3rd time's the charm... Princes November

• Thread starter Deleted member 25172
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 25172

It is next to impossible to get my regular playing partners to even reply to a suggestion of playing somewhere else than our home track, so was wondering if anyone on here would be keen to do the Princes winter deal (Sunday to Monday) together with me.

The forum meets have had it's fair share of bad weather down the Kent coast, but 3rd time is the charm as they say.

Cost for the deal is £109, and includes the following:

2 rounds of golf, accommodation in the lodges (twin rooms), breakfast on Monday morning and 2 course bar menu dinner on Sunday night.

No fussing about. In or out.

Dates in question for arrival would be on Sunday 3rd November, Sunday 10th November or Sunday 17th November.

If you're interested, let me know which date would suit you and I'll check availability and we could take it from there.

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
3rd is a no go for me as I’ve got the pleasure of driving to Cosford to collect my step daughters belongings that weekend

D

Deleted member 25172

Bosh - a 4 man strong forum mini meet is booked!

Bring on the wind, rain, snow and hail. We’re ready for it!

D

Deleted member 25172

Well if anyone should be used to it then it should be you, or have you become a southern softie since you moved? 😁

Me and cold have never been friends, and will never be. My hands turn purple/blue/red already at 8+ degrees!

D

Deleted member 25172

2 days of near perfect weather, but not so perfect golf, down in Kent finished. A bit breezy (ok, a little bit more than breezy, but nowhere near what it was during last years forum meet) today, but given how it was looking this morning when the rain was out in force, all good.

Only disappointment for the 4 of us, besides our own golf, was that the greens were not great as they had been hollow tined and sanded so bobbly and wobbly. The condition of the course was great besides that, so all in all it really is a great deal you get for your money.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
2 days of near perfect weather, but not so perfect golf, down in Kent finished. A bit breezy (ok, a little bit more than breezy, but nowhere near what it was during last years forum meet) today, but given how it was looking this morning when the rain was out in force, all good.

Only disappointment for the 4 of us, besides our own golf, was that the greens were not great as they had been hollow tined and sanded so bobbly and wobbly. The condition of the course was great besides that, so all in all it really is a great deal you get for your money.

Glad you enjoyed it but didn't they tell you about the greens when you booked ?

D

Deleted member 25172

Glad you enjoyed it but didn't they tell you about the greens when you booked ?

Nope, not a word about it. I mean, we weren’t too fussed about it to be honest, but the people playing the pairs comp at Cinque, St George’s and Princes this week and have paid £300 per person may not be too impressed I can imagine.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Nope, not a word about it. I mean, we weren’t too fussed about it to be honest, but the people playing the pairs comp at Cinque, St George’s and Princes this week and have paid £300 per person may not be too impressed I can imagine.

It seems typical of some of the bigger courses and totally out of order imo

D

Deleted member 25172

It seems typical of some of the bigger courses and totally out of order imo

Little bit like Royal Cinque last year who “forgot” to tell you about irrigation works being carried out so that we had to play the same hole twice in order to get 18 holes. If it’s just communicated properly, there’s never a problem really.

94tegsi

Assistant Pro
Visit site

Maybe playing off the whites in those conditions was a bit optimistic! Good couple of days!

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Little bit like Royal Cinque last year who “forgot” to tell you about irrigation works being carried out so that we had to play the same hole twice in order to get 18 holes. If it’s just communicated properly, there’s never a problem really.

Absolutely, and especially as the hole that was supposed to be closed wasn't being worked on !

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site

Have to wonder why they do it at this time of year. We moved out last one forward to ensure enough growth to get over it. Given the winter forecast it sounds a bit risky.