Rory doesn’t care? Tiger finished?

Sports_Fanatic

Assistant Pro
Visit site
errm - solo 3rd place, 5 under, joint second best round of the day. If Rory hadn't put that run together at the end he would have been right in it.

Fair call, I think that as he was always one step behind Rory who had often wrapped the birdie up first it hid some of the play he had done. Still saw plenty and hopefully this stellar period for Rose continues.

D

Deleted member 16999

Oh it's not boring because Tiger's back - it's Tiger obsession that's tedious. And yes I know that the Sky viewing figures for this tournament were relatively very high - correctly I have no doubt put down to Tiger - but tell me again how that really benefits the golf that we on here play? Lot's more folks taking up the game or joining clubs? Hmmm - not so sure that there is much Tiger trickle down...(no please don't)
Ask guys in their late 20’s mid 30’s why they got into Golf? A lot will say because of Tiger and as me and others stated it was a comp in the US giving a US feed.
If we only discuss what benefits us on here you might as well pack in

D

Deleted Member 1156

All joking aside, I really do think that Woods needs to reign it in a bit or he is risking further injuries. Multiple back and knee operations already yet he still swings it absolutely flat out. No need to do that, just hit more club!

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
All joking aside, I really do think that Woods needs to reign it in a bit or he is risking further injuries. Multiple back and knee operations already yet he still swings it absolutely flat out. No need to do that, just hit more club!

People have been saying that for years. Not just the likes of us on a forum or down the local golf club. Ex pro's on tv, pundits etc. It would be a shame if he damaged himself further when he could reign in as you suggest. He is good enough to take that extra club, blimey he is Tiger Woods and can do most bits of golf better than the rest.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site

Er...What club is 'more club' than Driver? :confused:

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

You can't hit more club than your driver though. If anything he's already reigned his irons in.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site

Reign back the driver a bit and then take more club...
It would be a crying shame to see him work his butt off to get back to the sort of form that does win Majors only for his back or something else to give out as he's trying to hit it into next week...

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Modern golf has Tiger to thank for where it is today. He is the star name.

I was never a huge fan but respect him and I'm in awe of his achievements, but I have the "sitting down to watch golf buzz" back because Tiger is back and I want to see how he is doing and how he compares to the Tiger of old.

I don't think he's that far away, his holing out is still amongst the best on tour. Majors? Very possibly. Time will tell but I will not write him off.

D

Deleted Member 1156

There's always one :rolleyes:

As Ian quite rightly says, hit the driver a controlled 300 instead of an uncontrolled 320 then hit 1 more club into the green. It's not rocket science.

Sports_Fanatic

Assistant Pro
Visit site
The only annoyance I do have is not with the TV coverage, but the crowds a little to keen to cheer a Tiger shot. A few hit the green but long putts and they were still getting an almighty reception.

Del_Boy

Head Pro
Visit site
Think he has always just loved smashing the driver - don’t think he’ll ever lose that instinct. Just like Phil always wanting to play the big flop on short shots. Both probably think shall I play the safe shot? Sod I’ll go with my gut instinct

Captainron

Big Hitting, South African Sweary Person
Visit site
Modern golf has Tiger to thank for where it is today. He is the star name.

I was never a huge fan but respect him and I'm in awe of his achievements, but I have the "sitting down to watch golf buzz" back because Tiger is back and I want to see how he is doing and how he compares to the Tiger of old.

I don't think he's that far away, his holing out is still amongst the best on tour. Majors? Very possibly. Time will tell but I will not write him off.

Agree with this.

I will always cheer against him because he was always winning. No doubt he draws the crowds but following him around the course is a nightmare with the masses of people (Seen him at 5 Opens) but the upside is that the others groups can be viewed pretty easily

quinn

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Tigers the best player To have ever played the game, just enjoy watching him whilst you still can, personally reckon he’s got at least one major left in him

D

Deleted member 18588

Tigers the best player To have ever played the game

In the last 25 years. Yes!

Of all time? Impossible to say.

Players can only, at most, be the best of their generation.

Morris, Vardon, Hagen, Jones, Nelson, Hogan, Nicklaus, Woods.

None of us can possibly say who is the greatest ever.

SteveJay

Head Pro
Visit site
Sky are taking the host broadcasters feed, and in the US Tiger is news.

Absolutely......Sky don't have much say in the coverage, apart from odd bits here and there and interviews, so whilst I am not a massive Sky fan I think we need to accept that in the US Tiger is a real draw and this sort of coverage will continue whilst he is competitive.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Absolutely......Sky don't have much say in the coverage, apart from odd bits here and there and interviews, so whilst I am not a massive Sky fan I think we need to accept that in the US Tiger is a real draw and this sort of coverage will continue whilst he is competitive.

This has been said time and time again on numerous threads before and of course the hysteria was going to into a frenzy not only with Woods back, but with him playing rather well. Yes Sky have jumped on the bandwagon and led their coverage with what Woods had done etc but any broadcaster including the BBC would do the same as he's the big story. I expect both to do the same with their Masters coverage

quinn

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
In the last 25 years. Yes!

Of all time? Impossible to say.

Players can only, at most, be the best of their generation.

Morris, Vardon, Hagen, Jones, Nelson, Hogan, Nicklaus, Woods.

None of us can possibly say who is the greatest ever.

I can, it’s woods 😉