Golf adverts

howbow88

Hacker
Visit site
Have there ever been any good ones? I remember a couple with Tiger were quite good many years ago, but on the whole they seem to be bloody dreadful. The Workday one with Rory and Billy Idol is shocking, as are every single one that GolfNow and YourGolfTravel have ever produced.

GolfNow in particular make me not want to play golf ever again. I've played at Dunstanburgh Castle and it was great, but the advert they filmed there is worse than a missing a 1ft putt.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I'm not convinced there's ever been an advert for anything that has made me want to go out and buy/use the product/service
They're all crap!

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
Dunno what the ad is for but I think I'll spark up one of my pipes
Its for golf clubs made by The Bridgeport Gun Implement Co.
That might seem odd, but Browning did the same after all.

I have a Browning golf bag and 1,3,5 headcovers for woods, but no clubs. I know someone who has some Browning clubs - guess!

I've never actually heard of the BGI Co, but I really like the advert.

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I'm not convinced there's ever been an advert for anything that has made me want to go out and buy/use the product/service
They're all crap!
Oohhhh there has. You just dont know it. Why do you think the majority are buying Ping/Taylormade/Titleist/Callaway ?
You arent expected to rational go : 'I like the proposition expounded in that advert, I must get one of those'.
But its what forms the 'I do fancy upgrading to a Stealth this' type ideation.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Oohhhh there has. You just dont know it. Why do you think the majority are buying Ping/Taylormade/Titleist/Callaway ?
You arent expected to rational go : 'I like the proposition expounded in that advert, I must get one of those'.
But its what forms the 'I do fancy upgrading to a Stealth this' type ideation.
Oohhh no there hasn't....

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I remember one from many years ago. It starred Mickelson and it was during that time when he was a top player but hadn't won a major yet. I can't remember all the details, but the gist of it was that he got a glimpse of his future through a fortune telling mirror or something like that, and it showed him winning the elusive major, but also he had lost his hair, and he just goes "BALD?? I'm gonna be BALD??" Me and my parents used to crease up, dunno why, but we still remember it now. I do not remember what it was for though.

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Best Phil advert was him dancing for the buttoned up shirts. Bought a bunch of those shirts, but in hindsight not sure what I saw in them. Rarely wear them these days.

sunshine

Visit site
Have there ever been any good ones? I remember a couple with Tiger were quite good many years ago, but on the whole they seem to be bloody dreadful. The Workday one with Rory and Billy Idol is shocking, as are every single one that GolfNow and YourGolfTravel have ever produced.

GolfNow in particular make me not want to play golf ever again. I've played at Dunstanburgh Castle and it was great, but the advert they filmed there is worse than a missing a 1ft putt.

Rory and Billy have really let themselves down appearing in that one.

Most of the Tiger Nike ads are pretty good - all the early ones before his life went off piste.

Not a golf product, but the Hamlet ad with Russ Abbott in the bunker is a classic.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
I am guessing that TV ads are one of the least effective ways of advertising golf but we are being bombarded with other golf ads. Media reviews, youtube reviews through friendly or sponsored reviewers, basically nothing more than ads, what club pros use, what clubs Youtubers use, what they all wear, all advertising. I would be surprised if many forms of golf media that you consume are not aimed largely to seel you something, from Youtube channels to live coverage, the selling is everywhere. Not sure golf needs TV ads to back that up.