Rory doesn’t care? Tiger finished?

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Tiger's hit some corkers this week but he's not some shockers too.
Looking like a pretty lame finish - has the head dropped after the OB..? Not sure either would have happened 5 years ago.
Encouraging stuff from him but there's a chink in that armour

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Tiger's hit some corkers this week but he's not some shockers too.
Looking like a pretty lame finish - has the head dropped after the OB..? Not sure either would have happened 5 years ago.
Encouraging stuff from him but there's a chink in that armour
Rory however today has the bit between his teeth. Long may this form continue

Sports_Fanatic

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I was thinking earlier today whether Tiger’s return is good for Rory. Just feels like he’ll have less pressure and focus on him allowing him tomplay better. Sure he’s been quoted in the past saying he couldn’t cope if he had Tiger fame and would never want it.

GaryK

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Maybe the only loser is the gambling punters! So many potential winners.

E/w bets on those that could win it over those that should win it. There is some very good value available at the moment. (eg Stenson at 40/1)
Much rather those longer odds than the shorter ones. (eg Tiger & DJ at 9/1).

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
I think it’s great that Tiger is fit, playing well and is in contention again.
It’s got to be good for Golf as no doubt everyone, even non golfers have heard of Tiger Woods.

However I’m not looking forward to the wall to wall TV coverage that concentrates solely on TW to the exclusion of all others.

Also great to see Rory back winning again, he looks sharp and the Masters in a couple of weeks time is looking tasty

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
Nope. Fact. Did the top four players in the world play or not?

:whoo:

I think yesterday he would have blown away whoever was in the field.

Even if those players had played and were better placed, he would have been 5th,
You cannot deny that he has hit form right before The Masters

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
I think yesterday he would have blown away whoever was in the field.

Even if those players had played and were better placed, he would have been 5th,
You cannot deny that he has hit form right before The Masters

Not arguing that he wouldn't have won. That is something that will never be known. I was just pointing out that I posted a fact that cannot be questioned and was accused of talking something rather naughty.

Incidentally I was given a warning for use of asterisks etc. I assume that the same treatment will be dished out to other "more established" forum users?

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Difference between Rory and Tiger at the moment is that Rory has the extra gear to push on and shoot mid-low 60s whereas Tiger seems to have lost that gear, or at least not rediscovered it yet.
Tiger's now 5 events into his season and he's not done badly.
Rory's 7 in and has won. Ok, he played a fair bit last year but most of it was with an injury and enforced lay offs so, although not entirely comparable, it's in a similar vein.
The rest of the top players also have this extra gear and, generally, they're not making as many bogeys as Tiger is.

Serious question.
How long is it until we can say Tiger no longer on the comeback trail and we can judge his performances properly against the rest...?