Rory McIlroy

medwayjon

Tour Winner
www.snodhurstcarsales.co.uk
What do we reckon???

Missing the cut in France, not having a great season at all and low down on the money list (90th) is not exactly what a lot of people were expecting from him.

I think that the weight of expectation and the hype surrounding him has done him to be honest.

Ken_A

Tour Rookie
Visit site
What about Justin Rose - We could not imagine how hard it must be for those players - even the travelling and hotels would kill me never mind the climate and time changes they need to get used too.

andycap

Head Pro
Visit site
obviously very talented, following along the lines of Justin Rose turning pro and then stuggling . But he came good in the end , hope he does the same but better!

theeaglehunter

Tour Winner
Visit site
he's one for the future. I for one was not expecting great things this year, he is still pretty much a raw talent. Give him a few years with some of the top coaches and he will become a champ.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
As always in this country we build up a new young sportsstar and when they don't become No 1 within 6 months they're written off.
The transition from exceptional amateur to sucessful pro is as wide a gap as it comes - ask Gordon Sherry for example.
Give Rory a few years on the circuit - even losing his card and getting it back at Q-school and he'll be up there.But if we keep expecting miracles like the back end of last season he'll tumble in to obscurity as quickly as he arrived. Take your time young fella - the world is ready but you're not - not yet......

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
Is he on the right tour? Not sure if there is an intermediate stage on the European tour as in the US PGA with the Nationwide but I'm not sure going from amateur to the full spotlight does them any favours. Problem of course is that this is where their sponsors want them.

billyg

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Can't help drawing a comparison between McIlroy and Andy Murray - both got bags of talent and potential world beaters. Just need a few more years and a little bit of fine tuning to bring the best out.

Give the lad a chance and well have lots to enjoy i'm sure.