

Deleted member 1418

Sorry to hear your news John and hope you're ok. Glad to hear everyone else got home safely though, even with the odd scrape.

I ended up going to Dover and then sat nav sent me up the A20. Had lengthy delay just outside Charing due to an arctic not being able to get up a hill. Took it get very very easy. Then went on M20 around junction 8 and it was more or less empty. However driving conditions were awful and at one point I had a nice slide for about 20 or 30 metres before regaining control. Fortunately only other cars were a good way in front or behind and were driving as slowly as me.

Got to the Dartford Crossing worrying about M25, but once through the tunnel it was like arriving in a different country! Hardly any snow at all! Got home and hardly any left here - and sun was out!

Huge thanks to Rich, Chris and Simon for their efforts in getting 2 days golf.

I had a great time at RCP with Rich, Steve and Mark - excellent company in very trying conditions.

And to all at the Kings Head for another entertaining evening!