Princes or Littlestone

Canary_Yellow

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I missed this thread coming back to life a couple of weeks ago.

To complete the story, I did choose Princes over Littlestone and it was great. Played on a sunny but windy Friday afternoon in mid-Sept.

The changes that have been made since I last played it in 2013 are excellent.

The condition of the course was very good - some of the fairways had suffered, in the same way that fairways everywhere seem to have, but links golf is that bit more rugged anyway so it didn’t detract from the experience. The green complexes and tees were all immaculate.

The hospitality was also excellent - good welcome in the pro-shop, good food for brekkie and lunch, and a very good grass driving range for a warm up. A thumbs up from me.

EDIT: Only gripe was pace of play. We played Dunes in the morning and Shore and Himalayas in the afternoon. The afternoon 18 holes was too slow - lots of four balls out, but still that’s no excuse for the speed they were getting round. Fortunately, they stopped their round at the lodge so the last few holes were a bit quicker, otherwise it would have been a five hour round. I’m not someone that wants to rush round a course, but waiting to play every shot got a bit tiresome