• Friday 16th August 2019

Votes: 6 15.0%
  • Thursday 15th August 2019

Votes: 35 87.5%

• Total voters

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Please pay the £20 donation (registration) ASAP to confirm you are definitely playing 👍

This payment is to be paid directly to the Just Giving link in my signature, you are getting nothing in return for this so it's simply a ‘donation’ so you can add Gift Aid.

The £20 balance will then be collected on the day in cash to cover the meal & prizes.

We have already raised £1,745.00 (includes Gift Aid) before a golf ball has even been hit, and subsequently lost 😜

Last year in it's first term we raised £1,543.81 so we have now passed last years figure, and with a few more pledged donations to arrive, plus what we raise on the day through some raffles and challenges, it would be fantastic if we could stretch to that magical £2k mark for Karen's (Ricks wife) chosen charity, being the British Heart Foundation.

Places are still available should anyone like to play on the day, it's an open invitation with lots of great prizes to be won so should you wish to bring a guest/s, that’s fine.

Thank you and well done to everyone so far, I'm confident of another great days golf at Coventry Golf Club on August 15th where we will all enjoy and play a round of golf how Rick always liked to play, with a big smile on his face but still with a touch of competitiveness.

Should you wish to play or be involved in any way, please contact me.

Please cut & Paste to add your name below.

1/ Fish*#
2/ Upsidedown*x
3/ Twire*x
4/ Old Skier*x
5/ IainP*
6/ PIng*
7/ Crow*x
8/ adasko*
9/ GG26*x
10/ Coventry Professional
11/ Full_throttle*#
12/ Bigfoot*x
13/ Pokerjoke*x
14/ Grumpyjock*#
15/ Norris Radd*
16/ Mike Harris (Golf Monthly staffer)*
17. Jez Elwood (Golf Monthly staffer)*
18/ Bill Elliott (Golf Monthly) staffer*
19/ Nick Bonfield (Golf Monthly) staffer*
20/ RTR RS* (OS)
21/ RTR CW-J* (OS)
22/ RTR SP* (OS)
23/ RTR LW* (OS)
24/ Khamelion*x
25/ Kraxx*x
26/ Full_Throttle +1*
27/ Full_Throttle +2*
28/ Upsidedown +1*
29/ Upsidedown +2*
30/ Upsidedown +3*
31/ Rory Brookwater* TGN
32/ Dufferman*
33/ Rob Stokes (CGC Capt)
34/ Crow +1*x
35/ Mark Thomas CGC*
36/ Andy Thomas CGC*
37/ Michael Thomas CGC*
38/ Dave Roddis CGC*
39/ John Hale CGC*
40/ Jason Smith CGC*
41/ RTR WB* (OS)
42/ RTR CH*(OS)
43/ Bluewolf*
44/ NWJocko (TBC) Defending Champion :cool:
45/ Treeseeker
46/ Upsidedown +4*
47/ Gary Strain*
48/ Ben West*
49/ Hugh McGreevy*
50/ Liverbirdie
51/
52/
53/
54/

* Denotes £20 donation (registration) received.
# Denotes still have a ribbon.
x Denotes no ribbon.

Keep the payments coming please (y)

Last edited:

TreeSeeker

Assistant Pro
Visit site
No ribbon, since this will be my first forum meet of any size! And i've finally popped my donation through so can add a * when it lands.

Also, going to be travelling up on the day at some ungodly hour in the morning from SE London / Kent, and heading back either the same day, or the morning after. Can go via Dartford Cross then M1 or M25 then M40 Should have plenty of space depending on gear so drop me a pm if you're looking for a lift.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
No ribbon, since this will be my first forum meet of any size! And i've finally popped my donation through so can add a * when it lands.

Also, going to be travelling up on the day at some ungodly hour in the morning from SE London / Kent, and heading back either the same day, or the morning after. Can go via Dartford Cross then M1 or M25 then M40 Should have plenty of space depending on gear so drop me a pm if you're looking for a lift.

I'm down your way 3 times a week, I find coming clockwise back via M25-M40 the best, yes there's a few queues at times around Cobham but I doubt you'll clock them with an early start. The M1 still has miles upon miles of average speed cameras within roadworks, the M40 is the best way in for the club also to some degree, although we're pretty well accessible from all major roads as we're just off the main A46 or A45.

If you're going back down the M40 afterwards, you may be able to help Pete (Liverbirdie), see his earlier post.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
I'm just off to play in a Pro Am, so later tonight or early morning you'll all be receiving a message asking for your current handicap, obviously things might change over the next couple of weeks but it helps me get most of the cards ready.

Also if you need a buggy let me know so I can reserve them for you.

Plus if there are any fussy buggers with special diet requirements, again let me know (privately).

Thank you.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I'm just off to play in a Pro Am, so later tonight or early morning you'll all be receiving a message asking for your current handicap, obviously things might change over the next couple of weeks but it helps me get most of the cards ready.

Also if you need a buggy let me know so I can reserve them for you.

Plus if there are any fussy buggers with special diet requirements, again let me know (privately).

Thank you.

Rob, Treeseeker has kindly offered to give me a lift down to Oxford, so all systems go for me, so I'll get summat across to you.

Dietary requirements:- Double portions, please. :)

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Cheeky scouser alert!!!!

Anyone got room on their way back down south for 1 inc clubs/trolley, afterwards to Oxford area or A34, or even just down the M40?

I havent booked any part of the trip,hotel or anything else yet, but with the missus coming with me the whole schedule for the Thursday works better if she drops me off at Rob's course, and takes the car with her down to Blenheim. Happy to contribute to juice, also. (y)
Think you already have an option. It may be easier for me to oblige. Only complication is there is a small chance I may have to pull out at short notice. Unlikely I hope, looking forward to the day. Will update nearer the time.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Think you already have an option. It may be easier for me to oblige. Only complication is there is a small chance I may have to pull out at short notice. Unlikely I hope, looking forward to the day. Will update nearer the time.

Thanks Iain. Treeseeker has kindly offered to drop me at the hotel,as not too far from the motorway but thanks for putting yourself forward, anyway.(y)

BTW Is the ribbon a blue one, with white edges? If so, got mine.(y)

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Thanks Iain. Treeseeker has kindly offered to drop me at the hotel,as not too far from the motorway but thanks for putting yourself forward, anyway.(y)

BTW Is the ribbon a blue one, with white edges? If so, got mine.(y)

Yes mate, Huddersfield colours with ‘Shine on Rick’ on.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Need 3 possibly 4 helpers to do the following for me whilst I’m setting up the course.

H1/ Registration table, ticking people off, collecting the £20 cash, sell raffle tickets and hand out any ribbons etc.

H2/ Weather permitting we’ll have an inflatable dartboard, winning score receives 50% of the pot so need someone to manage that.

H3/ Collect score cards, ensure filled out correctly, separate guests from forumites and put in order for me, also collect nearest pin & long drive cards off the groups bringing them in.

H4/ General dogs body, help with anything that might rear it’s head on the day and support other helpers when required. (PIng)

Thank you.

Last edited:

PIng

Head Pro
Visit site
Need 3 possibly 4 helpers to do the following for me whilst I’m setting up the course.

H1/ Registration table, ticking people off, collecting the £20 cash, sell raffle tickets and hand out any ribbons etc.

H2/ Weather permitting we’ll have an inflatable dartboard, winning score receives 50% of the pot so need someone to manage that.

H3/ Collect score cards, ensure filled out correctly, separate guests from forumites and put in order for me, also collect nearest pin & long drive cards off the groups bringing them in.

H4/ General dogs body, help with anything that might rear it’s head on the day and support other helpers when required.

Thank you.

Happy to do the H4 role Robin. I have to drop the wife at work at about 7.30am so could probably be at the course for about 9 ish.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Just to remind everyone, this is a 11am shotgun, things are going on before so please be early to allow time to get to your respected tee.

Tee's and playing partners will be drawn at the weekend, only those with guests and who have paid to be with a GM staffer are being paired up as requested.

The format is Stableford full handicap and we are in 3-balls.

Any questions PM me.....