Robin Matthews-Williams

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Stumbled across this guy's channel and found myself watching quite a few of his videos. He will definitely polarise opinion on this forum I'm sure. I found myself inclined to agree with a lot of the things he says. Particularly on people confusing themselves with vast amounts of swing thoughts. He seems to advocate 'feeling the weight of the club' and finding your own natural swing - using techniques such as the 'no look shot'.

Here is the link - I wouldn't play the vids out loud if in polite company as he swears like a trooper - not something that bothers me but some of you have more sensitive ears.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmob9ihv8izaukO2JlSI0hA

This video might be a decent place to start, it kind of sums up what he's about I think:

I haven't yet tried the methods he puts forward, but I intend to at some point just so I can see for myself. He has videos and testimonies where it has worked for people. I think he is trying to create a bit of an edgy persona to stand out of course, but there are also plenty of truths in there. He has some scathing words about the PGA, and other YouTube golf channels. He has held my attention if nothing else.

What do you reckon? Any merit in the things he says or just a guy who likes his own voice? (Perhaps both.)

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
There is quite a lot of this "stuff" out there. Danny Willet "decluttered" his head/swing thought process.

Natural Golf
Instinctive golf

Google will bring up hits on those, no harm in looking and "exploring" this process.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
He signed up to this forum a couple of weeks ago iirc
Yeah I spotted that when I search to see if someone had already made a thread. I wasn't going to mention it though in case it caused anyone to modify their views in the knowledge that he might see it. :LOL: (I'm sure they wouldn't.) I don't think he's posted again since that day anyway though.

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Yea I quite enjoyed that ,seen hitting ball without looking before.

Biggest thing to take away from that is don’t think to much.

OnTour

Head Pro
Visit site
I like the content and have zero time for mars bar sellers who want £30-£50 an hour to teach. good luck if you can scam that price out of people. at least RMW gives the view from the inside and now the out !! helped me gain some confidence again after a shocking year !!! 4.8 to 7

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Just had another look that is actually the same video that I watched a few weeks ago, I tried hitting without looking before I played a round only tried it 3 times but didn’t connect with any, but I like the concept of just swinging right to left and holding the club very light.

inc0gnito

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I’ve seen one or two of his vids but unsubscribed. Haven’t watched many of his vids but he comes across as a bit of a ***, and self proclaimed Messiah. If he reigned in his holier than though attitude he would be more palatable. And although I don’t care about swearing, he gets on like a schoolboy trying to impress his mates.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
I’ve seen one or two of his vids but unsubscribed. Haven’t watched many of his vids but he comes across as a bit of a ***, and self proclaimed Messiah. If he reigned in his holier than though attitude he would be more palatable. And although I don’t care about swearing, he gets on like a schoolboy trying to impress his mates.

Wasn't very impressed with the one with the "chick"

Very staged and "hammed up".

If you like the natural golf stuff there are people out there that perhaps "come across better".

I'm not going to knock the guy and what he believes in as what he teaches and believes in May help golfers and I do believe their is some merit in what he preaches, also just not a fan of how he does it.

Wolf

Visit site
Whether you agree with him or not, I find him quite forthright and engaging.
Ok so having watched that video I found him a little irritating. His ideas are sound and I love the simplification of things idea and could get more from that but the incessant swearing without proper or decent context just detracts from what he is trying to get across. I can swear with the best of them and I'm not slightly offended by it, but it hugely dilutes his valid points and watch ability for so street cred...

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Ok so having watched that video I found him a little irritating. His ideas are sound and I love the simplification of things idea and could get more from that but the incessant swearing without proper or decent context just detracts from what he is trying to get across. I can swear with the best of them and I'm not slightly offended by it, but it hugely dilutes his valid points and watch ability for so street cred...
That's fair enough. The swearing doesn't phase me at all as my group of mates will probably swear just as much, so it goes over my head. I think it's just him being as natural as possible, but I get that some would see it as excessive. Like you, I'm intrigued by the theories he's putting forward.

Sweep

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
If I were him, I would be pretty fed up with that plane that kept flying overhead.
I tried the not looking thing a while back too. Didn’t work for me, but I will give him a watch.

Dogma

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Tried it for about 150 balls out of curiosity a few months ago.

Resulted in hitting them flush but with a massive hook.

Not for me I’m afraid but I can understand how it would benefit some people.

Not too sure on him attacking other YouTubers though if I’m honest. Think that’s a bit off, especially in the manner he does it.

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
Wasn't very impressed with the one with the "chick"

Very staged and "hammed up".

If you like the natural golf stuff there are people out there that perhaps "come across better".

I'm not going to knock the guy and what he believes in as what he teaches and believes in May help golfers and I do believe their is some merit in what he preaches, also just not a fan of how he does it.
Yep.

7924B3F7-F62A-4C11-BB5D-BED5C6F4FD60.png