Rory doesn’t care? Tiger finished?

D

Deleted member 21445

I never thought I would say this as I thought he was completely finished but I do believe that Tiger Woods will win a tournament again.
Be very surprised if its another major (although not impossible) but a regular PGA tournament where the field might not be as strong.... Why not ?

If he stays healthy it right to presume he is only going to get better.

Swingalot

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
errm - solo 3rd place, 5 under, joint second best round of the day. If Rory hadn't put that run together at the end he would have been right in it.

Yep and he burnt the edge of more holes than anyone else watching last night, could easily have won it. I would actually tip Rose over Rory if they had the lead on the last day at Augusta, based on previous performances at that course.

D

Deleted member 15344

He came 2nd last week by 1 shot, he was contending after 15 holes on Sunday this week. How have you come to the conclusion that it is "very unlikely" that he wins a tournament this year? Your anti-Woods bias is hilarious, if someone was saying the same about Rory you'd be going off on one.

Well Rory has won 4 majors in the past 5 years as well as multiple other events , he has shown that he is more than capable of beating all the current top players - so when someone writes Rory off because of one poor season where he was injured is daft

Woods has gone through multiple operations including a massive back one and is showing that right now his driving is nowhere near the standard required - last week whilst he finished a shot back he didn’t ever look like he was going to win and the same yesterday - and I don’t see it any different in weeks and months to come , after the adrenaline wears off from the initial up of the comeback I can see him drifting backwards - remember it’s just an opinion

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
Well Rory has won 4 majors in the past 5 years as well as multiple other events , he has shown that he is more than capable of beating all the current top players - so when someone writes Rory off because of one poor season where he was injured is daft

Woods has gone through multiple operations including a massive back one and is showing that right now his driving is nowhere near the standard required - last week whilst he finished a shot back he didn’t ever look like he was going to win and the same yesterday - and I don’t see it any different in weeks and months to come , after the adrenaline wears off from the initial up of the comeback I can see him drifting backwards - remember it’s just an opinion

He had a putt on 18 to get into a playoff last week. How did he never look like winning?

Yant

Head Pro
Visit site
I think Woods' game looks fantastic. Only a matter of time before he wins again. He played some remarkable shots last week and although his driving continues to be the part of his game that he struggles with, his powers of recovery and his short game is more than good enough to combat it.

As for Rory, he just needed someone to free him up on the greens. Looks like big bad brad did the trick!

D

Deleted member 1147

I think Woods' game looks fantastic. Only a matter of time before he wins again. He played some remarkable shots last week and although his driving continues to be the part of his game that he struggles with, his powers of recovery and his short game is more than good enough to combat it.

As for Rory, he just needed someone to free him up on the greens. Looks like big bad brad did the trick!

I must have missed something - what does this relate to?

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
i can see tiger playing well at the masters. very forgiving on the long drives and tiger still putts very well. i just cant tune in if he does win to watch everyone dry humping his leg like a horny dog

D

Deleted Member 1156

I saw a few minutes of coverage at the golf club. Matsuyama was just off the green faffing about, Woods and Day were stood at the side chatting away. After several minutes Matsuyama played his shot. At that point the other two then started to look at their putts. Seriously, they could have saved 3 or 4 minutes just on that 1 hole alone. That is what is putting me off watching golf, nothing to do with all the Woods coverage :eek:

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
People are forgetting Sky don’t dictate the coverage. It’s done by the US channels which sky feed from.

the yanks love tiger more than I do, so no shock they’ll show him.

people saying tiger wasn’t in with a shot at any point yesterday are crazy... Rory just got hit a hit like when Schwartzel blitzed the field at the masters.

Phil - with regards to not competing at the Open, worthwhile remembering Tiger won 2 of his Opens at St. Andrews where there is little to no rough, and 1 at Royal Liverpool where he hit one driver all week.

i think if he took the route of stenson and left it in the bag he would’ve devastating again

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
People come on here and moan about Sky showing boring US PGA golf week after week, now it’s boring because Tigers back, would it of been exciting if the BBC had it on or is it like we’ve told time and time again Sky are taking the host broadcasters feed, and in the US Tiger is news.
If you don’t like it don’t watch it.

PS. It aint going to change anytime soon unless Tiger gets injured or isn’t playing in the event.

Oh it's not boring because Tiger's back - it's Tiger obsession that's tedious. And yes I know that the Sky viewing figures for this tournament were relatively very high - correctly I have no doubt put down to Tiger - but tell me again how that really benefits the golf that we on here play? Lot's more folks taking up the game or joining clubs? Hmmm - not so sure that there is much Tiger trickle down...(no please don't)

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site

I don't actually recall Woods playing shots any more remarkable than many other players...indeed I think the most remarkable I saw was DeChambeau's second to the 16th yesterday...after which he holded the eagle putt.

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
He came 2nd last week by 1 shot, he was contending after 15 holes on Sunday this week. How have you come to the conclusion that it is "very unlikely" that he wins a tournament this year? Your anti-Woods bias is hilarious, if someone was saying the same about Rory you'd be going off on one.

His anti Woods bias is almost as hilarious as your pro Woods bias.

The reality of this week was he got in a position to be 1 off the lead after 15 holes whilst the leaders were 3 or 4 back. He wasn't really contending up until that point and given he finished 8 behind the winner after starting 5 behind the leader would suggest he was never a serious contender to win in round 4.