• Friday 16th August 2019

Votes: 6 15.0%
  • Thursday 15th August 2019

Votes: 35 87.5%

• Total voters

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Please pay the £20 donation (registration) ASAP to confirm you are definitely playing.

This payment is to be paid directly to the Just Giving link in my signature, you are getting nothing in return for this so it's simply a ‘donation’ so you can add Gift Aid.

The £20 balance will then be collected on the day in cash to cover the meal & prizes.

We have already raised £1,440.00(includes Gift Aid) before a golf ball has even been hit, and subsequently lost 😳

Last year in it's first term we raised £1,543.81, and with a few more pledged donations to arrive, plus what we raise on the day through some raffles and challenges, I am hopeful that we will surpass last years excellent maiden figure for Karen's (Ricks wife) chosen charity, being the British Heart Foundation.

Places are still available should anyone like to play on the day, it's an open invitation with lots of great prizes to be won so should you wish to bring a guest/s, that’s fine.

Thank you and well done to everyone so far, I'm confident of another great days golf at Coventry Golf Club on August 15th where we will all enjoy and play a round of golf how Rick always liked to play, with a big smile on his face but still with a touch of competitiveness.

Should you wish to play or be involved in any way, please contact me.

Please cut & Paste to add your name below.

1/ Fish*
2/ Upsidedown*
3/ Twire*
4/ Old Skier*
5/ IainP*
6/ PIng*
7/ Crow*
8/ adasko*
9/ GG26*
10/ Coventry Professional
11/ Full_throttle*
12/ Bigfoot*
13/ Wolf
14/ Grumpyjock*
15/ Norris Radd*
16/ GM Towers (Golf Monthly staffer)*
17. GM Towers (Golf Monthly staffer)*
18/ GM Towers (Golf Monthly) staffer*
19/ GM Towers (Golf Monthly) staffer*
20/ RTR RS* (OS)
21/ RTR CW-J* (OS)
22/ RTR SP* (OS)
23/ RTR LW* (OS)
24/ Khamelion*
25/ Kraxx*
26/ Full_Throttle +1*
27/ Full_Throttle +2*
28/ Upsidedown +1*
29/ Upsidedown +2*
30/ Upsidedown +3*
31/ Rory Brookwater* TGN
32/ Dufferman*
33/ Pokerjoke*
34/ Crow +1*
35/ Mark Thomas CGC*
36/ Andy Thomas CGC*
37/ Michael Thomas CGC*
38/ Dave Roddis CGC*
39/ John Hale CGC*
40/ Jason Smith CGC*
41/ Rob Stokes (CGC Capt)
42/ RTR WB* (OS)
43/ RTR CH*(OS)
44/ Bluewolf
45/ NWJocko (TBC) Defending Champion 👍
46/ Treeseeker
47/
48/
49/
50/
51/
52/
53/
54/

* Denotes £20 donation (registration) received.

Keep the payments coming please 👍😎

Last edited:

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
No promises, but what tee time spread (or shotgun start time) are you thinking of Rob?

Me and the missus may be able to tie it in with some Shakespeare thing at Blenheim (for her), but may need to know approx tee times so that we could sort out the logistics/timings for both of us.

Whether we can or not, now in a position to send you that donation anyway - any suggestions on what it could be for - nearest in 3 on a par 5, or maybe even furthest away in 3 on a par 5, could be a laugh.:D

Fish

Banned
Visit site
No promises, but what tee time spread (or shotgun start time) are you thinking of Rob?

Me and the missus may be able to tie it in with some Shakespeare thing at Blenheim (for her), but may need to know approx tee times so that we could sort out the logistics/timings for both of us.

Whether we can or not, now in a position to send you that donation anyway - any suggestions on what it could be for - nearest in 3 on a par 5, or maybe even furthest away in 3 on a par 5, could be a laugh.:D

Furthest away in 3 would be funny but logistically difficult as you’d have to keep walking back to put the marker in🤔

Nearest in 3 on our 16th would be good, it’s 3 decent strikes to get up there 🏌️⛳️

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Furthest away in 3 would be funny but logistically difficult as you’d have to keep walking back to put the marker in🤔

Nearest in 3 on our 16th would be good, it’s 3 decent strikes to get up there 🏌️⛳️

Go for that kidder, I'll get the money over in due course.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Main Prizes on the day

1st Place: (Forum Member) Rickg Memorial Trophy + Individual Trophy to keep + Stewart R1-S Push Trolley (Value £179) (y)
stewart-golf-r1_push-black-white.jpg

1st Place: (Guest) Set (13) Lamkin TS1 Grips + 1 x Sink Fit Skinny (Value £150) :cool:
Lamkin.jpg Sink.jpg

2nd Place: A 3-ball round of golf with me hosting (making up fourball) on the Hotchkin (Woodhall Spa)
Hotchkin.jpg

3rd Place: Galvin Green (L) Dale Jacket Insula (RRP £124) :love:
Galvin Green.jpg

Nearest the Pins

5th/ 12 x Titleist Tour Soft Balls
7th/ 12 x Titleist TruSoft Balls
15th/ 12 x Titleist Pro V1 Balls
17th/ 12 x Titleist Pro V1x Balls

Longest Drives

6th/ 6 x Titleist Pro V1x Balls
16th/ 6 x Titleist Pro V1x Balls

Nearest the Pin in 2

12th/ 6 x Titleist Pro V1x Balls

Nearest the Pin in 3

16th/ 6 x Titleist Pro V1x Balls

There will also be a raffle with an array of prizes of varying quality, including some just for fun items :sneaky:

Be nice if you could bring anything along to add to the raffle table, anything that you've been given and won't use that's stuck in a draw or cupboard, or even just a bottle of wine etc (y)

Still places available to join us all on the day ;)

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Please pay the £20 donation (registration) ASAP to confirm you are definitely playing(y)

This payment is to be paid directly to the Just Giving link in my signature, you are getting nothing in return for this so it's simply a ‘donation’ so you can add Gift Aid.

The £20 balance will then be collected on the day in cash to cover the meal & prizes.

We have already raised £1,570.00 (includes Gift Aid) before a golf ball has even been hit, and subsequently lost :eek:

Last year in it's first term we raised £1,543.81 so we have now passed last years figure, and with a few more pledged donations to arrive, plus what we raise on the day through some raffles and challenges, it would be fantastic if we could stretch to that magical £2k mark for Karen's (Ricks wife) chosen charity, being the British Heart Foundation.

Places are still available should anyone like to play on the day, it's an open invitation with lots of great prizes to be won so should you wish to bring a guest/s, that’s fine.

Thank you and well done to everyone so far, I'm confident of another great days golf at Coventry Golf Club on August 15th where we will all enjoy and play a round of golf how Rick always liked to play, with a big smile on his face but still with a touch of competitiveness.

1/ Fish*
2/ Upsidedown*
3/ Twire*
4/ Old Skier*
5/ IainP*
6/ PIng*
7/ Crow*
8/ adasko*
9/ GG26*
11/ Full_throttle*
12/ Bigfoot*
13/ Pokerjoke*
14/ Grumpyjock*
15/ Norris Radd*
20/ RTR RS* (OS)
21/ RTR CW-J* (OS)
22/ RTR SP* (OS)
23/ RTR LW* (OS)
24/ Khamelion*
25/ Kraxx*
26/ Full_Throttle +1*
27/ Full_Throttle +2*
28/ Upsidedown +1*
29/ Upsidedown +2*
30/ Upsidedown +3*
31/ Rory Brookwater* TGN
32/ Dufferman*
33/ Rob Stokes (CGC Capt)
34/ Crow +1*
35/ Mark Thomas CGC*
36/ Andy Thomas CGC*
37/ Michael Thomas CGC*
38/ Dave Roddis CGC*
39/ John Hale CGC*
40/ Jason Smith CGC*
41/ RTR WB* (OS)
42/ RTR CH*(OS)
43/ Bluewolf
44/ NWJocko (TBC) Defending Champion (y)
45/ Treeseeker
46/
47/
48/
49/
50/
51/
52/
53/
54/

Keep the payments coming please(y)

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Sponsor a Tee

1/ Stewart Golf* (Main sponsor)
2/ Bigslice £20 ( + Gift Aid)*
3/ RTR GS £20 (+Gift Aid)*
4/ Lamkin Grips* (Prize provided)
5/ Martin Sutliff, Coventry Pro (Prize Provided)
6/ Bigfoot £20 (+ Gift Aid)*
7/ Martin Sutliff, Coventry Pro (Prize Provided)
8/ Norrin Radd £20*
9/ Crow £20 ( + Gift Aid)*
10/ DRW £40 (+ Gift Aid)*
11/ R.M.H Logistics £10 (+ Gift Aid)*
12/ PIng £20 (+Gift Aid)*
13/ GG26 £20 (+ Gift Aid)*
14/ Crow £20*
15/ Martin Sutliff, Coventry Pro (Prize Provided)
16/ Pauldj42 £25 ( + Gift Aid)*
17/ Martin Sutliff, Coventry Pro (Prize Provided)
18/ Richart £60 (+ Gift Aid)*

Nearest the Pin

5th/ Bigfoot £10 (+ Gift Aid)*
7th/ Crow £20 ( + Gift Aid)*
15th/Grumpyjock £20 (+Gift Aid)*
17th/Grumpyjock £20 (+Gift Aid)*

Longest Drives

6th/ 2blue £20 ( + Gift Aid)*
16th/ Pauldj42 ( + Gift Aid)*

Nearest the Pin in 2

12th/ Full_throttle £10 (+ Gift Aid)*

Nearest the Pin in 3

16th/ Liverbirdie £20 (+ Gift Aid)

Play with a GM Staffer

Mike Harris, Bill Elliott, Jez Elwood, Nick Bonfield

1/ Bigfoot £20 (+ Gift Aid)*
2/ Upsidedown £20 (+ Gift Aid)*
3/ Full_Throttle £20 (+ Gift Aid)*
4/ Martin Sutliff Coventry Pro*
5/ Rob Stokes Coventry Capt*
6/ Norrin Radd*
7/
8/

Last edited:

Fish

Banned
Visit site
With Stewart Golf being our main sponsor, Mark Stewart has given me a code that should anyone be thinking of buying anything from their site they will be offered a discount to which I have a specific code for.

This code will also be on the Stewart Brochures that will be in your welcome pack on arrival.

Should you require the code early please message me for it, you do not need to attend the day to obtain this code, but it is not to be passed around openly on social media or abused, it is for Golf Monthly forum members only, I will be liaising with Mark when the code is being used.

Huge thanks to Stewart Golf (y)

Still places available to play :cool:

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Please pay the £20 donation (registration) ASAP to confirm you are definitely playing (y)

We have already raised £1,595.00 (includes Gift Aid) before a golf ball has even been hit, and subsequently lost :eek:

Last year in it's first term we raised £1,543.81 so we have now passed last years figure, and with a few more pledged donations to arrive, plus what we raise on the day through some raffles and challenges, it would be fantastic if we could stretch to that magical £2k mark for Karen's (Ricks wife) chosen charity, being the British Heart Foundation.

1/ Fish*
2/ Upsidedown*
3/ Twire*
4/ Old Skier*
5/ IainP*
6/ PIng*
7/ Crow*
8/ adasko*
9/ GG26*
11/ Full_throttle*
12/ Bigfoot*
13/ Pokerjoke*
14/ Grumpyjock*
15/ Norris Radd*
20/ RTR RS* (OS)
21/ RTR CW-J* (OS)
22/ RTR SP* (OS)
23/ RTR LW* (OS)
24/ Khamelion*
25/ Kraxx*
26/ Full_Throttle +1*
27/ Full_Throttle +2*
28/ Upsidedown +1*
29/ Upsidedown +2*
30/ Upsidedown +3*
31/ Rory Brookwater* TGN
32/ Dufferman*
34/ Crow +1*
35/ Mark Thomas CGC*
36/ Andy Thomas CGC*
37/ Michael Thomas CGC*
38/ Dave Roddis CGC*
39/ John Hale CGC*
40/ Jason Smith CGC*
41/ RTR WB* (OS)
42/ RTR CH*(OS)
43/ Bluewolf*
44/ NWJocko (TBC) Defending Champion (y)
45/ Treeseeker
46/
47/
48/
49/
50/
51/
52/
53/
54/

Keep the payments coming please (y)

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Is this still the current Op Order.

Yes, it’s an 11am shotgun, like last year there’s a few fun things to do before we all go out on the sticky dart board and practice putting green, plus for those visiting for the first time, there’s also a short chipping green & long chipping area with new practice bunkers plus a longer practice area and a couple of nets if you want to warm up.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Please pay the £20 donation (registration) ASAP to confirm you are definitely playing 👍

We have already raised £1,620.00 (includes Gift Aid) before a golf ball has even been hit, and subsequently lost 😜

1/ Fish*#
2/ Upsidedown*
3/ Twire*
4/ Old Skier*x
5/ IainP*
6/ PIng*
7/ Crow*
8/ adasko*
9/ GG26*
11/ Full_throttle*
12/ Bigfoot*
13/ Pokerjoke*x
14/ Grumpyjock*#
15/ Norris Radd*
16/ Mike Harris (Golf Monthly staffer)*
17. Jez Elwood (Golf Monthly staffer)*
18/ Bill Elliott (Golf Monthly) staffer*
19/ Nick Bonfield (Golf Monthly) staffer*
20/ RTR RS* (OS)
21/ RTR CW-J* (OS)
22/ RTR SP* (OS)
23/ RTR LW* (OS)
24/ Khamelion*
25/ Kraxx*
26/ Full_Throttle +1*
27/ Full_Throttle +2*
28/ Upsidedown +1*
29/ Upsidedown +2*
30/ Upsidedown +3*
31/ Rory Brookwater* TGN
32/ Dufferman*
34/ Crow +1*
35/ Mark Thomas CGC*
36/ Andy Thomas CGC*
37/ Michael Thomas CGC*
38/ Dave Roddis CGC*
39/ John Hale CGC*
40/ Jason Smith CGC*
41/ RTR WB* (OS)
42/ RTR CH*(OS)
43/ Bluewolf*
44/ NWJocko (TBC) Defending Champion 👍
45/ Treeseeker
46/ Upsidedown +4*
47/
48/
49/
50/
51/
52/
53/
54/

# Denotes still have a ribbon.
x Denotes no ribbon.

Keep the payments coming please 👍

Last edited:

Fish

Banned
Visit site
So that I don't need to buy anything unnecessarily, can those that played last year confirm if they still have their ribbons?

I have a certain amount left over from last year, hopefully that will be enough for the new forum faces attending, I don't expect guests to wear a ribbon, so if you played last year and still have one, can you let me know please and wear it on the day.

Thank you.

Ribbon.JPG

grumpyjock

Tour Rookie
Visit site
So that I don't need to buy anything unnecessarily, can those that played last year confirm if they still have their ribbons?

I have a certain amount left over from last year, hopefully that will be enough for the new forum faces attending, I don't expect guests to wear a ribbon, so if you played last year and still have one, can you let me know please and wear it on the day.

Thank you.

View attachment 27841
Mine is still on the red cap from last year.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Cheeky scouser alert!!!!

Anyone got room on their way back down south for 1 inc clubs/trolley, afterwards to Oxford area or A34, or even just down the M40?

I havent booked any part of the trip,hotel or anything else yet, but with the missus coming with me the whole schedule for the Thursday works better if she drops me off at Rob's course, and takes the car with her down to Blenheim. Happy to contribute to juice, also. (y)

PIng

Head Pro
Visit site

Thank you.

View attachment 27841
I've found mine - whether I remember to take it with me on the day is another matter.