Kent Links Tour; Princes on Tuesday

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Well that was fun; NOT!! Nearly 3 hours from Princes to J8 services on the M20, quick pit stop and then another hour and fifteen to the golf club to sort out some bits, 45 minutes to get in from there via the petrol station and the car wash!! But at least home in one piece which is better than some; hope it's not too serious John. The number of idiots running down the closed lane of the M20 had to be seen to be believed. :angry:

Thanks for all the kind words regarding the organisation; it's made easy when you all pay up as you promise and aren't hard work to deal with, so my thanks to you all for that. :thup: Princes coughed up the deposit I'd paid without any problem so we're all good there, my thanks to those who made offers to ensure I wasn't out of pocket. Further thanks to all my playing partners for their good company and some excellent golf under very trying conditions and the Kings Head crowd; I'll be changing accommodation next time, I hear room 3 is good....... :whistle: Looks like you'll have someone else looking after you in November; nothing anybody's said or done, I'm just planning to be in warmer climes on the rearranged date, be sorry to miss it but wish you all the best for November and looking to be back with you next year.

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Thanks for everyone’s efforts in arranging the trip, thourghly enjoyable.

Roads are awful, I got off the m20 at Ashford to go a20.

Been hit hit head on, car possibly a right off, not driveable.

Farmer gave me me a lift to Charing near Ashford. Trying to get a train in to London then out again to get home.
But in some pain from the crash.

Sounds nasty John... hope things turn out ok.

The final nights, very pleasant extended whisky session, to near mid-night, with Charlie & Simon, ensured I couldn't leave till late in the morning after many sobering coffees.

For me the 'Escape from Kent' was completed in 6hrs leaving at 11am, at an average of 48mph... Temperature never rising above -1C
Needed just 2 toilet breaks..... one a 'mobile relief' in standing traffic near Dartford (must remember to dish-wash that drinks bottle!!)... the 2nd more conventional one during a coffee stop on M11.
Just a smattering of snow in Leeds...Leeds Snow.jpg

The car looks as though its just completed a stage of the Mont Carlo Rally with a number plate that should give me a free trip through the Dartford Tunnel or do they also scan the rear??...... Snowy No. Plate.jpg

Many thanks to our organisers for their endless efforts to ensure a memorable trip in more ways than just golf.

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I'll be changing accommodation next time, I hear room 3 is good....... :whistle:

It must be very good as we never saw Robin again when he disappeared early after the 'Late-afternoon, Youth-club' few beers..... good job some of us oldies turned out for the Main-session & 'lock-in 'till midnight :whistle: :rofl:

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Sorry to hear John's story. Hope you're ok mate?

Left home (south London) at 6:10 this morning heading for Princes, took about 40 min to get near Sittingbourne and with weather closing in, decided not worth heading onwards. Sadly missed my first exit off the M2 so continued to next. A mere 5 1/2 hours later I'm back in south London. Overall, 6hours ten min for a 70mile trip. And quite frankly, the roads weren't all that bad really. Our friends from the northern reaches of these isles will be having a quiet chuckle - again!

Fish

Banned
Visit site
It must be very good as we never saw Robin again when he disappeared early after the 'Late-afternoon, Youth-club' few beers..... good job some of us oldies turned out for the Main-session & 'lock-in 'till midnight :whistle: :rofl:

So you had an afternoon nap, emptied your incontinent bags and changed your rubber sheets then decided to come downstairs about 7pm after I’d been in the bar since we left RCP early afternoon and they wonder why seniors get a rough ride 😜

My absence wasn’t intentional, I wrongly laid down for a minute and woke up on the bed fully clothed at 3am 😟

Can’t believe you got back in 6hrs and left at 11am, I left at 8.30 & took me 7hrs, I reckon I was still on some Kent back roads trying to get on the A21 at 11am 😡

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
Can I add my thanks to all who moved heaven and earth to make the weekend happen. The golf I managed to get in between the bouts of awfully cold weather were surprisingly enjoyable. 2Blue and I, at 10.45 this morning, sorted out our routes home and they worked out quite well - head in the direction of Ramsgate and see what happens. I have to have more pit stops than him but managed to get home in only an hour more than I took to get to Deal on Sunday. Low spot was when I had my first leak stop on M2 and asked an AA man what was it like going towards London - all seems to be clear he said. A mile after I rejoined M2 I was stationary for 25 minutes. Still got home without incident - sorry to hear others were not so lucky. Enjoyed the company but could have done with more golf.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I got up at 06.10am looked out of the window, text BIM that I wouldn't risk leaving the house as my house is in a village with some hills to navigate. Went back to bed and never left the house all day.

Stayed much warmer than I managed on Sunday and Monday 😁

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Here's the roads I was contending with, the A259 wasn't much better but I went north too quickly at Rye not knowing the A21 was closed so got stuck on back roads going from village to village until I could access the A21 10 miles south of the M25 only managing to drive between 10-20mph.

[video=youtube_share;OKbg1n1sXTg]https://youtu.be/OKbg1n1sXTg[/video]

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Well looking out of my window this morning it's a good job we were cut short because the lot that's come down overnight would have us in serious bother on top of yesterday's offering.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Some pic's, I didn't take as many as I usually do on the courses as you didn't want to take your gloves off for that long or your fingers went numb!

IMG_4050.jpg

IMG_4050.jpg

IMG_4051.jpg

IMG_4053.jpg

IMG_4054.jpg

IMG_4055.jpg

IMG_4056.jpg

IMG_4057.jpg

IMG_4058.jpg

IMG_4059.jpg

IMG_4061.jpg

IMG_4062.jpg

IMG_4063.jpg

IMG_4064.jpg

IMG_4065.jpg

IMG_4069.jpg

IMG_4071.jpg

IMG_4072.jpg

IMG_4074.jpg

IMG_4075.jpg

IMG_4077.jpg

IMG_4079.jpg

IMG_4081.jpg

IMG_4082.jpg

IMG_4083.jpg

IMG_4084.jpg

IMG_4085.jpg

IMG_4086.jpg

IMG_4087.jpg

IMG_4089.jpg

Last edited:

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Well looking out of my window this morning it's a good job we were cut short because the lot that's come down overnight would have us in serious bother on top of yesterday's offering.
Oh yes.... I’d have never made it home if travelling late yesterday or today as heavy snowfall has finally hit Leeds so course shut today!!

User2021

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Finally got home at 5pm last night.
After leaving the Kings Head at 8am for a journey Monday morning took 90mins.

Just off the A21 north of Ashford a guy hit me head on, both my side airbags deployed at the front is badly damaged.
Got a farmer to give me a lift to the nearest station with a golf bag and 3 other bags.
Most trains cancelled.
After an hour managed to get to Ashford International and to be met with more cancellations.

Eventually got a train to london that 20 mins in broke down with brake failure, after a 90 min delay finally another train arrived.
Eventually got in to London.
More changes to get a train back to Redhill and finally a cab home.

Despite a day from hell, I really enjoyed the golf and the evening in the Kings Head.

Thanks to all the organisers of the 3 games and to everyone for making me feel so welcome.

Hopefully trying to get the car recovered in the next few days by the insurance company, but forecast isn't great.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Finally got home at 5pm last night.
After leaving the Kings Head at 8am for a journey Monday morning took 90mins.

Just off the A21 north of Ashford a guy hit me head on, both my side airbags deployed at the front is badly damaged.
Got a farmer to give me a lift to the nearest station with a golf bag and 3 other bags.
Most trains cancelled.
After an hour managed to get to Ashford International and to be met with more cancellations.

Eventually got a train to london that 20 mins in broke down with brake failure, after a 90 min delay finally another train arrived.
Eventually got in to London.
More changes to get a train back to Redhill and finally a cab home.

Despite a day from hell, I really enjoyed the golf and the evening in the Kings Head.

Thanks to all the organisers of the 3 games and to everyone for making me feel so welcome.

Hopefully trying to get the car recovered in the next few days by the insurance company, but forecast isn't great.

Pitty you didn’t have my number, I couldn’t have been far behind you and being in the van I could have sorted you out and got you home.