3rd time's the charm... Princes November

• Thread starter Deleted member 25172
  • Start date

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
How did you find the course? I played all 3 nines in the summer (when we had that freak rain) 36 holes over 2 days playing one 9 twice

Highlight for me was the 18th hole on first day

Smashed a drive 220 down the middle

Smashed a hybrid to just 5 yards short of the green

It was then we realised we had played the 9th again lol only because it was peeing down we kinda lost ourselfs lol

Mucked up the real 18th ofc

D

Deleted member 25172

How did you find the course? I played all 3 nines in the summer (when we had that freak rain) 36 holes over 2 days playing one 9 twice

Highlight for me was the 18th hole on first day

Smashed a drive 220 down the middle

Smashed a hybrid to just 5 yards short of the green

It was then we realised we had played the 9th again lol only because it was peeing down we kinda lost ourselfs lol

Mucked up the real 18th ofc

I really like it, with the Himalayas being the favourite of the 3 loops. Been there 4 times now I believe and I can never remember which is the correct finishing hole of the Shores/Dunes so I can really see that happening in those conditions!

It’s obviously not the best links course by any means, but it is for my wallet, and as it was the first links course I’ve ever played, I think it’s a little bit of a “first love” kind of thing.

Don’t know if you’re aware, but they’re doing an open down there on Monday 25th May (bank holiday). £125 for 2 rounds competitive golf and dinner after, accommodation in the lodges including breakfast and a practice round the day before. Unbelievable value if you ask me. Max handicap of 14 to enter. Hope to see a few forumers down there for that one.