Votes: 6 15.0%
  • Thursday 15th August 2019

Votes: 35 87.5%

• Total voters

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Thank you for all your payments.

The £20 balance will then be collected on the day in cash to cover the meal & prizes.

We have already raised £1,845.00 (includes Gift Aid) before a golf ball has even been hit, and subsequently lost!

Last year in it's first term we raised £1,543.81 so we have now passed last years figure quite comfortably, and with a few more pledged donations to arrive, plus what we raise on the day through some raffles and challenges, it would be fantastic if we could stretch to that magical £2k mark for Karen's (Ricks wife) chosen charity, being the British Heart Foundation.

3 Places are still available should anyone like to play on the day, it's an open invitation with lots of great prizes to be won so should you wish to bring a guest/s, that’s fine.

Thank you and well done to everyone so far, I'm confident of another great days golf at Coventry Golf Club on August 15th where we will all enjoy and play a round of golf how Rick always liked to play, with a big smile on his face but still with a touch of competitiveness.

Should you wish to play or be involved in any way, please contact me.

Please cut & Paste to add your name below.

1/ Fish*#
2/ Upsidedown*x
3/ Twire*x
4/ Old Skier*x
5/ IainP*
6/ PIng*
7/ Crow*x
8/ adasko*
9/ GG26*x
10/ Martin (Coventry Pro)
11/ Full_throttle*#
12/ Bigfoot*x
13/ Pokerjoke*x
14/ Norris Radd*
15/ Mike Harris (Golf Monthly staffer)*
16/ Joel Tadman (Golf Monthly staffer)
17. Jez Elwood (Golf Monthly staffer)*
18/ Bill Elliott (Golf Monthly) staffer*
19/ Nick Bonfield (Golf Monthly) staffer*
20/ RTR RS* (OS)
21/ RTR CW-J* (OS)
22/ RTR SP* (OS)
23/ RTR LW* (OS)
24/ Khamelion*x
25/ Kraxx*x
26/ Full_Throttle +1*
27/ Full_Throttle +2*
28/ Upsidedown +1*
29/ Upsidedown +2*
30/ Upsidedown +3*
31/ Rory Brookwater* TGN
32/ Dufferman*
33/ Rob Stokes (CGC Capt)
34/ Crow +1*x
35/ Mark Thomas CGC*
36/ Andy Thomas CGC*
37/ Michael Thomas CGC*
38/ Dave Roddis CGC*
39/ Damien Darby CGC*
40/ Jason Smith CGC*
41/ RTR WB* (OS)
42/ RTR CH*(OS)
43/ Liverbirdie*
44/ Treeseker*
45/ Upsidedown +4"
46/ Gary Strain*
47/ Ben West*
48/ Hugh McGreevy*
49/ Bob Murray*
50/ Phil Harbord*
51/ Steve Moody*
52/
53/
54/

* Denotes £20 donation (registration) received.
# Denotes still have a ribbon.
x Denotes no ribbon.

Last edited:

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Although we have gained Joel Tadman from the Golf Monthly staffer team, we have also lost 2 forumites today, so if anyone is still contemplating on coming then please commit ASAP or if you are already attending and want to bring a friend, then please ask them and let me know ASAP.

Be great to get all the tee's loaded (54) or at least get 2 more players to have equal 3-balls on 17 tee's, come on, it'll be a great day for a great cause and all in the name of great forum legend, Rickg.

Thank you

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Lost another forumite today, so currently at 48 so 16 x 3-balls.

Unless I get 3 people to join us and play, I’m sticking with what we have now so I don’t have any awkward 2-balls in the field.

If you want to play, find 2 other people to join you.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Only 1 tee time for 3 players left available for a full house to have all tee’s loaded.

Tee groups and starting tee’s to be announced around 6pm tonight.

Registration with bacon rolls & coffee from 9am.

Please be early, I want to try and enjoy the day also 👍

Kraxx68

Head Pro
Visit site
Only 1 tee time for 3 players left available for a full house to have all tee’s loaded.

Tee groups and starting tee’s to be announced around 6pm tonight.

Registration with bacon rolls & coffee from 9am.

Please be early, I want to try and enjoy the day also 👍

Coming from Newcastle with Khamelion, will be there sometime between 9 & 9:30... should be a fantastic day Robin, looking forward to catching up with you and the motley crew (y)

Fish

Banned
Visit site
11am Shotgun

Bacon rolls & coffee from 9am :)

Weather permitting: Inflatable dartboard, top score wins 50% of pot:cool:

Putting Competition: Win a Putter :eek:

Be early to take part in these or if you want to practice and warm up, PLEASE (y)

Runners & Riders

Hole 1: Mike Harris - Rob Stokes (CGC Capt) - Upsidedown

Hole 2: Twire - Alan Grant - Peter Heath

Hole 3: Old Skier - Frank Gardener - Bob Clarkson

Hole 4:

Hole 5: Kraxx - Khamelion - Pokerjoke

Hole 6: GG26 - Treeseeker - Stan Sergie

Hole 7: Joel Tadman - Adasko - Martin (CGC Pro)

Hole 8: Nick Bonfield - Norrin Radd - P1ng

Hole 9: Bill Elliott - Full Throttle - Bigfoot

Hole 10: Jez Elwood - Fish - Liverbirdie

Hole 11: Bob Murray - Phil Harbord - Steve Moody

Hole 12: RTR (RS) - RTR (CW-J) - RTR (SP)

Hole 13: RTR (LW) - RTR (WB) - RTR (CH)

Hole 14: IainP - Dufferman - Rory Brookwater

Hole 15: Gary Strain - Ben West - Hugh McGreevy

Hole 16: Crow - C McMillan - Barry Fox

Hole 17: Mark Thomas - Michael Thomas - Jason Smith

Hole 18: Andy Thomas - Dave Roddis - Damien Darby

** If you have anything knocking about that could be used in a raffle, please bring along to swell the prize table, or just a bottle of plonk (y):sneaky:

Thank you all for taking part, I'll see you all on Thursday.
Robin

Last edited:

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
We better win that thar Super cup on Wednesday night, otherwise I'm starting off on the 4th on my own.....;)

Looking forward to it Rob, and I'll bring a brand new putter cover with me for the prize table.(y)

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Well done Robin look forward to catching up and playing your course again.

Coming up with Twire so will help out if needed and if we are early enough:)

Had tree surgeons on it all day, Friday & Saturday it was like a tornado went through us, brought down some big trees and limbs, greens staff have got their work cut out over the next few days.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Stuff!

We are quite a forward thinking club, so here are the basic pointers for the day.

Dress Code: (Clubhouse)

Smart casual, jeans (not ripped style) are allowed, clean smart trainers are allowed, shirts (polo etc) must have a collar.

Towels are provided in the shower room

You can change shoes in the car park but we ask you to use the compressor to clean them first, not leave crap on the car park.

Mobile phones are allowed within the clubhouse to view on silent and/or text, calls must be taken in the reception area, stairs or outside.

Course Etiquette:

Golfing attire to be worn, tailored shorts (not cargo), any colour socks are allowed, please don't take buggies or trolleys between the green & green-side bunkers.

Please repair divots, we have plenty of divot bags, please take one if you can before going to your tee and fill back up as you navigate the course, please repair your pitch marks.

If looking for a ball (3 minutes) and players are waiting behind, please let them through to keep the course flowing, please pick up if you can't score.

Flags are Red (front), Yellow (middle) & White (back).

Format:

Stableford full handicap allowance.

Course condition:

We are still recovering in some areas from last years drought and have some bare patches, like many courses around the country still have. The high winds on Friday & Saturday brought some large trees and limbs down also, but we had tree surgeons on the course over the whole weekend cutting them up and removing them, but I would expect there to be some brash & debris still around on Thursday, the weather here over the weekend was pretty awful!

Our greens are good, not overly fast like last year but very true. I won't trick the course up on Thursday due to the mix of handicaps as I want everyone to enjoy the day, but we will be playing off the white medal tees, which IMO is easier than the yellows.

Buggy/Trike

You cannot bring the buggy or trike over the narrow bridge after playing the 12th, you must back track over the main bridge you crossed when playing the 11th, you can then cut through the green-keepers huts and join the 13th tee which is to the right of the 11th tee block as you stand on it.

Epilogue:

Please arrive in plenty of time and don't forget it's £20 cash at registration.

Bring plenty of change, there will be a raffle, a blackout, hopefully the inflatable dartboard, and a putting comp.

I look forward to meeting up with some new and old faces from the forum and their guests. Those playing with guests I expect you to be promoting the forum and meets like this ;)

Thank you
Robin