Rory doesn’t care? Tiger finished?

D

Deleted member 15344

Oh no he won't!!
Mores the pity, he really is a strange golf fan but it takes all sorts.

Sorry can you explain how i am a "strange golf " fan

Whilst driving in tonight Talksport were actually talking about Woods and multiple people were phoning to say that they have switched off because of the wall to wall coverage of Tiger Woods - watching golf over the past 5 years has been far more enjoyable without the focus on one person - by wanting that to continue and wanting the coverage to not be dominated by one person that makes me strange ? There have been plenty of times over the past couple of weeks were i have switched off the golf because of the dominance in the media of one person .

User101

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site

Whilst driving in tonight Talksport were actually talking about Woods and multiple people were phoning to say that they have switched off because of the wall to wall coverage of Tiger Woods - watching golf over the past 5 years has been far more enjoyable without the focus on one person - by wanting that to continue and wanting the coverage to not be dominated by one person that makes me strange ? There have been plenty of times over the past couple of weeks were i have switched off the golf because of the dominance in the media of one person .

...and for every one that has turned off because of the Tiger coverage, probably 5000 have turned on because of it.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Ah talksport .. the sun of the radio world..

A joke

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Ah talksport .. the sun of the radio world..

A joke

Fair assumption. Frothy and throwaway radio with definite agendas. And I agree with Cabby that more will have tuned in over the weekend because of Woods than turned off (although maybe his estimation may be a tad excessive although difficult to quantify one way or another). I think golf and the interest in it will increase again now Woods is back. That has to be a benefit even if the majority only watch on TV then viewing increase and as someone once said "every little helps"

Del_Boy

Head Pro
Visit site

If you feel that strongly about it ping a note To Jeremy CEO of Sky jeremy.darroch@bskyb.com I’m sure if the backlash is huge he’ll do his utmost to get the majority back on side so that the subs keep pouring into sky

User101

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Fair assumption. Frothy and throwaway radio with definite agendas. And I agree with Cabby that more will have tuned in over the weekend because of Woods than turned off (although maybe his estimation may be a tad excessive although difficult to quantify one way or another). I think golf and the interest in it will increase again now Woods is back. That has to be a benefit even if the majority only watch on TV then viewing increase and as someone once said "every little helps"

I mean in general in the US, if Tiger is at the sharp end, the viewing figures go through the roof.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site

During woods career, he has won 25% of tournaments he’s entered. Considering the amount of top 1p’s he has, it stands to reason that he was the main coverage in the past. So whilst atm it may seem a little excessive, those complaining about it in the past must have forgotten the reason. The leaders still get coverage now don’t they?

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
In the last 25 years. Yes!

Of all time? Impossible to say.

Players can only, at most, be the best of their generation.

Morris, Vardon, Hagen, Jones, Nelson, Hogan, Nicklaus, Woods.

None of us can possibly say who is the greatest ever.

I can and its a Mr Woods as far as I'm concerned.

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
Not sure it can! The dodgy bits have been fused together!

Spinal fusions can and do break down.

And having a spinal fusion puts even more pressure on the surrounding motion segments in the spine so they will wear out more quickly and be more prone to disc prolapses, degeneration etc than previously.

Tiger has always disregarded what is best for his body in his never ending quest to be the best. The marine training was the most extreme version of that but even now he is sacrificing his long term health and comfort to try to regain former glories.

His back WILL go again if he plays at this level consistently and the nature of spinal problems mean that they generally get worse each time.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
If most people agree that Tiger should ease off a bit to preserve his health and hit more fairways then you can guarantee that his 'team' know it as well and have advised him so. Yet he still thrashes away with the driver on full power.

In my opinion he's either so determined to beat Jacks' record he won't listen to the advice
Or, he's just a bit stupid.

Currently I am undecided

As for Rory........the best swing I have ever seen.

Del_Boy

Head Pro
Visit site
If most people agree that Tiger should ease off a bit to preserve his health and hit more fairways then you can guarantee that his 'team' know it as well and have advised him so. Yet he still thrashes away with the driver on full power.

In my opinion he's either so determined to beat Jacks' record he won't listen to the advice
Or, he's just a bit stupid.

Currently I am undecided

As for Rory........the best swing I have ever seen.

Or he just likes smashing the driver. His body upto him what he wants to do with it

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
Spinal fusions can and do break down.

And having a spinal fusion puts even more pressure on the surrounding motion segments in the spine so they will wear out more quickly and be more prone to disc prolapses, degeneration etc than previously.

Tiger has always disregarded what is best for his body in his never ending quest to be the best. The marine training was the most extreme version of that but even now he is sacrificing his long term health and comfort to try to regain former glories.

His back WILL go again if he plays at this level consistently and the nature of spinal problems mean that they generally get worse each time.

who says that Seal training is bad for your body?! These guys are the fittest in the world. It pushes it to its limits but who says that’s a bad thing. Those same mental lessons he’d have learnt are what took him to be IMO the greatest golfer ever.

how is he sacrificing his long term health? He’s fit, lean and mentally happier.....what should he be doing for his long term health? Taking up knitting?

im sorry to dig but people like yourself seem to have this view that he lives in the gym and is squatting while he sleeps....

i assume you’re in the ‘Rory has back issues because he works out’ camp too?

the probably sounds like an attack at you, I don’t mean it that way. Interested in your views that’s all.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Mendie, they will be the fittest in the world, along with other special forces personnel who frankly are all different human beings to the rest of us, but they may be that for an elite period. I doubt you stay in that job for 30 years. How does it work long term? I don't know but my gut instinct is that the work they do is not setting them for a relaxing retirement, it is about keeping them alive for the immediate, pushing their bodies to the limit. Tiger is a golfer wanting a long golf career and I am not sure elite forces training ticks that box.