Gainsborough reunion

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
I intend to hold my swansong forum meet at Gainsborough in August next year.

This will be open only to those who have played in these events since Smiffy started them in the year dot.

The format will be 3 days Saturday/Sunday/Monday or Sunday/Monday/Tuesday with one round on arrival day, two on the second day, and one on the third day.

I would hope to fill the 8 twin rooms with the 16 players I have had the privilege to play with there in the past several years - apart from this year.

Come out of the woodwork and sign up.

full_throttle

Tour Winner
Visit site
this is looking doubtful due to holiday allocation, already got 2 weeks of golf and 2 weeks with the wife booked, so unless it's a bank holiday weekend I'm going to struggle

Leftie

Tour Winner
Visit site
I suppose that this proposed meet has died a death Jim. Great shame as it was one of the Forum classics. :cry:

Would still love to attend if there was any interest from others (I could possibly get Dhan and maybe Andy/Craig interested). Would hate not sharing a final bottle of red at a golf club with you.

LIG

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Where's LIG when you need him????
:oops::oops::oops:
Eh?? Wha??

Just 'aving a litol lie in! 🥱😴😴😴

I suppose that this proposed meet has died a death Jim. Great shame as it was one of the Forum classics. :cry:

Would still love to attend if there was any interest from others (I could possibly get Dhan and maybe Andy/Craig interested). Would hate not sharing a final bottle of red at a golf club with you.

Hello there, Jim.
If this is going to happen I will probably (certainly) be putting my name "on ze listt".

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
Eh?? Wha??

Just 'aving a litol lie in! 🥱😴😴😴

Hello there, Jim.
If this is going to happen I will probably (certainly) be putting my name "on ze listt".

Sadly, there was not quite enough interest to go ahead and book. However, after 3 years of trying to retire after 24 years doing the job, I have told my committee that 2023 is it. I will, of course, carry on playing and maybe I will have the time and energy to organise it for 2024.

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
I think you gave the impression that it was to be for a selected few long-serving members of the forum. Nothing wrong with that - seems a valid idea to me.

As a baby on the forum, but an obvious old-phart, I would be very interested in attending to make up the numbers.