Reduction only question please

D

Deleted member 15344

From Congu Q’s

Q.8 A player should know before he competes what is required of him to play to, or better, his handicap. How can, for example, CONGU® justify a situation in which the CSS reduces to one stroke less than the SSS of the course? This can result in a player being denied a reduction in handicap or scoring outside the relevant buffer zone
A.8 The Course Rating system from which the SSS is derived is based on normal midseason playing conditions and includes an allowance for average wind speeds at the various golfing locations. When course or weather conditions are more or less difficult than ‘average’ the expectation is that scoring will be affected. Scoring conditions more favourable than ‘average’ include little or no wind, favourable pin positions and additional roll. In such circumstances the CSS can be one stroke less than the SSS. Conversely in unfavourable weather and course conditions the CSS can increase by up to three strokes above the SSS. In extreme circumstances the competition can become ‘SSS + 3 Reduction Only’. The intent of the CSS system is to standardise the ‘reward’ for equal performance in different playing circumstances. For example, by applying the CSS system the performance of a player who returns a net score 2 strokes below the SSS on a day of high wind when the CSS is calculated to be SSS +3 (Net Differential -5) equates to that of another player returning a net score 6 strokes below the SSS on a day when the CSS is calculated to be SSS-1 (Net Differential -5)

D

Deleted member 3432

Bad scores, usually weather related or perhaps stupid course set up!

Not unusual to see RO at my place due to very windy conditions.

bladeplayer

Money List Winner
Visit site
Bad scores, usually weather related or perhaps stupid course set up!

Not unusual to see RO at my place due to very windy conditions.
Its the RO for only +3 of the sss is the bit i was questioning . I thought it was allowed to go +3 of sss and stil not b RO

Just curious but thank u for reply

User 99

Assistant Pro
Banned
Visit site
Played in two counting stablefords last week that I barely scored mid 20s, both with RO. I was disappointed as I desperately need the point ones as my game is in tatters :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: