Rory doesn’t care? Tiger finished?

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
Mendie, they will be the fittest in the world, along with other special forces personnel who frankly are all different human beings to the rest of us, but they may be that for an elite period. I doubt you stay in that job for 30 years. How does it work long term? I don't know but my gut instinct is that the work they do is not setting them for a relaxing retirement, it is about keeping them alive for the immediate, pushing their bodies to the limit. Tiger is a golfer wanting a long golf career and I am not sure elite forces training ticks that box.

this is valid, but in the grand scheme of things, golf is not a long career.....

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
this is valid, but in the grand scheme of things, golf is not a long career.....

In the modern era he could have 30 years in elite tournaments before going up to the Seniors Tour if he so wished. That is pretty decent in terms of career length. That will not be every golfer, I can't see Rory lasting that long for example but Justin Rose could as his swing is relatively smooth.

I think everyone talking about TW and his back actually does so out of concern. It makes me wince when I see how hard he swings, he really does rip it. I get that helped bring him success but if he wants to go on longer he will / may have to box a little smarter.

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
In the modern era he could have 30 years in elite tournaments before going up to the Seniors Tour if he so wished. That is pretty decent in terms of career length. That will not be every golfer, I can't see Rory lasting that long for example but Justin Rose could as his swing is relatively smooth.

I think everyone talking about TW and his back actually does so out of concern. It makes me wince when I see how hard he swings, he really does rip it. I get that helped bring him success but if he wants to go on longer he will / may have to box a little smarter.

Thing is, I am Justin Rose has had multiple back issues as did Freddie Couples and Ernie Els

So I would suggest that Tempo of swing has little to do with Back injuries. Sean Foley on the other hand - great for a back injury

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
who says that Seal training is bad for your body?! These guys are the fittest in the world. It pushes it to its limits but who says that’s a bad thing. Those same mental lessons he’d have learnt are what took him to be IMO the greatest golfer ever.

how is he sacrificing his long term health? He’s fit, lean and mentally happier.....what should he be doing for his long term health? Taking up knitting?

im sorry to dig but people like yourself seem to have this view that he lives in the gym and is squatting while he sleeps....

i assume you’re in the ‘Rory has back issues because he works out’ camp too?

the probably sounds like an attack at you, I don’t mean it that way. Interested in your views that’s all.

He wore out his knee doing military training that was not conducive to the body a golfer needed.

He’s doing long term damage by continuing to put strain on his already patched up spine. Back problems like this NEVER go away. Ever. The spine does NOT regenerate. They’ve merely fused up the troublesome region which, as I said above, actually causes other areas to degrade more quickly. He is going to have severe problems with his back as an old man. Potentially very debilitating problems.

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
He wore out his knee doing military training that was not conducive to the body a golfer needed.

He’s doing long term damage by continuing to put strain on his already patched up spine. Back problems like this NEVER go away. Ever. The spine does NOT regenerate. They’ve merely fused up the troublesome region which, as I said above, actually causes other areas to degrade more quickly. He is going to have severe problems with his back as an old man. Potentially very debilitating problems.

I hate to be THAT guy, but tiger had knee surgery before he was ever on tour, so he’s had knee problems since a young age. Nothing to do with military training

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
I hate to be THAT guy, but tiger had knee surgery before he was ever on tour, so he’s had knee problems since a young age. Nothing to do with military training

His ACL problems were massively exacerbated by the military training to the point where he wore his ACL down to a tiny fraction of what is should have been. He did exercises he should never have been doing. You should read Hank Haney's book about his time with Woods where he discusses it all and explains the damage the military training did.

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
so we're all medical experts now?

I'm sure tigers team have got this.

No one is claiming to be an expert but some of us will have some level of knowledge in the fields, yes.

And you're completely disregarding the fact that he has time and time again ignored medical advice resulting in problems with his knees, his back, his addictions and I've no doubt other issues?

Tiger surrounds himself with yes men or ignores the no men.

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
No one is claiming to be an expert but some of us will have some level of knowledge in the fields, yes.

And you're completely disregarding the fact that he has time and time again ignored medical advice resulting in problems with his knees, his back, his addictions and I've no doubt other issues?

Tiger surrounds himself with yes men or ignores the no men.

how do you know he ignores the advice? in fact, how do you know what advice he's been given?

and finally. how do you know he surrounds himself with yes men?

HankMarvin

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Rory in trouble and not showing any of the form of last week. Coming down from a big win? Bad day? Streaky? But Uihlein should have been beatable even if he was a little off surely

Agree.

This should have been any easy match for Rory but looks like it a struggle, I mean 5 down with 5 to play is a whooping.

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
His ACL problems were massively exacerbated by the military training to the point where he wore his ACL down to a tiny fraction of what is should have been. He did exercises he should never have been doing. You should read Hank Haney's book about his time with Woods where he discusses it all and explains the damage the military training did.

ive read it 3x and even have a signed copy 😉

he had an operation in 94... you can’t get away from that.

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
how do you know he ignores the advice? in fact, how do you know what advice he's been given?

Exactly.

the man has 14 majors and 79 victories yet he’s made poor decisions 😂😂

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site

Well documented.

ive read it 3x and even have a signed copy

he had an operation in 94... you can’t get away from that.

The operation in '94 wasn't anything to do with an ACL rupture. When his ACL did need surgery, that was the time for him to STOP intensive training on it. He did NOT do that, he continued and ended up wearing it away to virtually nothing.

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
Exactly.

the man has 14 majors and 79 victories yet he’s made poor decisions

Regarding his long term health, yes he has. No one is talking about the impact it had on his golf BEFORE the way he looked after himself caused the problems.

I have no anti-Tiger agenda - I'm happy to admit he is BY FAR the best golfer the world has ever seen. It's sad that people hold Jack's major record over him as if it proves anything. Woods did it all at a time of much more competitive golf. Tiger is untouchable in terms of a golf career.

User101

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Woods did it all at a time of much more competitive golf. Tiger is untouchable in terms of a golf career.

That's subjective. You're suggesting that Tom Watson, Gary Player, Arnie etc etc weren't competitive ?? Come on fella listen to yourself, it could be argued that Tiger didn't compete in such competitive times as Jack.

I'd take a guess that you're under 40 years old ??